Sept 2008 K1 VSC filers

922 posts in this topic

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
i have messaged Getthere about updating their profile, they are a mid Sept filler with a NOA2, so im sure there are quite a few others who have not updated yet. I guess all we can do is msg them on an individual basis.

She was one that I was talking about. I pmed her yesterday, she replied but never updated.

>< I hope she updates, that will bump me up to # 146 :D

:lol:

WOOOHOOO getthere updated and im now 146!!!!!

:ot: also there really should be some way for fillers to effectively cancel their petitions if they break up because I noticed someone who was approved last week who didnt need the visa anymore even though they did try and withdraw the petition... waste of resources still working on these petitions.... grrr VSC

ooo and wanna hear something that will make you all LOL?

I am a part time student and I also work in a diner, and yesterday I was talking to a somewhat regular customer who tried to tell me it takes 2 days to get a visa to the US, it just depends on where you live. I tried not to laugh in her face, it was pretty hard.

what's funny is that when i started this, i thought it would be a brief and easy process. silly me. :blush:

Oh, there are so many "know it all" people out there and even more who think that you can get in the USA just by marrying an USC! That might have been a case some years ago but now... :wacko: I just laugh at their comments now. Lost the will to explain...

I fancy an approval on Friday 13th. Anybody wants to join me? :P

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AOS timeline

I-485,I-765 & I-131 sent: 07-27-2009

Arrived at Chicago lockbox: 07-29-2009

NOA (for all 3): 08-03-2009

Transfer to CSC: 08-26-2009

Touched I-485: 09-01, 02, 03 & 04-2009

Biometrics appointment: 09-02-2009

AP received: 09-18-2009

EAD card received: 09-21-2009

AOS approved: 10-15-2009

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

fed8ac68ff.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Oh, there are so many "know it all" people out there and even more who think that you can get in the USA just by marrying an USC! That might have been a case some years ago but now... :wacko: I just laugh at their comments now. Lost the will to explain...

What makes me laugh, is how the Federal government thinks the USC needs 'permission' to bring their wife into the country or keep their wife here if they get married in the USA.

If anything, it should fall under state jurisdiction, on whether an immigrant who married a USC can stay or not.

But yea, this whole process is bunch of #######. Talking about wasting taxpayer money.

I-129F mailed to VSC - 08/27/08

I-129F recieved at VSC - 08/28/08

Check Cleared - 09/02/08 (Case number on back of check, never mailed me NOA1)

Touched - 09/03/08

Touched - 09/23/08

Touched - 09/24/08 (I think it relates to my change of address request)

Approval notice - 02/26/09 (updated timeline)

Approval Hardcopy - 03/05/09

Left NVC - 03/05/2009

Interview - 05/19/2009

Entered USA- 08/03/2009

P.O.E. - Atlanta, GA

http://www.myspace.com/freethinkers

i keep on checking in on the october forums to see whats going on since i am close to being an oct filler... and WOW what an impatient bunch of ppl, ud think they were the only ones waiting. ><

Yeah well some on us are really anxious to be with our significant others that was very sensitive of you to say

Carmen Guillet

i like your way of thinking...getting lucky on the unluckiest day of the month! :thumbs:

Yeah well some on us are really anxious to be with our significant others that was very sensitive of you to say

:angry: And the rest of us are here just because we are bored?! As if we don't want desperately to be with our loved ones as well? Honestly, some people..... :blink:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AOS timeline

I-485,I-765 & I-131 sent: 07-27-2009

Arrived at Chicago lockbox: 07-29-2009

NOA (for all 3): 08-03-2009

Transfer to CSC: 08-26-2009

Touched I-485: 09-01, 02, 03 & 04-2009

Biometrics appointment: 09-02-2009

AP received: 09-18-2009

EAD card received: 09-21-2009

AOS approved: 10-15-2009

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

fed8ac68ff.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

All right, guys, what's going on here? why is VT approving Oct files?

Amberdima, Kat & Allie, from looking at the statistics, you are looking about 2 weeks after RFE is issued for the approval.

Sorry, I wish I am wrong.

AmberDima, how did you meet your SO? he must be thrilled marrying an American girl:) :dance:

What makes me laugh, is how the Federal government thinks the USC needs 'permission' to bring their wife into the country or keep their wife here if they get married in the USA.

Too many fraud marriages hit the country. On the other hand, bringin your wife/hubby into the country takes even longer than fiance visas:)

Good luck everyone! I told you, I got so desperate, that my boss felt sorry for me, and he got me a ticket, and then...all of the sudden, last week, we got approved:) Your day is coming, guys!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
OMGOMGOMGOMG

My petition was touched today!!!!

No approval yet but im shaking.

fingers crossed for you . you are in my prayers

Good luck

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

All right, guys, what's going on here? why is VT approving Oct files?

Amberdima, Kat & Allie, from looking at the statistics, you are looking about 2 weeks after RFE is issued for the approval.

Sorry, I wish I am wrong.

AmberDima, how did you meet your SO? he must be thrilled marrying an American girl:) :dance:

Too many fraud marriages hit the country. On the other hand, bringin your wife/hubby into the country takes even longer than fiance visas:)

Good luck everyone! I told you, I got so desperate, that my boss felt sorry for me, and he got me a ticket, and then...all of the sudden, last week, we got approved:) Your day is coming, guys!

i went to europe last year with school and met him on the flight home. we kept in contact all summer and took a vacation together before he had to return to BY. it was magical. in hindsight, i'm almost glad i was forced into a long distance relationship because we know so much about each other and have become stronger because of it. but this needs to come to an end soon. now it's just stressful!! thx for the support!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.