6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

My EAD was approved last week and I got my card on monday, the email actually said they had approved my EAD and that they had ordered my card.

This is the email I got today:

This case has been approved. On May 22, 2006, an approval notice was mailed. If 30 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please speak to an Immigration Information Officer during business hours.

What is this?? just a letter saying it was approved?? I dont get it!

Our visa Journey ~~~~ 226 days

Removing Conditions on ~~~ May 2008

Our first anniversary ~~~ November 12, 2006

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I received the same letter and card arrived in the mail a few days later. Congratulations. :dance:

noa1 08/12/05 CSC

touched 08/17/05

touched 10/17/05(due to e-mail)

touched 10/18/05

Touched 10-25-05(due to e-mail)

10-26-05 NOA2!!!!!

NVC case number assigned 11-08-05

Sent to Embassy 11-10-05

Packet 3 received 11-29-05

Packet 3 sent to Kiev Embassy 12-06-05

Interview 1-06-2006 :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

haha..thats us. approved aos, got e-mails last week and today again same again.

Octa and Nicu

I-129F Interview..........04-25-2005

US Entry......................05-19-2005

Marriage......................07-16-2005

Filed AOS/EAD..............08-16-2005

Received EAD................11-28-2005

AOS Interview...............05-15-2006

Received Green Card.....05-25-2006

The way to find out if you love someone or not, is by talking to them.

The more you talk to them the more you either hate them or love them.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Ana,

OOOOOHHHHHH, OOOOOOHHHHH!!!! Can we have one of those approval emails?!?! I think I would be happy to get one about now---even if it is for YOUR EAD! We put in a second inquiry today with the 1-800 number so we'll see if it helps any this time. The Infopass appointment this week was a complete waste of time! So we'll go again next week to try to get a different officer that will agree to help us.

Molly

November 2004 Met my sweetheart Stephen online

March 22, 2005 Stephen and I got married in Ikeja, Nigeria

March 28, 2005 Had to leave my heart in Nigeria with Stephen

K-3 Journey

April 7 to December 12, 2005 Filing to visa interview

December 12, 2005 VISA GRANTED!!!!

December 15, 2005 Visa in hand!!!

December 19, 2005 MY HUSBAND ARRIVES IN USA!!!!!!!

AOS Journey

December 29, 2005 NOA1 receipt date for AOS, EAD

January 20, 2006 Received RFE for affidavit of support on AOS

January 23, 2006 Sent reply to MSC for RFE

January 24, 2006 RFE reply received at NBC

January 26, 2006 Email saying AOS is back on track

January 28, 2006 Received biometrics appointment letter for EAD and AOS

February 9, 2006 Biometrics appointment

February 20, 2006 EAD and AOS touched

March 30, 2006 Received interim EAD at Phoenix office.

June 7, 2006 EAD touched

June 8, 2006 EAD touched AGAIN

June 10, 2006 Received interview letter in mail for AOS

June 15, 2006 EAD approved FINALLY!!!!!

JULY 12, 2006 INTERVIEW AT PHOENIX DISTRICT OFFICE

JULY 20, 2006 AOS APPROVED!!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
Ana,

OOOOOHHHHHH, OOOOOOHHHHH!!!! Can we have one of those approval emails?!?! I think I would be happy to get one about now---even if it is for YOUR EAD! We put in a second inquiry today with the 1-800 number so we'll see if it helps any this time. The Infopass appointment this week was a complete waste of time! So we'll go again next week to try to get a different officer that will agree to help us.

Molly

I would gladly send you one of these...LOL...

Now that I have my card already...:D

Molly, I was thinking, that if you go again for an infopass (and since they dont have an email addy). And in the case of not receiving any help, just ask them, nicely. Ok, since we cant do anything here, which would be the best way to try to find out what's stopping my case? Should I contact my Congressperson or the Ombudsman?

This is the email that I sent them:

Good morning:

I am aware that maybe I should not be using this email address to make consultations. But I have not had any help from the USCIS information line, and my case that is being processed with the Missouri Service Center has not had any changes since they received our response for more evidence in January 26, 2006. My A# is XXX-XXX-XXX and my name is Ana E. XXXXXX. And I am very worried about my case, because even though the Pittsburgh District Office was kind enough to provide my interim EAD card after the 90 day period expired; the card is only valid until August 1st, 2006. I am afraid that the Missouri Service Center misplaced my file or something like that, and they will not process my AOS, EAD and AP on time to overlap the period in which my actual card expires and I will be forced to stop working.

In my last visit to your offices, I required information to expedite my I-131, and one of your officers provided me with a fax number to the Vermont Service Center, which was really fast replying via fax, and providing the instructions to expedite my Travel Document by mailing the information to the MSC. The information was sent immediately, however, the receipt of this documentation is not shown in the website; neither have I received any responses from them.

I just want to know what the next steps I should be taking are. Should I introduce new forms requesting my EAD and my travel document? Should I contact the Ombudsman or my Congressman??

Again, I am aware that probably I should make an infopass appointment to make these questions directly to your officers, however, I am also restricted in time, because I cannot leave my office so easily. I am so worried, because after extending an offer my employer had to wait almost 3 months for me to obtain the documentation to start working, I feel it’s in my hands to try to make things work out so I don’t have to quit working due to lack of documentation. Please advice.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide,

Best Regards,

Ana E. XXXX

A# 099-076-383

SSN: XXX-XX-XXXX

I-485 – MSC06081XXXXX

I-765 – MSC06081XXXXX

I-131 – MSC06081XXXXX

Address: Some Streeet in the South Side, Pittsburgh, PA 15203

Phone: 412-555-5555

Mobile: 412-555-5551

Office: 412-555-5552

As you see, I did not ask them to solve my problem, just to let me know what should I do. Maybe you could try and approach it this way? I guess it appeals to the human side of these officer that might be a tad jaded over hearing thousands and thousands of different stories.

Anyhoo, just my 2 cents... hope it helps.

Our visa Journey ~~~~ 226 days

Removing Conditions on ~~~ May 2008

Our first anniversary ~~~ November 12, 2006

How did you get a special email address to make an inquiry? You suggested in one of my posts that I do that, but I don't know any email addresses for the Dallas office.

panama17xu.gif texas19sn.gif

pequen4io.jpg

Married January 18, 2006

08 JUN 2006.....AP document recieved :)

09 JUN 2006.....regular EAD approval

14 JUN 2006.....regular EAD recieved in mail

22 JUL 2006......AOS and EAD (?) touched...moving along maybe? :)

21 AUG 2006....Recieved interview letter!

26 SEP 2006.....INTERVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!

26 SEP 2006.....APPROVED WITH FLYING COLORS!

05 OCT 2006....Welcome letter recieved

11 OCT 2006....THE CARD ARRIVES!!!!!!!!!!

15 SEP 2008.....Sent for removal of conditions

24 SEP 2008.....NOA for removal of conditions

10 MAR 2009....Transferred from VSC to CSC

22 MAY 2009.....REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS APPROVED!!!!!! :) Citizenship here we come!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.