w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

Sarah Palin opposes abortion even in cases of rape or incest

42 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Selection of anti-choice Palin shows just how extreme McCain presidency will be

Nancy Keenan, president of NARAL Pro-Choice America, said that Sen. John McCain’s selection today of Alaska Governor Sarah Palin as his vice presidential running mate is further evidence that a McCain presidency will be just another four years of the same old Bush-style anti-choice policies. Just like McCain, Palin opposes a woman’s right to choose. Palin has also stated her opposition to abortion even in cases of rape or incest.

Palin, a member of the anti-choice group Feminists for Life, said during her campaign for governor that she is opposed to abortion, even in cases of rape or incest. [Juneau Empire, "Abortion Draws Clear Divide in State Races," accessed 8/29/08 and Anchorage Daily News, "Governor’s Race: Top contenders meet one last time to debate," 11/03/06.]

NARAL Pro-Choice America, which tracks all choice-related votes in Congress and ranks all 50 states on the status of women’s reproductive rights, classifies Sarah Palin as anti-choice.

http://www.naral.org/elections/election-pr...2008_palin.html

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Yeah, I'm definitely glad I'm voting for Obama.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Just like McCain, Palin opposes a woman’s right to choose. Palin has also stated her opposition to abortion even in cases of rape or incest.

What?!!!

Edited by AlHayatZween

love0038.gif

For Immigration Timeline, click here.

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Fukc her.

I'm sure some of the more perverted here wouldn't mind. All the while if this dynamic duo gets elected, it'll be yet again another I told you so while they are doing it to us.

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

I have to wonder at a 'feminist' group that supports the idea that no woman should ever have the option of aborting a foetus.

However, it's back to the old argument, why waste all this energy and time on trying to overturn wade and roe when it could be used much more productively in increasing education to reduce unwanted pregnancies in the first place? Cart and horse back to front big time.

I also wonder if people like this expect human nature to change because they make abortion illegal? Making it illegal will not prevent people from ###### their lives up - education just might though.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Timeline
I have to wonder at a 'feminist' group that supports the idea that no woman should ever have the option of aborting a foetus.

However, it's back to the old argument, why waste all this energy and time on trying to overturn wade and roe when it could be used much more productively in increasing education to reduce unwanted pregnancies in the first place? Cart and horse back to front big time.

I also wonder if people like this expect human nature to change because they make abortion illegal? Making it illegal will not prevent people from ###### their lives up - education just might though.

Because its apparently more logical to some people to spend more money and effort in doing things the hard way rather than attacking the problems head on at a fraction of the cost.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

the end result - no matter what her thoughts are on it, she won't overturn rvw. and spare me the old story about how she'll pack the supreme court too, as that does not happen without congressional approval.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

However, it does give you an insight into things she thinks are important ie trying to prevent things from happening via legislation rather than actually addressing the problem at its root. I would much rather vote for someone who wants to solve problems than someone who wants to wave a banner and look morally superiour.

Not that I can vote in this election, but by the next one...

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Timeline
the end result - no matter what her thoughts are on it, she won't overturn rvw. and spare me the old story about how she'll pack the supreme court too, as that does not happen without congressional approval.

She wouldn't be able to do it anyway Charles... she'd not be the person to appoint justices. Either way... this is about electability and views that make you electable. There appears to be a majority opinion in the nation that abortion rights remain and hence... its not an asset to the McCain campaign that it is what it is... yet no surprise either.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

She wouldn't be able to do it anyway Charles... she'd not be the person to appoint justices. Either way... this is about electability and views that make you electable. There appears to be a majority opinion in the nation that abortion rights remain and hence... its not an asset to the McCain campaign that it is what it is... yet no surprise either.

my remark was if she became president, given how some think mccain is one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

And? What has that to do with 'walking the walk'? Her circumstances are uinique as are anyone's who has to go through the process of deciding to abort a foetus or not. That has nothing to do with trying to legislate as apposed to educate in order to change behaviour but it does show me how some people think. Purely in the personal and not in the abstract.