w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

Sarah Palin opposes abortion even in cases of rape or incest

42 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Well, put it this way: they used to accuse Clinton of having being governor of a "small" state. Arkansas has 6x the population of Alaska, which ranks, which ranks #48 by population.

So, THAT's what I mean.

So that means even a govenor of a small state can do a reasonable job as president... good to know....

YMMV

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Panama
Timeline
Selection of anti-choice Palin shows just how extreme McCain presidency will be

Nancy Keenan, president of NARAL Pro-Choice America, said that Sen. John McCain’s selection today of Alaska Governor Sarah Palin as his vice presidential running mate is further evidence that a McCain presidency will be just another four years of the same old Bush-style anti-choice policies. Just like McCain, Palin opposes a woman’s right to choose. Palin has also stated her opposition to abortion even in cases of rape or incest.

Palin, a member of the anti-choice group Feminists for Life, said during her campaign for governor that she is opposed to abortion, even in cases of rape or incest. [Juneau Empire, "Abortion Draws Clear Divide in State Races," accessed 8/29/08 and Anchorage Daily News, "Governor’s Race: Top contenders meet one last time to debate," 11/03/06.]

NARAL Pro-Choice America, which tracks all choice-related votes in Congress and ranks all 50 states on the status of women’s reproductive rights, classifies Sarah Palin as anti-choice.

http://www.naral.org/elections/election-pr...2008_palin.html

That's so typical.I'm glad I'm not voting for Grandpa Alzheimer's.It's bad enough we already had a senile president in the 80's.

May 7,2007-USCIS received I-129f
July 24,2007-NOA1 was received
April 21,2008-K-1 visa denied.
June 3,2008-waiver filed at US Consalate in Panama
The interview went well,they told him it will take another 6 months for them to adjudicate the waiver
March 3,2009-US Consulate claims they have no record of our December visit,nor Manuel's interview
March 27,2009-Manuel returned to the consulate for another interrogation(because they forgot about December's interview),and they were really rude !
April 3,2009-US Counsalate asks for more court documents that no longer exist !
June 1,2009-Manuel and I go back to the US consalate AGAIN to give them a letter from the court in Colon along with documents I already gave them last year.I was surprised to see they had two thick files for his case !

June 15,2010-They called Manuel in to take his fingerprints again,still no decision on his case!
June 22,2010-WAIVER APPROVED at 5:00pm
July 19,2010-VISA IN MANUELITO'S HAND at 3:15pm!
July 25,2010-Manuelito arrives at 9:35pm at Logan Intn'l Airport,Boston,MA
August 5,2010-FINALLY MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!
August 23,2010-Filed for AOS at the International Institute of RI $1400!
December 23,2010-Work authorization received.
January 12,2011-RFE

The last I heard was how Peejay was upset about the VP nomination, and he is voting for Obama instead.

Ken y Leidys’ Timeline

May 1, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-1)

Aug 4, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-2)

Oct 7, 2009 - Bogota Interview

Oct 16, 2009 - Diomesa package arrived in downtown Barranquilla

Oct 20, 2009 - Leidys took bus to Diomesa Office to pick up Visa/Passport package because ("We don't deliver to your Barrio").

Nov 22, 2009 - POE (30 min.) Los Angeles, Intl.

Dec 27, 2009 - Wedding

March 8, 2010 - AOS NOA

April 8, 2010 - AOS BIO (in Riverside, CA)

May 11, 2010 - AOS AP

May 24, 2010 - AOS Interview

May 27, 2010 - AOS EAD May 27, 2010

Jun 18, 2010 - Green Card Received!

Apr 07, 2012 - ROC Filed

Oct 11, 2012 - ROC RFE

Jan 08, 2013 - CONDITIONS REMOVED!!!

VicFrndz.jpgBAQ+Taxi.jpgclubberz.jpgCumbiaz.jpg

Timeline
The last I heard was how Peejay was upset about the VP nomination, and he is voting for Obama instead.

:wow:

The interview went well,they told him it will take another 6 months for them to adjudicate the waiver
March 3,2009-US Consulate claims they have no record of our December visit,nor Manuel's interview
March 27,2009-Manuel returned to the consulate for another interrogation(because they forgot about December's interview),and they were really rude !
June 1,2009-Manuel and I go back to the US consalate AGAIN to give them a letter from the court in Colon along with documents I already gave them last year.I was surprised to see they had two thick files for his case !

June 15,2010-They called Manuel in to take his fingerprints again,still no decision on his case!
January 12,2011-RFE

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I have to wonder at a 'feminist' group that supports the idea that no woman should ever have the option of aborting a foetus.

However, it's back to the old argument, why waste all this energy and time on trying to overturn wade and roe when it could be used much more productively in increasing education to reduce unwanted pregnancies in the first place? Cart and horse back to front big time.

I also wonder if people like this expect human nature to change because they make abortion illegal? Making it illegal will not prevent people from ###### their lives up - education just might though.

I've read some commentaries by actual feminists who have nothing but disdain for women who lay claim to the feminist and at the same time support mechanisms that facilitate their repression and shoe-horn them into traditional gender roles.

Timeline

:wow:

I'm pretty sure Ken was being funny.

Okay,I got it now.

January 12,2011-RFE

Filed: Timeline
I have to wonder at a 'feminist' group that supports the idea that no woman should ever have the option of aborting a foetus.

However, it's back to the old argument, why waste all this energy and time on trying to overturn wade and roe when it could be used much more productively in increasing education to reduce unwanted pregnancies in the first place? Cart and horse back to front big time.

I also wonder if people like this expect human nature to change because they make abortion illegal? Making it illegal will not prevent people from ###### their lives up - education just might though.

I've read some commentaries by actual feminists who have nothing but disdain for women who lay claim to the feminist and at the same time support mechanisms that facilitate their repression and shoe-horn them into traditional gender roles.

Here! Here! :thumbs:

Those are not feminists; and chances are they have no effing clue what feminist theory and Gender Studies literature even looks like.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

You probably couldn't be more hypocritical than being a so-called feminist (having control of your own body and choices, as an example) while supporting politicians in favor of limiting those very things that are central to a feminist's particular cause. Then again, since I'm a guy what do I know.

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
This should end the debate about "experience" once and for all.

A few years as mayor of a town of 5,400 people followed by less than two years as gov. of a state that has a population 1/6 the size of Chicago.

... and a heart attack away from the presidency.

Holy hand grenade, Batman!

Why would it? It doesn't change the fact that Obama has no experience at all. Thats the reason he chose Biden. Nice try but that argument doesn't fly.

Uh, because Obama at least has 7 years of experience as a legislator of a major state, not to mention being Senator of a real state.

There is no comparison, there.

Nice try though.

A real state? As opposed to Maryland? Perhaps we could become a "real state" if east coast politicians would quit trying to run our state for us. Yeesh...

Timeline

7/11/2007 - I-130 NO1A Hard Copy

8/13/2007 - Son Drayson born in Sudbury, Ontario.

9/6/2007 - I-129F NO1

10/15/2007 - Trip to Toronto for Dray's Consular Birth Abroad, SS application, and US passport

3/18/2008 - NOA2 for both I-129 and I-130!! No touches or email notifications at all!

4/2/2008 - estimated that NVC received

4/9/2008 - estimated that K-3 was sent from NVC to USEMontreal

4/16/2008 - Received hardcopy from NVC

4/16/2008 - Packet 3 Received

4/24/2008 - Packet 3 Sent to USEMontreal

7/14/2008 Interview in Montreal!!!!

7/17/2008 Visa received

7/18/2008 POE Sault Ste Marie Michigan

8/21/2008 moving day...back to Anchorage, Alaska!

4/20/2009 AOS granted, 10 year Green Card arrives, Social Security # given :)