AandLKC

Please Describe your POE Experience??

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

My husband came in through Miami and I was with him. We both went to the US citizens line and I told the POE officer that he was coming in with a CR1 visa. The guy then called another officer and we were asked for his brown envelope and he told us to follow him to a small room for processing. There was another guy there being processed so we sat down until they called him. 15 minutes later they called him, asked him a few questions to make sure they had the correct info, asked him to sigh a couple of papers, one of them acknowledging that he knew he had to remove conditions before his conditional green card expired, they took 1 fingerprint, then his picture and we were out the door. The whole thing took about 25 minutes or so.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

POE = Buffalo N. Y.

I entered through Buffalo N.Y since I was coming down from Canada where hubby and I were living while I got my Permanent residence. We drove to the POE at like 4 in the morning in our U-haul, no lines at all. The guy at the port wasn't very pleasant but he wasn't mean, I imagine he was just doing his job and at 4 in the morning it's gotta be hard to work. There was no one in line except us, the guy asked rudely who I was and what our relationship was. He told us to park our U-haul and then directed us to walk into the office. There was no one, I gave my paperwork to the officer, people in the office were incredibly nice. They offered us coffee and water and told us it'd take about a half an hour. The Officer checked I don't know what, stamped this and that. We just waited. 15 minutes later the process was done, I didn't go into a special room or anything, like I said, hubby and I were the only ones there. The officer welcomed me to United States, told me about lifting the conditions on my resident card. I asked if they were going to check our U-haul. "No, we won't check your U-haul". I asked are you going to see my Inventory list (I worked hard on that list) he said "no, I don't want to see your list", then I asked "are you sure ?" he looks at me and in a teasing tone asks me "are you hiding any drugs?" and I replied "Hell no!" and then he kinda laughed and says "ok, you guys, just get out of my sight, you're scaring the fish". And that was it. I was a US resident. Hubby kinda yelled at me afterwards for asking so many questions and asking the officer to check our U-haul, but everything went fine :-) . I wouldn't do the asking thing , I know I won't do it ever again.

Edited by amnonbabs

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Some wd agree to me and some wdnt in what I am writing........... as U are coming in CR-1/IR-1 visa it wont be any problem....it wd be smooth and easy.....just be confident and answer and do whatever they tell u to do.Otherwise these POE guys with the pistols thinkthemselves to be next to GOD. Now they try to harass people often and its a known fact.MOst of them dnt understand foreign accents of englisho and keep on questioning and harassing people ............ Try to fill up the form given to you by the air staff... I have seen them shouting on old couple , with lots of disrespect, becuase they cdnt fill them up properly. The guy i met cdnt even understand my word 8 and asked AIDS ??? hahahaha.We have report from VJers that they strip searched one man in the line and made him stand in his jokies.Anyways thats the way the are ..DUMBS !! But u wd be fine in ur type of visa ......... best of luck.

AOS
Married: June 9, 2008.
Visa expired : June 12, 2008
Filed for AOS . Sent through USPS Priority Express : March 03, 2009
Package Delieverd at USCIS: March 05, 2009
March 13, 2009 : Checks Cashed
March 13, 2009 : NOA 1 received on I-485, I-130, I-765. Dated March 11th, 09
March 17, 2009 : Biometrics Letter recieved (Dated 13th March). Interview on 1st week of April
April 2, 2009 : Biometrics done. Total time taken with wait 20 mins.
April 22, 2009 : Called USCIS. They have received fingerprints and work permit is in process.
May 7, 2009 : I-765 case online. Card Production ordered.
May 11,2009 : EAD card received.
May 12,2009 : Applied for SSN.
May 18,2009 : Received SS card.
June 08,2009 : Received Letter for Interview ( scheduled on July 14 th July )
July 14th : Great Interview. All done in 20 mins.
July 18th: Online status - Card Production ordered. Thank God !! I-130 online status : Pending
July 23rd : Welcome to USA & I-130 approval letter recieved. Online status still shows pending.
July 31st : Received conditional green card
Removing Condition
3/25/11 - Received reminder from USCIS to file for ROC
5/6/11 - Sent I-751 Packet to CSC via usps
5/9/11- Package delivered to csc.
5/11/11- Check cashed electronically by CSC
5/16/11- NOA 1 received
5/27/11 - Biometrics letter received.Scheduled on 06/06/11. Case Online
6/6/11 - Biometrics done
9/6/11 - Approved.Card Production Ordered
9/12/11- Card Received

Citizenship

10/13/15 : Sent N400

10/16/15 : NOA

11/13/15 : Fingerprints

11/17/15 : In Line for Interview

01/11/16 : Interview- Passed & Given Oath letter & Date by hand

01/14/16 : Oath Ceremony done & Naturalization Certificate in hand.Proud citizen of USA

Seattle Tacoma Airport- slow but uneventful. Immigration officers were friendly and it helps if you know some English

DCF Timeline here

POE Timeline

08/24/2008 POE Seattle

08/29/2008 SSN assigned

09/08/2008 SSN (Card) received

09/29/2008 Green Card received

I-90 Timeline (USCIS error)

11/10/2008 Send I-90 to Texas service center

12/xx/2008 NOA1

01/07/2009 Card production ordered

01/14/2009 Card mailed

01/xx/2009 Card received

I-751 Timeline

06/02/2010 Send I-751 to California service center

06/04/2010 Received at CSC

06/07/2010 NOA1

06/09/2010 Check cashed

07/27/2010 Biometrics

07/28/2010 Touch

09/02/2010 Approved

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Everyone,

This was my POE experience, as I also posted on my VJ Timeline:

"Ant entered from Canada to the USA on a B2 Visitor's Visa, married D, then applied and approved for I-485/AOS

and I-130. Green Card received.Believe us, being harassed at the USA/Canada border for 2 hours is "not a picnic in the park". They made Ant get a Visitor's Visa to visit the USA, even though Canada is exempt from Visitor's Visas. Oh well, as what originally was a two week vacation visit together in the USA ended up being an unplanned happily married lifetime together here in the USA..."

For more info about our immigration journey, you can read my complete timeline here: </a>http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=30530

Ant

Edited by AntandD

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

You'll find a whole pile of them here. :)

Thanks Krikit - I was going to do that and you saved me a job :D

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: Timeline

Philadelphia, The city of Brotherly Love ( well sometimes :lol: )

We filed CR 1 - Tunis, Tunisia to Frankfurt Germany - Frankfurt to Philly

Port of Entry Review

Port of Entry : Philadelphia

POE Date : 2008-05-18

Got EAD Stamp : No

Biometrics Taken : Yes

Harassment Level : 0

Comments : Customs at Philly were REALLY super great! Very friendly, no harassment, took the envelope from the embassy/medical, finger prints and he was on his way!! Overall less than 30 minutes! (and 15 of those spent waiting) Asked him over and over.. What are you going to do in 2 years less 90 days??? And they wanted the answer file to lift conditions lol

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.