Mark&Steph

PostSecret

15 posts in this topic

http://postsecret.blogspot.com/

I don't know why but I like this little site and thought I'd share it with you all in case someone else might find it interesting. People send in postcards or pictures with secrets written on them and this site puts them up every Sunday. The secrets run the gambit. Some are funny, or disturbing, or sad, or sweet. I don't know. I just thought it worthwhile to share here.

Oh, and this week's secrets include a pic with a man's bare butt on it so if you're offended by such things then by all means, don't click the link. :lol:

Edited by Mark&Steph

Real love stories never have endings...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I have been a fan of postsecret for a while now and i absolutely adore the site. the postcards change every sunday and i always read to be reminded of the fragility of humans as well as our follies and triumphs.

1/5/2007 WEDDING DAY. ACCRA GHANA.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thats something different!

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I love postsecret and gotta admit that EVERY single time I go there, I want to send something in, but don't have the guts lol :rofl:

02/20/2008 - wedding

06/09/2008 - finally sent package!

06/11/2008 - package received

06/19/2008 - NOA received - I-485, I-130, I-765

06/23/2008 - I-765 correction sent

06/25/2008 - I-765 correction received

06/30/2008 - NOA received, biometrics scheduled

07/11/2008 - I-485, I-765 touched

07/15/2008 - Biometrics

09/14/2008 - 90 days since NOA, no news about my EAD.

09/15/2008 - Called USCIS, no holds on my case, they made an inquiry on my EAD.

09/20/2008 - Got a letter saying they are working on my I-765 actively and there's nothing they could do, I have to wait for 6 more months till I'm "out of the" timeline again GRRRRRRRRRRR

09/25/2008 - Infopass appt.

09/26/2008 - EAD, card production ordered. YAAAAAAAAAAAY

09/29/2008 - EAD touched

10/01/2008 - EAD touched

10/03/2008 - Approval notice sent!yupyyyyyyyyyy

10/04/2008 - Finally received the EAD, time to go job hunting!

11/19/2008 - Interview letter received

01/13/2009 - Interview date APPROVED

01/13/2009 - Card production ordered

01/22/2009 - Aproval notice sent

01/22/2009 - Received Green Card YAAAAAAAAAAAAY

.png

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Who vets all these secrets and ensures they are for real and not just stuff people are making up?

Yeah. I thought so.

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

Who vets all these secrets and ensures they are for real and not just stuff people are making up?

Yeah. I thought so.

Like that could even be possible since they are sent in anonymously.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
EXACTLY!!

For all you know, it's just random BS the website owner is making up to get people to come to his site. Nothing too interesting or thought provoking about that.

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

EXACTLY!!

For all you know, it's just random BS the website owner is making up to get people to come to his site. Nothing too interesting or thought provoking about that.

*shrugs* Doesn't matter to me whether they're made up or not. I just like reading them.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline
EXACTLY!!

My dad sent one in a couple of years ago which was posted. He sent me the link, but never told me which one it was, although I had a good guess I think.

shoes-1.jpg

tt3083899fltt.gif

AOS Timeline:

- 06/30/2009: Filed for AOS/EAD/AP

- 07/02/2009: AOS packet received

- 07/08/2009: Check cashed

- 07/10/2009: Received all 3 NOA1s

- 07/14/2009: Received biometrics appt.

- 07/29/2009: Case transferred to CSC

- 08/01/2009: Advanced Parole Documents Issued

- 08/06/2009: Biometrics appointment completed

- 08/11/2009: EAD issued (received 8/14)

- 11/12/2009: AOS approved

- 11/20/2009: Green Card in hand!

* Complete timeline in profile under "Signature and Story"