Ken y Leidys

Mom says, "Stay away from COLOMBIA"

43 posts in this topic

Ever since coming down with whatever Tropical disease I now have, mom says, "Kenny, you need to stay away from DOWN THERE!"

I told her about the Hotel's restaurant getting held up by a junkie the first night I arrived in Barranquilla.

I came back so sick, the paramedics and my co-workers weren't sure if I was close to dying 3 days ago.

My VisaJourney failed to materialize - mom had her heart set on getting to know the little 5 yr old who would become my new son.

I got harassed/interrogated/3Xsearched by ICE and the Colombian authorities due to all of my travels there within a span of only 8 months.

My ex-fiance's house was home-invaded WHILE I WAS THERE--during broad daylight. The culprit was almost hacked in half by the ex-fiance's mother.

Crazy times, living on the edge has sent me to the hospital, close to dying, and mom isn't too happy... :devil:

Ken y Leidys’ Timeline

May 1, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-1)

Aug 4, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-2)

Oct 7, 2009 - Bogota Interview

Oct 16, 2009 - Diomesa package arrived in downtown Barranquilla

Oct 20, 2009 - Leidys took bus to Diomesa Office to pick up Visa/Passport package because ("We don't deliver to your Barrio").

Nov 22, 2009 - POE (30 min.) Los Angeles, Intl.

Dec 27, 2009 - Wedding

March 8, 2010 - AOS NOA

April 8, 2010 - AOS BIO (in Riverside, CA)

May 11, 2010 - AOS AP

May 24, 2010 - AOS Interview

May 27, 2010 - AOS EAD May 27, 2010

Jun 18, 2010 - Green Card Received!

Apr 07, 2012 - ROC Filed

Oct 11, 2012 - ROC RFE

Jan 08, 2013 - CONDITIONS REMOVED!!!

VicFrndz.jpgBAQ+Taxi.jpgclubberz.jpgCumbiaz.jpg

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm with your mom Ken, having read the synopsis I have to agree that Columbia doesn't like you. The cosmic forces that be are telling you to stay the f out! :thumbs:

Filed: Country: Turkey
Timeline
I'm with your mom Ken, having read the synopsis I have to agree that Columbia doesn't like you. The cosmic forces that be are telling you to stay the f out! :thumbs:

I have to also agree on this one with cattattude!

All these incidents seem to be signs for you that this wasn't meant to be and that everything happens for a reason. It's time now you take care of #1 in your life now and that is you, GOD Bless! (F)

1803363hy9lzatt1e.gif avatar_ani_050.gifSOON TO BE HAPPILY DIVORCED! avatar_ani_052.gif 1803363hy9lzatt1e.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Seriously, Ken, can you blame your mother for saying that?

Scott - So. California, Lai - Hong Kong

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fagm.gif3dflagsdotcom_chchk_2fagm.gif

Our timeline:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showuser=1032

Our Photos

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=7mj8fg...=0&y=x7fhak

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.j...z8zadq&Ux=1

Optimist: "The glass is half full."

Pessimist: "The glass is half empty."

Scott: "I didn't order this!!!"

"Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God." - Ruth 1:16

"Losing faith in Humanity, one person at a time."

"Do not put your trust in princes, in mortal men, who cannot save." - Ps 146:3

cool.gif

IMG_6283c.jpg

Vicky >^..^< She came, she loved, and was loved. 1989-07/07/2007

The cosmic forces that be are telling you to stay the f out! :thumbs:

But, I don't believe in Cosmic Forces/Energy... :blink:

Ken y Leidys’ Timeline

Oct 20, 2009 - Leidys took bus to Diomesa Office to pick up Visa/Passport package because ("We don't deliver to your Barrio").

Dec 27, 2009 - Wedding

March 8, 2010 - AOS NOA

May 11, 2010 - AOS AP

Apr 07, 2012 - ROC Filed

Oct 11, 2012 - ROC RFE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

ok fine - me neither - god told me its ####### :P

ok fine - me neither - god told me its ####### :P

Same here. :innocent:

Ken y Leidys’ Timeline

Dec 27, 2009 - Wedding

March 8, 2010 - AOS NOA

May 11, 2010 - AOS AP

Apr 07, 2012 - ROC Filed

Oct 11, 2012 - ROC RFE

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Panama
Timeline

I do.And I hate to say this but stay away from those "aprovechadas de mierda." You deserve much better !

May 7,2007-USCIS received I-129f
July 24,2007-NOA1 was received
April 21,2008-K-1 visa denied.
June 3,2008-waiver filed at US Consalate in Panama
The interview went well,they told him it will take another 6 months for them to adjudicate the waiver
March 3,2009-US Consulate claims they have no record of our December visit,nor Manuel's interview
March 27,2009-Manuel returned to the consulate for another interrogation(because they forgot about December's interview),and they were really rude !
April 3,2009-US Counsalate asks for more court documents that no longer exist !
June 1,2009-Manuel and I go back to the US consalate AGAIN to give them a letter from the court in Colon along with documents I already gave them last year.I was surprised to see they had two thick files for his case !

June 15,2010-They called Manuel in to take his fingerprints again,still no decision on his case!
June 22,2010-WAIVER APPROVED at 5:00pm
July 19,2010-VISA IN MANUELITO'S HAND at 3:15pm!
July 25,2010-Manuelito arrives at 9:35pm at Logan Intn'l Airport,Boston,MA
August 5,2010-FINALLY MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!
August 23,2010-Filed for AOS at the International Institute of RI $1400!
December 23,2010-Work authorization received.
January 12,2011-RFE

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
You know what Ken? This thread has the potential of turning into a Colombia bash-fest and that is not cool.

Onelis dumped your sorry azz - get over yourself; get a lovely American woman to marry you and gtfo.

Classy.

Ken - Colombia's too far, I hear Mexican chicks are on sale this week.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
You know what Ken? This thread has the potential of turning into a Colombia bash-fest and that is not cool.

Onelis dumped your sorry azz - get over yourself; get a lovely American woman to marry you and gtfo.

Classy.

My visits to Colombia were wonderful, ate in good restaurants, met all my wonderful in-laws, no problems, had great tours of Bogota and the salt mines, looking forward to going back. Found the many family ran shops to be unique compared to our plastic world here. It there are bad people, didn't run into any, only problems coming back was with the DHS wanting to check my underwear, whether I was wearing it or not. Many Europeans have settled in Colombia, my wife is the granddaughter of some of them.

Would anyone care to make a tour with me on the north side of Milwaukee or the south side of Chicago?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Classy.

is that fukcin right

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Ever since coming down with whatever Tropical disease I now have, mom says, "Kenny, you need to stay away from DOWN THERE!"

I told her about the Hotel's restaurant getting held up by a junkie the first night I arrived in Barranquilla.

I came back so sick, the paramedics and my co-workers weren't sure if I was close to dying 3 days ago.

My VisaJourney failed to materialize - mom had her heart set on getting to know the little 5 yr old who would become my new son.

I got harassed/interrogated/3Xsearched by ICE and the Colombian authorities due to all of my travels there within a span of only 8 months.

My ex-fiance's house was home-invaded WHILE I WAS THERE--during broad daylight. The culprit was almost hacked in half by the ex-fiance's mother.

Crazy times, living on the edge has sent me to the hospital, close to dying, and mom isn't too happy... :devil:

You know I like you Ken, but you make your whole experience sound like you just came back from being kidnapped by the FARC. Seriously dude, I can't even imagine what stories you've actually told people in person, so I'm not surprised to hear your mom is all freaked out about this. And you know, they may be true but it all depends on where you go. I'm sure if I go to East LA in the middle of the night every day, things will happen to me. Or if I hook up with every guy who says he's in love with me during a vacation rendezvous, I'm sure I'll pay some kind of price for that as well. That's just an example.

I'm actually from there and I have never, ever, ever, ever been hit by whatever tropical disease you got down there, unless "down there" means some strange woman's privates. I've never heard or been harrassed by anybody except my mom had a bad experience at Houston's airport coming back from Colombia. And my house or anyone's house I know has NEVER, EVER been invaded, except from all kinds of family members who want to spend every minute on the hour with us, but that's only because they're happy to see us.

So please bring it down a notch because this whole thing is just sending out the wrong message. Either that, or I suggest you start changing your location every time you decide to travel to Colombia.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics