JanaknJanet

Headed to see Phantom of the Opera...

25 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

WHOOT.... sooo excited...

was planning on going to see Phantom with my daughter... augh.. then I got rear ended.. augh.. decided.. better lay off on expenses for a bit.. (other than our Seattle trip) ..

BUT.. then.. I remembered.. alot of times on the day of the show.. they release some tickets for up to 50% off the show.

I went down to Joe's.. asked if any discounted tickets were released... .. she first said oh .. what is available would be .. augh.. $156 for two.. no way.. I asked about the discounted.. that is released that day.. hmm she said.. do they? I said. yes.. .. she clicked somewhere else on the pc.. and. whoo hoo.. Orchestra section.. row F.. that is ... like the 7th row up... from front..

Even tho the seats will be on the end on side.. .. still.. .. got two tickets.. for $56.. nice..

We will be going at 6pm tonight.. .. totally excited.. my daughter is sooo excited too.. its not only 330pm and she is in the bathroom trying to get ready hahahah.. she has been looking forward to seeing this show all year.. and was willing to give it up for me... for My birthday . so we can go do the Seattle get together... .. awwwwwww.. so selfless. ..

I sooo love my daughter.. .. I couldnt let the Phantom come to Portland and NOT let her see it..

soo happy we were able to hook up with discounted seats.. niceeeee..

has anyone seen it yet... I heard it is .. fantastic..

Love isn't love unless it is expressed;

caring isn't caring unless the other person knows;

sharing isn't sharing unless the other person is included

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I have seen it, it was ok, you won't be dissapointed, but its not my favorite Broadway show!! It is better than Momma Mia,lol One of my favorites is Rent, Avenue Q (awesome), but my all time favorite is Thoroughly Modern Millie. Enjoy the show

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Enjoy Jan!

I loved Phantom, but my all-time fave will always be Les Miserables.

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline
:thumbs: :thumbs: Another great one!!!

I miss seeing love shows.. Not my hubby's cup of tea :( He'd rather watch things getting smashed and blown up :blink: :blink:

Enjoy Jan!

Because he's a man? :)

I can't complain. Though my hubby likes that stuff too, he took me to see Wicked in Stuttgart at Christmas. Now if I can only see it in English....

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Filed: Timeline

Lucky girl!!!! Every time I twist his arm and get him to go to the movies, we end up watching something that is violent and stinky of manly'ness :(:angry:

I only get him to watch the girly stuff with me when I trick him :whistle:

:thumbs: :thumbs: Another great one!!!

I miss seeing love shows.. Not my hubby's cup of tea :( He'd rather watch things getting smashed and blown up :blink: :blink:

Enjoy Jan!

Because he's a man? :)

I can't complain. Though my hubby likes that stuff too, he took me to see Wicked in Stuttgart at Christmas. Now if I can only see it in English....

Edited by Ash * Habibati

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Have fun. Wow so much excitement for you in less than 2 weeks time!!

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

my hubby doesn't mind watching girly stuff as long as its funny...

have fun at the show.. I love going to shows... the only shows I have been to are the local college productions in the town I am from in Canada.. but I loved them none the less...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm a guy and enjoyed the plays,lol Watching them on stage is a lot different than watching them on video/tv

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

They have the Productions.. a tour that is Broadway across America..

I am lucky to live in one of the cities on the tour..

Phantom goes from here to Seattle. hint hint. to the ladies there.. always check into daily discounted tickets..

Last year I was able to see Chicago & Mama Mia. Got discount tic's for Chicago..and paid full price for front row seats for Mama Mia.. disapointed on Mama Mia.. since they had the promo seats. that night for some "special" young adults.. that stood up most the whole show screaming or applauding at inappropriate times. I understand it is good to let the special groups. get to see the show.. but.. . when I pay upwards $100 a ticket I dont want to be hating every moment..

Since then.. I have simply opted to wait for the day show specials..

I dont think any seat tonight will be that bad.. will come on and tell how it went.. I'; be leaving in about 30 minutes..

Love isn't love unless it is expressed;

caring isn't caring unless the other person knows;

sharing isn't sharing unless the other person is included

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
They have the Productions.. a tour that is Broadway across America..

I am lucky to live in one of the cities on the tour..

Phantom goes from here to Seattle. hint hint. to the ladies there.. always check into daily discounted tickets..

Last year I was able to see Chicago & Mama Mia. Got discount tic's for Chicago..and paid full price for front row seats for Mama Mia.. disapointed on Mama Mia.. since they had the promo seats. that night for some "special" young adults.. that stood up most the whole show screaming or applauding at inappropriate times. I understand it is good to let the special groups. get to see the show.. but.. . when I pay upwards $100 a ticket I dont want to be hating every moment..

Since then.. I have simply opted to wait for the day show specials..

I dont think any seat tonight will be that bad.. will come on and tell how it went.. I'; be leaving in about 30 minutes..

You can look on Troika's website also:

http://www.troika.com/showitin.html

http://www.troika.com/index.html

They are a Production Company that does alot of the Broadway shows. Cats is getting ready to go out again. I am on my way to Idaho Falls, ID with one of the 4 trailers for it. Their itinerary isn't up to date on the site, but it will be a full blown national tour. They've been touring for 19 or 20 years! I don't see Portland on the itinerary that I have, but they will be in Seattle the 12th through the 17th of May. There's nothing scheduled the next week with the week after being San Jose, CA. I would imagine Portland would fall into that week. They're probably looking for the venue.

I was supposed to tour with Chicago last year but got put on Blast! instead.

Edited by WideAwakeInTheUSA

Timeline
I'm a guy and enjoyed the plays,lol Watching them on stage is a lot different than watching them on video/tv

yeah watching a play is such an awesome experience.. you can get very involved in it more so then watching something on a screen...

I remember a friend and I went to see Romeo and Juliet at the local college.. we were sitting next to this railing thing when all of a sudden Romeo comes bounding over and jumps on the railing... and is saying his lines.. it was so cool...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

they just reopened a theater in our town here.. we haven't gone yet but I really want to go.. all tickets are $30 except the box seats.. they say wherever you sit in the theater has a good view of the stage...

they had Seusical the musical there a few weeks ago and earlier this year they had The Odd Couple... plus a bunch of other shows

I am hoping that next year we can go to a show there...

mvSuprise-hug.gif