mannionsworld

Info Pass appointment. What can i expect?

11 posts in this topic

Dear all, I have made an Info pass appointment to discuss the following. I would greatly appreciate any help as the meeing is on Friday and I want to get the most out of it.

I had my AOS interview in March 05 and was told to submit more information, which I did within the week. I then got a letter saying that I should wait until June 06 before chasing up my case. It is now almost June and I've had no contact. So, I've made an appointment for Friday to discuss my case/ find out what's going on. This period of time for a decision seems unusual for Baltimore.

Is there anything I can take to my appointment? I submitted all the extra info they needed -- joint lease, bank account, etc. Is this likely to be an appointment that'll result in a "you'll have to wait and see" response. Or will they actually look into things and pull out files?

Any feedback would be great...

Thanks Patrick

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Actually the length of time for followup is not unusual for Balitmore. After my interview I had to wait about 4 months before I got my GC with absolutely no correspondence from them and after I eventually involved my congressman.

MARRIED MAY 2003

Submitted AOS July 2003

Received NOA August 2004

Several EADs in the process

Interview July 2005 (waiting on approval, & waiting & waiting *sigh* are we there yet?)

Submitted renewal of 3rd EAD Sept 05

Biometrics for EAD renewal Oct 26th (3 hour drive) even though there is an ASC 15 mins from my house... no appts available there :(

Oct 27th - Sent strong letter to District Director requesting a decision*** Hope this works :(

October 29th - Sent letter to congressman for help.

AOS Approved - Email Notice Nov 17th it's about bloody time... *sipping on my Guinness*

Nov 18th --- Welcome to America Letter received...

Nov 19th 10 year Green Card received in the mail.... Good bye USCIS .. until Citizenship

Dear all, I have made an Info pass appointment to discuss the following. I would greatly appreciate any help as the meeing is on Friday and I want to get the most out of it.

I had my AOS interview in March 05 and was told to submit more information, which I did within the week. I then got a letter saying that I should wait until June 06 before chasing up my case. It is now almost June and I've had no contact. So, I've made an appointment for Friday to discuss my case/ find out what's going on. This period of time for a decision seems unusual for Baltimore.

Is there anything I can take to my appointment? I submitted all the extra info they needed -- joint lease, bank account, etc. Is this likely to be an appointment that'll result in a "you'll have to wait and see" response. Or will they actually look into things and pull out files?

Any feedback would be great...

Thanks Patrick

I would take ALL your paperwork with you to the infopass appointment. You never know what you will need.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

I wasn't even sure if I should bring the wife along too. I've decided not too. But I was wondering whether it's just someone looking on a computer and basically repeating the information I already know -- you've got to wait. Or whether they'll prepare for my visit and have something to say.

I'll definititely prepare for the latter, but it would be great to hear from someone who has attended an appointment similar to mine.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Moldova
Timeline
I wasn't even sure if I should bring the wife along too. I've decided not too. But I was wondering whether it's just someone looking on a computer and basically repeating the information I already know -- you've got to wait. Or whether they'll prepare for my visit and have something to say.

I'll definititely prepare for the latter, but it would be great to hear from someone who has attended an appointment similar to mine.

No, they won't prepare for your appointment. We had an infopass in Chicago a few weeks ago and they do just look at the computer and say that your case pending. Bring all of your paperwork but don't expect too much in the form of results. I pretty much went just for my own peace of mind of knowing that we tried.

Our tax dollars hard at work.

Good Luck.

Dave

Thanks to all for the guidance and support and speedy processing to all!

Our Visa Journey Timeline

Marina's parents Nicolai & Galina I-130

01/20/2009 I-130 Petitions package mailed to Chicago Lockbox (priority mail)
01/31/2009 NOA1's rec'd for both petitions
03/16/2009 Approval notices dated 03/10/09 rec'd in the mail for both petitions (no on-line update)
03/30/2009 NVC DS-3032 packets received by petitioner
03/31/2009 Paid $70 AOS (affadavit of support) fee on-line (one fee for both petitions)
04/10/2009 Marina's parent's e-mailed DS-3032 to NVC for both petitions
04/15/2009 AOS documents for both petitions mailed USPS Priority to NVC
04/21/2009 Rec'd e-mails from NVC for approval for Marina to be designated agent for both
04/25/2009 Paid $400 IV (immigrant visa) fee on-line for each petition ($800 total for both parents)
06/04/2009 DS-230 & supporting documents for both petitions mailed USPS Priority to NVC
06/22/2009 Both cases completed at NVC (per automated phone line message on 06/30/09)
07/10/2009 Interview notification e-mail received; both interviews scheduled for 08/11/09
08/11/2009 Interview(s) completed for both parents in Bucharest; visas in hand!
12/21/2009 Nicolai & Galina arrived in the United States as scheduled! (Chicago O'Hare)

Marina's parents Nicolai & Galina N-400

10/21/2014 N-400 applications mailed to Phoenix Lockbox (priority mail)

11/03/2014 NOA1's received for both

11/07/2014 Biometrics letters received for both

11/17/2014 Biometrics completed for both

11/22/2014 Received "yellow letter" for both

01/06/2015 Received "in-line" e-mail for both

01/12/2015 Received interview letter for both (scheduled for 2/10/15)

02/10/2015 Interviews passed for both; waiting for oath ceremony date(s)

03/03/2015 Oath Ceremony in Chicago; two new US Citizens!

I don't think the infopass is useful, because I did it before. I heard and saw that a lot of people, they follow up their cases by writing the letter to the congressman office, I heard that some of them already got the AOS interview again. Just try, there is no harm. Good Luck, and hang in there!!! :yes:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I had my AOS interview in March 05 and was told to submit more information, which I did within the week. I then got a letter saying that I should wait until June 06 before chasing up my case.

Geesh, I can't believe they told you you'd have to wait more than a year after you already had your interview. We've already been waiting 18 months for our interview so I hope that doesn't happen to us.

We tried the Infopass thing but it was a pointless waste of time. Just as you fear, somebody looked on the computer screen and told us we had to wait. I got the sense they knew more than they were saying but obviously weren't going to say it.

Also tried the congressman thing. All he did was give us the same erroneous information about processing dates that is on their website and told us to wait.

So, I just came back from the appointment. It went as expected, in that they just looked at the computer and said I should wait and that they had no idea of a time frame. However, I was surprised by the reason they gave for the delay.

In the letter they gave me back in October (after I sent the additional information following the interview), it said that the office would review the case and get back to me. They also said it takes 240 days and that I should go and see them after June 3rd, hence my visit. But when I spoke to the clerk, she said that I was pending a background check and gave me a letter saying that it was outside of their control. I thought this strange because surely they do background checks before the interview.

Is it normal to conduct a background check after the interview date? It just doesn't seem like a credible excuse to me.

Feedback/Opionions would be great.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Is it normal to conduct a background check after the interview date? It just doesn't seem like a credible excuse to me.

Feedback/Opionions would be great.

I don't think there is a set time for that, I believe the background check (with the biometrics) is independent of the interview process - but they will not approve you till they get the background and biometrics done (in my mind they are both one and the same thing.) Our Interview was the same day that he ordered our biometrics and said once he receives the results he will make a decision - it took 8 weeks after that. Good Luck

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

I'm sorry to bump this topic back up, but I'm still not sure of my situation. I know there's a lot of confusion with these cases, and that that's to be expected, but I could really do with some help.

I'm not going to bore people by writing my whole post/story over again. So, what i'm not sure about is where is my case and has anyone been through this process with Baltimore. I was told that I am pending a background check. Does that mean it's with the FBI for a name check? Has anyone had complications with their AOS case in Baltimore? I had my interview 8 months ago and heard nothing until yesterday when my info pass officer said they were conducting background checks. I am just completely at a loss what to think.

I found the other parts of the K1 application okay as my frustration was shared with others. But I now feel alone and that non one knows what is going on.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

we have had an awful time with Baltimore, we were told during our interview that the fbi check was not completed, they were backed up, interview went very smooth, nightmare ever since, still no green card !

(see timeline)

good luck to you tho !

Maryland, USA - New Delhi, India

March 2, 2004 - sent I-129F to Vermont Center

March 8, 2004 - Received NOA#1 dated 3/03/04

April 24, 2004 - Rec'd NOA#2 notice in the mail

April 26, 2004 -rec'd case

April 30, 2004 - Case sent to embassy

May 5, 2004 - New Delhi Embassy receives package

May 18, 2004 - Rec'd Packet 3 from embassy

May 31, 2004 - checklist and DS-230 sent to embassy speedpost

INTERVIEW August 2nd - Visa Granted

August 12, 2004 - MARRIED !!

AOS

August 26, 2004- AOS sent to Vermont

Sept 2, 2004 - applied for ss#

Sept 10, 2004 - received ss#

Sept 7, 2004 - AOS Transferred to Baltimore

Sept 27, 2004 - (work authorization granted)

Oct 1, 2004 - recieved driver's license

April 12, 2005 - green card interview, waiting FBI ck.

July 22, 2005 rec'd notice of denial due to an error on birth certificate (by one day) alerted them to this in the beginning of the k-1 process?? 30 days to send in early childhood records,

March 15, 2006, rec'd a brand new "intent to deny notice" due to "vaccines" sent in I-693 , states his shots are up to date and all vaccines he rec'd in India, are all that was needed for his age.

6/20/06 finally rec'd approval notice dated 6/9/06! i-551stamp 6/29/06

7/20/06 green card arrives

"While I dance I cannot judge, I cannot hate, I cannot separate myself from life. I can only be joyful and whole. That is why I dance."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.