14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Good morning!

I am a K1 visa holder and my passaport was stollen!

Now I have a new passaport, and I am already married.. however I don't have my visa number or my I-94 number to adjust my status!

What should I do????

Edited by Marimarigirl

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
Good morning!

Now I have a new passaport, and I am already married.. however I don't have my visa number or my I-94 number to adjust my status!

What should I do????

Report this to the USCIS, I think would be best and do it PRONTO.

Don't let the choices chose you, chose the choices that you want.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Dont you have a copy of your visa page?

USflag.gifr.gifi.gifc.gifh.gifo.gifphilippine_flag.gif

AOS & EAD TIMELINE:

July 21, 2008---(ORIGINAL) NOA1 for AOS & EAD

July 29, 2008---"WALK-IN" BIOMETRICS DONE (AOS & EAD-1)

Oct 14, 2008---EAD1 CARD ARRIVES! Approval date is Oct. 2, 2008

Dec 10, 2008---INTERVIEW DAY! APPROVED!!!

Dec 17, 2008---WELCOME NOTICE RECEIVED

Jan 9, 2009---CARD RECEIVED FINALLY! Approval date 12-10-08..expires on 12-10-10

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

Sept 10,2010---REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

CITIZENSHIP

Sept 10,2011---Application for citizenship

.png

Timeline

Why? and how will this solve the OP's problem?

To the OP:

You can get a copy of the I-94 for a fee but it will take a while...

YMMV

To the OP:

Maybe it won't solve the OP' problem, but perhaps it would be good to let USCIS know that a visa has been stolen to help prevent it's fradulent use by someone else? Just a thought.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Timeline

To the OP:

Maybe it won't solve the OP' problem, but perhaps it would be good to let USCIS know that a visa has been stolen to help prevent it's fradulent use by someone else? Just a thought.

A K-1 is a single use visa that has served its purpose when the OP entered the states effectively nullifying any further use of it...

FWIW, the USCIS does not issue visas and therefore could not care... The Department of State or the CBP maybe... but regardless... the visa in the OP's passport is dead anyway...

Edited by fwaguy

YMMV

Timeline
Good morning!

What should I do????

sorry to hear about this.....,report immediately so you will know what you are going to do

Strike till the IRON is HOT

K3 flow

wedding date 04/24/07

130 sent 07/27/07

noa1 09/10/07

noa2 03/13/08

129f sent 09/10/07

noa1 09/24/07

noa2 03/13/08

package rcvd by NVC 04/04/08

date rcvd by consulate 04/09/08

passed - my medical 05/15/08

APPROVED - interview date (K3 visa ) 05/28/08

VISA delivered - - - - - June 05, 2008

POE @ Detroit - - - - - - June 21, 2008

submit AOS application to Chicago Lockbox - - - May 14, 2009

Check encashed - - - - - - - - -- - - -- -- - --- --- May 22, 2009

NOA1 for AOS & EAD received- - - - - -- --------- -May 26, 2009

Letter for Biometrics received from the mail----- June 11, 2009

Appointment for Biometrics------------------------ June 26, 2009

Card Production Ordered 4 EAD------------------- June 26, 2009

EAD approval - - - - - - - - - -- - -- - - - - - - -- -- July 02, 2009

Received EAD from the mail ----------------------- July 06,2009

Received noticed for I-485 - ----------------------- July 11, 2009

Schedule for Interview & Passed ---------------- August 12, 2009

Green Card Production --------------------------- August 12, 2009

Welcome Notice Received------------------------- August 20,2009

GCard/PR received-------------------------------- August 24, 2009

A K-1 is a single use visa that has served its purpose when the OP entered the states effectively nullifying any further use of it...

FWIW, the USCIS does not issue visas and therefore could not care... The Department of State or the CBP maybe... but regardless... the visa in the OP's passport is dead anyway...

Quite true, but a lot goes on out there in the underground world. Passports and visas have been stolen, mis-used, forged, identities stolen, etc. The system isn't quite as foolproof as one might think. IMHO, it would be wise to report it to the issuing authority.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Timeline

Quite true, but a lot goes on out there in the underground world. Passports and visas have been stolen, mis-used, forged, identities stolen, etc. The system isn't quite as foolproof as one might think. IMHO, it would be wise to report it to the issuing authority.

IMHO this has already been done.... The OP indicated that they have already acquired a new passport... This of course presumes that the appropriate issuing authority was told why a replacement passport was needed...

YMMV

Go to Immigration at your local office and state you lost your I-94. They will do a "background check" and issue a new one which could take weeks though, then when you get your I-94, apply for a new passport at your local Embassy.

This is why you are suppose to make copies of Visas, I-94, passport pages in the evident you lose these types of documents....and have a backup copy for all documents you cannot afford to lose...at least you can show proof when needed....

Timeline
Go to Immigration at your local office and state you lost your I-94. They will do a "background check" and issue a new one which could take weeks though, then when you get your I-94, apply for a new passport at your local Embassy.

This is why you are suppose to make copies of Visas, I-94, passport pages in the evident you lose these types of documents....and have a backup copy for all documents you cannot afford to lose...at least you can show proof when needed....

Actually they need to file an I-102 and pay $340 fee....

no need to get a new passport they already did that..

YMMV

Absolutely. I would aslo hope that everyone makes a complete copy of the information they submit at every step of the visa/AOS process. You never know when you might need them.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Timeline

Absolutely. I would aslo hope that everyone makes a complete copy of the information they submit at every step of the visa/AOS process. You never know when you might need them.

Yep true! I did ask her that if they made a copy but OP havent replied yet...maybe they do have it..because they wont need the original I-94 on submitting AOS anyways...but copies are needed...

USflag.gifr.gifi.gifc.gifh.gifo.gifphilippine_flag.gif

AOS & EAD TIMELINE:

July 21, 2008---(ORIGINAL) NOA1 for AOS & EAD

July 29, 2008---"WALK-IN" BIOMETRICS DONE (AOS & EAD-1)

Oct 14, 2008---EAD1 CARD ARRIVES! Approval date is Oct. 2, 2008

Dec 10, 2008---INTERVIEW DAY! APPROVED!!!

Dec 17, 2008---WELCOME NOTICE RECEIVED

Jan 9, 2009---CARD RECEIVED FINALLY! Approval date 12-10-08..expires on 12-10-10

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

Sept 10,2010---REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

CITIZENSHIP

Sept 10,2011---Application for citizenship

.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.