happyinlove012408

Cases completed at NVC

331 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Big congrats to all those who have case completes and interviews scheduled. I tried to call Monday to ask about the interviews and the lady I talked to said, "It shows your case was completed today"?!? I didn't tell her, but should have that I had been told by three reps before her that my case had been completed on 11/20. I think I will call again tomorrow. I wonder why they say they only schedule the 2nd week of every month if there are people getting scheduled? Hmm... oh well... CONGRATS AGAIN!!! :thumbs:

zachsmile2ym1.jpg

Married 3/15/07

USCIS:

NOA1: 5/23/2008

NOA2: 9/12/2008

NVC:

They received: 9/24/2008

Case Complete: 12/1/2008

Interview: 03/24/2009

Received approved visa (after RFE in interview): 04/21/2009

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Big congrats to all those who have case completes and interviews scheduled. I tried to call Monday to ask about the interviews and the lady I talked to said, "It shows your case was completed today"?!? I didn't tell her, but should have that I had been told by three reps before her that my case had been completed on 11/20. I think I will call again tomorrow. I wonder why they say they only schedule the 2nd week of every month if there are people getting scheduled? Hmm... oh well... CONGRATS AGAIN!!! :thumbs:

I called again this morning to see if my interview had been scheduled too and... :crying: Even though they received the last piece of mail from us on Nov 15, they are saying they received a duplicate police certificate after Nov 20, my initial completion date... so now my completion date at the NVC was moved out to Dec 1. I am really sad. I will call back next week and see if they have scheduled it, but man I just kinda wish this didn't happen and I had my interview date too. :unsure: OH well, all things happen for a reason ... right?

zachsmile2ym1.jpg

Married 3/15/07

USCIS:

NVC:

Timeline
yes shiri it does happen for a reason. your date is comeing!!!

:) Thank you! and wow... I just realized yours is in 4 days!!! :dance:

Edited by shiri

zachsmile2ym1.jpg

Married 3/15/07

USCIS:

NVC:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
yes shiri it does happen for a reason. your date is comeing!!!

:) Thank you! and wow... I just realized yours is in 4 days!!! :dance:

:star: actually it's tuesday night for me but it's the 10th for him.. the time difference makes it 1 am for me on the 10th lol

i am trying to keep myself busy.. i can't believe it's almost here :wacko:

Timeline
:star: actually it's tuesday night for me but it's the 10th for him.. the time difference makes it 1 am for me on the 10th lol

No Kidding, but that is SOO exciting! I am so happy for you. I can't wait to hear how it all goes. :thumbs: It is almost over! :blink: I wish you the best! B)

zachsmile2ym1.jpg

Married 3/15/07

USCIS:

NVC:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

No Kidding, but that is SOO exciting! I am so happy for you. I can't wait to hear how it all goes. :thumbs: It is almost over! :blink: I wish you the best! B)

what am i going to do after that????? just pace some more waiting for AP??? :wacko: I will be happy to get this over with and so we can move on with our lives together.... planning a trip to see him next month one way or another

what am i going to do after that????? just pace some more waiting for AP??? :wacko: I will be happy to get this over with and so we can move on with our lives together.... planning a trip to see him next month one way or another

My casw was completed on November 6,2008. It was forwarded to the embassy on December 2, 2008.

I still don't know the interview date???

Does anyone know how (as far as I know we will receive the letter) or when we expect the letter?

:innocent:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Our case was completed about 10 days ago, and we've heard nothing regarding an interview date. I called the NVC automated phone service and it still just says "your case was completed on...".

I'm wondering how long it took others to learn of the interview date, as well as how it was learned. After 'case complete', is the automated phone service done with you? Should I stop calling and just wait for an email or something in the mail?

Go listen to some free beats:

http://beatbasement.com/bb.htm

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Our case was completed about 10 days ago, and we've heard nothing regarding an interview date. I called the NVC automated phone service and it still just says "your case was completed on...".

I'm wondering how long it took others to learn of the interview date, as well as how it was learned. After 'case complete', is the automated phone service done with you? Should I stop calling and just wait for an email or something in the mail?

I wonder the same thing. I have been calling every other day. From what I read they send out letters to the petitioner, beneficiary, and the lawyer (if you have one.) I read they assign the interview dates second week of every month, which is now. I guess I'll keep trying.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

You need to call to know when the case will be forwarded to the embassy. Once it is completed, it will stay at NVC for some weeks, then forwarded to the consulate so after it is sent then you will receive letter very soon.

My husband got letter yesterday after one week when the case was forwarded to the cosulate

Good luck to all of us

You can add us.

Sam and Metodi Case Complete (after 3 weeks wasted to BOGUS RFE...)

:) I was told to call Monday to find my interview date. Please add us.

Met online May 2006

Sam arrives in Sofia: December 08, 2007 (first kiss)

Married: December 21, 2007

Sam returns to US to continue grad school: January 08, 2008

USCIS HELL-JOURNEY

Sent off I-130 February 04, 2008, arrived and signed for February 5, 2008

NOA1 2/20/2008

Sam flys to Bulgaria again, this time to spend 2 months with Metodi 5/01/08 - 6/28/08

Case trasferred to CSC for processing 8/26/08

CASE APPROVED at CSC!!! 9/16/2008

NVC SLIGHTLY LESS HELLISH JOURNEY (BUT ONLY SLIGHTLY)

Paid I-864 fee online, Paid evil IV fee thingie

Metodi sends DSwhatever email making Sam AGENT007

ALL the DS230 and I-864 Docs are in hand, in order, and were mailed 11/5/2008!

I-864 and DS-230 packets delivered: 10:45 AM 11/06/08. Signed for by R AUSTIN.

RFE received in mail for Military Records (that cannot leave the country of Bulgaria!) 11/20/08

NVC finally figures out that their RFE was a mistake and CASE COMPLETE AT NVC 12/08/08

EMBASSY

Sam flew to Bulgaria for Metodi's interview. 01/23/09

Metodi Approved at Embassy in Sofia, Bulgaria 01/26/09

Metodi Received VISA and other documents 01/28/09

Metodi lands in USA, POE: Charlotte, NC 01/31/09

Metodi receives Green Card 02/23/09

Removing Conditions

Sent I-175 Nov 3, 2010

Package delivered Nov 04, 2010 SAINT ALBANS, VT to INS . Signed for by D RENAUD.

Nov 10, 2010 - USCIS cashed our check finally: AUTOMATED CHECK VSC FIELD OFFICE PAYMENT 1102 $545.00

NOA Received Nov 12 - Receipt Date on NOA - 11/05/10

Biometrics - 12/08/10 Charleston, WV Field Office

10yr Permanent Resident Card Issued - 3/18/11

Timeline

I saw your update on the timelines! Congrats! This part of this journey is complete! :thumbs:

zachsmile2ym1.jpg

Married 3/15/07

USCIS:

NVC:

Timeline
yes and the neat thing..... no AP!!!!

That is awesome! I have been calling in daily to see if we got our appointment. Last night the lady said, "Nope, not yet, but call back before the 15th." I love it when they wish us good luck. It makes you feel like they understand a little bit more. Ya know?

Edited by shiri

zachsmile2ym1.jpg

Married 3/15/07

USCIS:

NVC:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.