rupa

September AOS filers

3,794 posts in this topic

so After Making a request for Interim EAD last Monday, I was promised to get the response within 5 days. I got an email today that my EAD is approved and card production ordered. NICE but no news about AP though.

I am telling you guys to make that request once you complete 90 days. It worked for me. Also send an email to Ombudsman office after 90 days. They will get it done from USCIS.

Good Luck

N-400

1/18 Documents sent to Texas

1/23 - NOA received

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
so After Making a request for Interim EAD last Monday, I was promised to get the response within 5 days. I got an email today that my EAD is approved and card production ordered. NICE but no news about AP though.

I am telling you guys to make that request once you complete 90 days. It worked for me. Also send an email to Ombudsman office after 90 days. They will get it done from USCIS.

Good Luck

Wooooooooooooo!

Trawal, that is awesome news!! Congratulations!

:dance::dance::dance:

Hopefully your AP is not too far behind!

Hi guys!

I went to my infopass appointment today.

Weather was bad :huh: , I kept checking internet to see if they were closed.

Since there was no news there I decided to go, took twice as long to drive there.

When I got into the building, to go through security, the first thing they told me is that they are closing down the whole building in 10 min. because of the weather. I feared my whole trip was in vain :angry:

But at least they let me come in, to see if i could reschedule my appointment.

I came into the USCIS office and waited.

Finally a guy came, he gave me two min, since they were about to close down the building.

All he said was he had looked at my case that morning, and since I had a RFE, my case got put on hold until they received my RFE, I then had to count 90 days from the day they received my RFE, and now I am only on day 69, so I have to wait for 21 more days............that is just lovely :bonk:

So no christmas present for me, have to wait until next year :cry:

Booooo... :angry:

(F)(F)

love0038.gif

For Immigration Timeline, click here.

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

Alright got an email again that my AP is approved too. What a day today...

EAD and AP approved. Best ever gift for New year and that too from USCIS. Unbelievable.

Sending an email to Ombudsman helped.

N-400

1/23 - NOA received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

EAD and AP approved. Best ever gift for New year and that too from USCIS. Unbelievable.

:dance::dance::dance::dance:

Great day!

How long do you think i should wait before contacting the Ombudsman? We went for our InfoPass just yesterday. :(

love0038.gif

For Immigration Timeline, click here.

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello... i dont know about how to contact or email the senator or ombudsman.. appreciate any ideas thanks so muchhhh happy new year to all!!

09/30/08 - mailed AOS, AP and EAD thru USPS

10/02/08 - received and signed by V. Bustamante

10/06/08 - check cashed out

10/07/08 - date of NOA

10/08/08 - last touch for AP and EAD

10/28/08 - AOS transferred to CSC

11/04/08 - touched on AOS

11/05/08 - touched again on AOS

11/06/08 - touched again on AOS ( no touch on AP and EAD)

12/08/08 - EAD approved according to USCIS officer (from infopass)

12/09/08 - touched on AP and EAD

12/10/08 - AP approved dated 12/09

12/15/08 - AP on mail

01/12/09 - went to infopass - found out my EAD has been approved since DEC 8,2008

01/21/09 - biometrics appoinment

01/21/09- Card production ordered for I-765 and a touched for I-485

01/22/09 - touched on I-485

01/23/09 - touched again on i-485

01/26/09- touched again on I-485 and i-765! WOW!

01/29/09 - i-765 approval notice sent.. and EAD card received in mail

02/24/09 - AOS APPROVED!! thanks God!

02/25/09 - AOS touched again

02/27/09 - GC and welcome letter received in the mail

Great day!

How long do you think i should wait before contacting the Ombudsman? We went for our InfoPass just yesterday. :(

google ombudsman. Noa posted a link other day

They will definately help you. Make sure you wait 90 days from your online receipt date on USCIS website before sending them an email

Edited by trawal

N-400

1/23 - NOA received

Timeline

Great day!

They will definately help you. Make sure you wait 90 days from your online receipt date on USCIS website before sending them an email

thanks... but is that per state?

10/07/08 - date of NOA

12/15/08 - AP on mail

01/12/09 - went to infopass - found out my EAD has been approved since DEC 8,2008

Good Luck

Wooooooooooooo!

Trawal, that is awesome news!! Congratulations!

:dance::dance::dance:

Hopefully your AP is not too far behind!

Hi guys!

I went to my infopass appointment today.

Weather was bad :huh: , I kept checking internet to see if they were closed.

Since there was no news there I decided to go, took twice as long to drive there.

When I got into the building, to go through security, the first thing they told me is that they are closing down the whole building in 10 min. because of the weather. I feared my whole trip was in vain :angry:

But at least they let me come in, to see if i could reschedule my appointment.

I came into the USCIS office and waited.

Finally a guy came, he gave me two min, since they were about to close down the building.

All he said was he had looked at my case that morning, and since I had a RFE, my case got put on hold until they received my RFE, I then had to count 90 days from the day they received my RFE, and now I am only on day 69, so I have to wait for 21 more days............that is just lovely :bonk:

So no christmas present for me, have to wait until next year :cry:

Booooo... :angry:

(F)(F)

My feeling excatly!

It feels good to know someone is sharing my frustration.

Like my husband said - he thinks this VJ is a blessing and a curse, its a great place to find information and get help.

But it can be frustrating when it seems like everybody else is getting their cases approved, and for some of us nothing is happening.

But I mean it when I say : I am truly happy for everybody that got their EAD, AP and interview date. :star:

Envy_me, thanks for your reply :-)

And Trawal - Congratulations :-) :dancing:

At least we know the USCIS are still working.

08.09.08 Wedding

09.13.08 AOS package sent

09.16.08 AOS package received

09.18.08 NOA1 for I-485 and 1-765

09.26.08 NOA Biometric appointment

10.03.08 RFE

10.21.08 RFE received, case processing resumed

10.22.08 Biometric taken

01.26.09 I-765 approved (online)

02.05.09 Received EAD card

03.24.09 I-485 Interview. APPROVED :)

04.02.09 Received Green Card.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be.

Douglas Adams

Here is the link:

http://www.dhs.gov/xabout/structure/gc_1221837986181.shtm

08.09.08 Wedding

10.03.08 RFE

10.22.08 Biometric taken

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be.

Douglas Adams

Timeline

Here is the link:

thanks a lot!!! Happy New Year!

10/07/08 - date of NOA

12/15/08 - AP on mail

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

congrats trawal, that is such great news.

Still no news or updates for me on EAD or AP. I do not have the name of the representative and their number that I talked to, so how can I email ombudsman if i don't have that information.

Good Luck

Trawal, i only have the letter from uscis that they received my service request, i don't have any other information, can i still contact ombudsman

Still no news or updates for me on EAD or AP. I do not have the name of the representative and their number that I talked to, so how can I email ombudsman if i don't have that information.

Good Luck

Trawal, i only have the letter from uscis that they received my service request, i don't have any other information, can i still contact ombudsman

State that in an email that you dont remember the name of the person you spoke to.

Good Luck

try it . They will tell you whether it is enough or not.

Great day!

thanks... but is that per state?

Senators are state wise but not Ombudsman.

N-400

1/23 - NOA received

Here is the link:

thanks a lot!!! Happy New Year!

Happy to help :)

Thanks, and happy new year :star:

08.09.08 Wedding

10.03.08 RFE

10.22.08 Biometric taken

Douglas Adams

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.