Karri

September 08 K1 fillers

828 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I got it!!!!! I got it!!!!!! I got it!!!!! :D:D:D Our NOA2 came by SNAIL MAIL today dated 12/16/08!!! Our online status still says the case is pending from Sept. 2, 2008. What?!? I was so depressed last night when it was time for CSC to close and I still hadn't gotten anything. I about fainted when it showed up in the mail today!! I think that actually makes me the very first September filer to be approved...even though I got the notice late. Woohoo!!! I'm so excited!!! :dance: Good luck everyone!

Congrats Amy (again) - but I think I am not mistaken in saying congrats this time. Merry Christmas to you!!!!!!!!!

3 days next week, hopefully they will do something for the rest of us. I am a little mad about the whole deal. I requested the expedite on 11/12, but they still wont even answer the expedite request and now Sept people are getting approved. So I dont know what happened to my file, but they dont seem to be doing anything with it.

Same here CHuck...I got my NOA1 date for September 3rd.......and thats what the mailed date says is "September 3rd".....my last touch date was September 4th...I'm kinda worried about whats going on with mine. Then again I hope the G-325A for my Fiancee son isnt the reason

I am screwed! I know I didnt do a G325A for her daughter. I didnt know I needed it. Now I need to get it signed by her (in the Philippines), and get it here. Fortunately, I am going there this week, but I wont be back until the 4th, so even if they did something with my file, I will just get an RFE and have to wait until after the new year.

I wonder if they will take the G-325A by Email. I have a Tablet PC and she can sign on my computer. I could email it if I had an email address. Even fax it after signing.

Anyway, good luck to all. We have a few days before Christmas to hope for the best.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Our timeline:

9/3/08: Submitted I-129

9/5/08: CSC received

9/8/08: NOA1 date

11/12/08: Requested expedite (promised response by 11/17/08)

11/19/08: Received status info by calling USCIS - Additional info sent

12/4/08: Call from CSC & "Touch"

12/4/08 to 12/22/08: Too many calls & faxes to mention, NO RESPONSE!

12/22/08: NOA2 Approval!

12/30/08: NVC forwarded petition to Embassy in Tokyo

12/31/08: Letter from NVC stating they forwarded petition

1/4/09: Received Letter from NVC

1/7/09: Packet Issued from Tokyo Embassy

4/18/09: Tokyo still unable to grant interview, moved to Philippines.

6/22/09: Our daughter was born (more embassy paperwork)

6/30/09: Reqeusted transfer of case to Manila

8/26/09: Visited embassy in Manila AGAIN, personally requested transfer of case (no record in their system)

11/4/09: Case Transferred from Tokyo to Manila - no notice sent

12/5/09: Notification that Manila received the case.

12/30/09: Interview packet received from Manila

1/25/10: Medical check in Manila (took 4 days)

2/1/10: Interview - requested additional docs,

2/2/10: Additional docs submitted, Embassy kept passports - expect visa soon.

4/5/10: Received Visa FINALLY!

4/12/10: Entry to USA

8950.gif

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
I got it!!!!! I got it!!!!!! I got it!!!!! :D:D:D Our NOA2 came by SNAIL MAIL today dated 12/16/08!!! Our online status still says the case is pending from Sept. 2, 2008. What?!? I was so depressed last night when it was time for CSC to close and I still hadn't gotten anything. I about fainted when it showed up in the mail today!! I think that actually makes me the very first September filer to be approved...even though I got the notice late. Woohoo!!! I'm so excited!!! :dance: Good luck everyone!

Congrats Amy (again) - but I think I am not mistaken in saying congrats this time. Merry Christmas to you!!!!!!!!!

3 days next week, hopefully they will do something for the rest of us. I am a little mad about the whole deal. I requested the expedite on 11/12, but they still wont even answer the expedite request and now Sept people are getting approved. So I dont know what happened to my file, but they dont seem to be doing anything with it.

Same here CHuck...I got my NOA1 date for September 3rd.......and thats what the mailed date says is "September 3rd".....my last touch date was September 4th...I'm kinda worried about whats going on with mine. Then again I hope the G-325A for my Fiancee son isnt the reason

I am screwed! I know I didnt do a G325A for her daughter. I didnt know I needed it. Now I need to get it signed by her (in the Philippines), and get it here. Fortunately, I am going there this week, but I wont be back until the 4th, so even if they did something with my file, I will just get an RFE and have to wait until after the new year.

I wonder if they will take the G-325A by Email. I have a Tablet PC and she can sign on my computer. I could email it if I had an email address. Even fax it after signing.

Anyway, good luck to all. We have a few days before Christmas to hope for the best.

aljhel, you love this.

I called the National Call Center (again) today and was able to get their "high level support" guy, which turned out to be no help at all. But before I let him off the phone, I asked about the g325a for my fiance's daughter. I was going to see if I could send it in now or need to wait or if it was required.

He couldnt tell me if it was required or not. He said from looking at everything he didnt see a requirement for it, but if I wanted to send it in to be on the safe side I could. But since it needs to be signed, he said I could send it in without signature and they could have it signed when the visa would be issued. (assuming they ever process my case).

He said it looks like I was approved for expedite becuase they havent rejected the request and it has been 6 weeks since my request. So I asked if it is approved for expedite, why is it not being touched - he said "some cases just take longer than others" What does that mean? 20 minutes instead of 15? They are doing nothing with my expedite request and not even processing it anyway. Just makes me sick!

Our timeline:

8/26/09: Visited embassy in Manila AGAIN, personally requested transfer of case (no record in their system)

8950.gif

Timeline

GOOD NEWS CHUCK! At least I got a touch 12/22/2008! Finally got something!. Hopefully it doesn't become an issue and get an NOA2 than an RFE. The G-325A For her son is On the way if it isn't already there.

Timeline

aljhel, you love this.

I called the National Call Center (again) today and was able to get their "high level support" guy, which turned out to be no help at all. But before I let him off the phone, I asked about the g325a for my fiance's daughter. I was going to see if I could send it in now or need to wait or if it was required.

He couldnt tell me if it was required or not. He said from looking at everything he didnt see a requirement for it, but if I wanted to send it in to be on the safe side I could. But since it needs to be signed, he said I could send it in without signature and they could have it signed when the visa would be issued. (assuming they ever process my case).

He said it looks like I was approved for expedite becuase they havent rejected the request and it has been 6 weeks since my request. So I asked if it is approved for expedite, why is it not being touched - he said "some cases just take longer than others" What does that mean? 20 minutes instead of 15? They are doing nothing with my expedite request and not even processing it anyway. Just makes me sick!

Doesn't make any sense to me. You figured an epxedited request would give a red flag to take a look at your case and make a sound decision at that time. American Beauracracy at it's best!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi guys, I am so glad that other September filers are also getting approved!!! Congratulations!!! CSC is granting Christmas wishes! WOOHOO! Jeff :dance:

K1 Timeline

December 2007 : met online

May 28 2008 : first trip to China ( Beijing and Dalian )

June 12 2008 : returned to U.S.A.

June 26 2008 : asked Qingyun to marry me, she said yes

August 30 2008 : mailed I-129F petition to CSC

September 2 2008 : I-129F petition received at 5:35AM signed by V. Semegi

September 2 2008 : I-797 NOA 1

September 8 2008 : I-797 NOA 1 received hard copy in the mail

December 16 2008 : touched

December 17 2008 : Received email "Approval notice sent"

December 22 2008 : Received NOA2 hardcopy

December 30 2008 : Letter sent from NVC "has recently received an approved I-129F petition"

March 17 2009 : Received P3 packet from Guangzhou

March 27 2009 : Sent P3 packet back to Guangzhou

April 25 2009 : Received P4 packet from Guangzhou

May 14 2009 : 2nd trip to Dalian China

May 17 2009 : All three of us flew to Guangzhou

May 21 2009 : Interview in Guangzhou "white slip"

Timeline

aljhel, Happy to hear about your touch. It is probably a really good sign, but I have even better news

I GOT APPROVAL NOTICE EMAIL TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally!!!!!!!!!!!! So, I never sent in the G325A for her daughter and it didnt hold it up. Maybe you will be ok. Good luck!!!

Funny thing is, I was having such a bad night too, then I checked my email again just before I was going to sleep and there it was - I was just expecting more reply notices from VJ. It has been sitting there for a few hours!

AMY, Looks like you dont need to open that can up after all, but thanks for your support, it meant a lot.

Our timeline:

8950.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
aljhel, Happy to hear about your touch. It is probably a really good sign, but I have even better news

I GOT APPROVAL NOTICE EMAIL TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally!!!!!!!!!!!! So, I never sent in the G325A for her daughter and it didnt hold it up. Maybe you will be ok. Good luck!!!

Funny thing is, I was having such a bad night too, then I checked my email again just before I was going to sleep and there it was - I was just expecting more reply notices from VJ. It has been sitting there for a few hours!

AMY, Looks like you dont need to open that can up after all, but thanks for your support, it meant a lot.

:dance::dance::dance: Celebrate good times, come on :whistle: !! You don't know how HAPPY I am to hear that, Chuck!! Wow!!!!!!!! Great news just in time for Christmas! :D Have a wonderful holiday!

I-129F:

Feb. 12, 2008-I met Aldo while vacationing on the Riviera Maya in Mexico

Aug. 29, 2008-K1 application filed by our attorney

Sept. 2, 2008-NOA1

Dec. 16, 2008-NOA2

Mar. 4, 2009-Interview at Juarez Embassy-visa issued

Apr. 13, 2009-POE JFK Airport, NYC (Temporary 90-day work stamp received)

April 18, 2009-Wedding!!!

AOS:

May 26, 2009-Filed for AOS w/ EAD & AP

June 2, 2009-NOA

June 26, 2009-Transferred to CSC

July 10, 2009-Biometrics taken

July 15, 2009-AP Received (approved July 9)

July 20, 2009-EAD Card received (approved July 8)

Aug. 10, 2009-Green Card Received!

Timeline

THATS OUTSTANDING!!! I guess it's not much of a hold up either eh? Everywhere I looked it didn't say it was required, but I guess not?

Overall I wish you too the best of LUCK! I'm sure she will love Michigan Christmas! It's a real Christmas once you have snow!

Congrats Chuck & Grace! That's another good news for September filers.

Aljhel, it seems you will get your NOA2 soon too.

Congratulations to everyone who is receiving their NOA2s! It's so nice to see they're processing so many before Christmas! And good luck to the rest of us :) Being a 9/16 NOA1 myself, I feel like I have a while longer to wait!

By the way...on the USCIS site it shows that they have the 25th and 26th off...I know it's great to have a 4-day weekend but they even have to work on Christmas Eve! Props to them...

Timeline

Actually , my touch was BAD NEWS. I got an RFE and I don't know what the hello it is :(. Real bad news for the holiday. How long does an RFE take for them to review it? It said there is a suspense for it. On top of that, what if I get a short notice deployment and not have time to send an expedited request in??? SHAFTED! IM REALLY FRUSTRATED AND DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY NEED! I SENT EVERYTHING IN ACCORDING TO THE CHECKLIST I GOT FROM A LAW FIRM!

THATS OUTSTANDING!!! I guess it's not much of a hold up either eh? Everywhere I looked it didn't say it was required, but I guess not?

Overall I wish you too the best of LUCK! I'm sure she will love Michigan Christmas! It's a real Christmas once you have snow!

You bascically provide everything that is instructed from your RFE.

PM me for any AP or AR relating to the NBI

USEM NBI Requirements:

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3217.html

Timeline
They process my case A SOON as it comes in??? How long does it take if anyone knows?

You bascically provide everything that is instructed from your RFE.

Depending on the RFE item, they will probably take a fax and someone will be holding your file. Fax and expedite mail it to the person asking and they should finish quickly. Dont worry too much, and RFE just means they are looking at your file and it could go really quick from here.

Thanks for all the support guys. This has been a small group for the past months, but I am glad to see more Sept filers coming out of the woodwork now that things are moving. I hope you are all approved soon.

Our timeline:

8950.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.