NickD

Who Sent You Your Oath Letter?

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Does it come from your USCIS local field office where you had your interview, a district office or a service center, or is it turned over to the Department of Justice?

Does it come in a number 10 envelope? Everything we received from the USCIS to date has come in a #10 size windowed envelope, no forwarding, with a return address on it.

Since we are stuck in the Minneapolis/St. Paul field office that has a histories of oath delays, namely caused by the Department of Justice, really don't know whom to contact, did write St. Paul well over two weeks ago, have in the past with a confirmed history of no response. And wonder if delays are now being caused because the Twin Cities will be hosting the Republican National Convention next week, September 1-4, 2008 to be precise.

Has to a be a show, like the Democratic Convention, no mystery as to whom will be nominated, unless either delicates of each party has a big surprise in store, they don't have to vote the way the primaries dictated. I hope they don't bring up family values, before you can have family values, have to have a family first, and can't have they until they are here legally. Just like abortion, been preached for the last 36 years with not a damned thing done about it. First and forth amendments are always under attack as well, the first, what you watch on TV, and the forth, can you legally own a gun. The latter is being nibbled away by cities and states and what kind of gun you can own. Spent hours talking about this, but don't do anything about it, all they have to do is to drop the 1st and 4th amendments then they can dictate anything they like. In short, a week of BS. And so much for balance of power if a puppet congress picks the executives choice for a supreme court judge.

One thing we can historically look forward to is the price of gas at the pumps will drop drastically, too bad we can't legally store it, will go right back up after the election. But with the conventions going on, do not believe we can look forward to receiving that oath letter, anyone in charge will be going to a party.

Timeline

Please forget about my ranting with our political situation, would somebody please share the source of their oath letter?

Nick:

I am at work now so I am not 100% sure but I believe it came from the Local office where I had my interview. I will check when I get home.

Permanent Residence Card Timeline

09.14.04: Conditional PR granted

06.14.06: I-751 sent

07.07.06: NOA extending GC for a year

07.24.07: Biometrics Appt

09.10.07: Called 1-800 to inquire about Status

09.14.07: Conditional GC expired :(

09.24.07: Received Letter dated 09.19.07 -->Case pending Officer review

10.15.07: Another useless call to 1-800 line

11.13.07: Infopass Appt to inquire about I-751 status - Letter to Ombudsman sent.

12.08.07: Letter from Ombudsman received. Formal inquiry initiated. I should hear back from USCIS within 45 days.

01.05.08: Response from USCIS received: Required Review still in process. Contacted Congresswoman office.

Approved per Congresswoman's office response given in March 08.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Citizenship Timeline

11.05.07: N-400 Submitted

11.08.07: N-400 Application Received

11.14.07: N-400 Application Check Cashed!!

12.03.07: NOA Receipt Received - Priority Date:11/08/07

12.08.07: NOA 2 --> Fingerprint Notification Received. Scheduled date is 12.31.07

01.12.08: NOA 3 --> Interview Appt Letter. Interview date is 03.04 at 9:40AM

03.04.08: Interview done. I should hear from them soon.

04.07.08: Oath Ceremony Letter Received!!!

05.02.08: Oath Ceremony completed. I am now an American Citizen

Timeline
Nick:

I am at work now so I am not 100% sure but I believe it came from the Local office where I had my interview. I will check when I get home.

According to the Minnesota Department of Justice, the next oath ceremony is scheduled 12Nov08, if that's the case, wife won't get a chance to vote for this election. Apparently it's not the same USCIS from local field office to field office. St. Paul has a history of long oath ceremony delays. God, not this same ####### again like getting the ten year card as the last second.

Timeline
Nick:

According to the Minnesota Department of Justice, the next oath ceremony is scheduled 12Nov08, if that's the case, wife won't get a chance to vote for this election. Apparently it's not the same USCIS from local field office to field office. St. Paul has a history of long oath ceremony delays. God, not this same ####### again like getting the ten year card as the last second.

Called my senator today, had to leave a voice message, guess all these guys are in Denver listening to boring speeches. If we just lived a few miles further south, would be at the Milwaukee Field Office, but they always send us there for biometrics. This is getting frustrating again.

Sorry about your wait. I had my interview yesterday at the St. Paul Office, and go my oath letter right after the interview for 9th Sept. ceremony at the Minneapolis Convention Center. They handed in the Oath letters because mail delay may cause folks to miss the ceremony. You can find my experience in the April filers' thread. Good luck.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
Sorry about your wait. I had my interview yesterday at the St. Paul Office, and go my oath letter right after the interview for 9th Sept. ceremony at the Minneapolis Convention Center. They handed in the Oath letters because mail delay may cause folks to miss the ceremony. You can find my experience in the April filers' thread. Good luck.

I am from NV and I was told that since I am not chamnging my name I will be in the local office the same I had the interview. Not sure how your local office works but you can always call and ask.

Nick:

Called my senator today, had to leave a voice message, guess all these guys are in Denver listening to boring speeches. If we just lived a few miles further south, would be at the Milwaukee Field Office, but they always send us there for biometrics. This is getting frustrating again.

Nick:

I guess I didn't make copies of the oath ceremony letter and I never kept any of the envolopes notices were sent in so I have no way to cofirm if the letter was sent by the cleveland office or USCIS. I still think it came directly from the Cleveland office.

Permanent Residence Card Timeline

09.14.04: Conditional PR granted

06.14.06: I-751 sent

07.07.06: NOA extending GC for a year

07.24.07: Biometrics Appt

09.10.07: Called 1-800 to inquire about Status

09.14.07: Conditional GC expired :(

09.24.07: Received Letter dated 09.19.07 -->Case pending Officer review

10.15.07: Another useless call to 1-800 line

11.13.07: Infopass Appt to inquire about I-751 status - Letter to Ombudsman sent.

12.08.07: Letter from Ombudsman received. Formal inquiry initiated. I should hear back from USCIS within 45 days.

01.05.08: Response from USCIS received: Required Review still in process. Contacted Congresswoman office.

Approved per Congresswoman's office response given in March 08.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Citizenship Timeline

11.05.07: N-400 Submitted

11.08.07: N-400 Application Received

11.14.07: N-400 Application Check Cashed!!

12.03.07: NOA Receipt Received - Priority Date:11/08/07

12.08.07: NOA 2 --> Fingerprint Notification Received. Scheduled date is 12.31.07

01.12.08: NOA 3 --> Interview Appt Letter. Interview date is 03.04 at 9:40AM

03.04.08: Interview done. I should hear from them soon.

04.07.08: Oath Ceremony Letter Received!!!

05.02.08: Oath Ceremony completed. I am now an American Citizen

Filed: Timeline

Hi NickD,

I just got done with my Biometrics today at St. Albans, VT (VSC). After the lady took my fingerprints, she gave me the Quick Civic Lessons booklet with CD and told me that my local USCIS in Albany, NY will send me a letter for my interview date since the interview will be conducted over there. I ask if it is possible to have my interview in St. Albans and she said they only conduct interviews to Vermont residents. So, I think all interviews are localized and the letter comes from your local USCIS branch.

Good luck to you and your wife.

Walley

Timeline

This is valuable information for us, will enact upon it tomorrow, wife's IO was new and very inexperienced and fairly poor at the English language, thank you, won't mention any names.

Timeline

This is valuable information for us, will enact upon it tomorrow, wife's IO was new and very inexperienced and fairly poor at the English language, thank you, won't mention any names.

Got a call from my senators office, they are working hard on it, told her about the inexperience IO my wife had and the Sep 9th date, hope we hear something soon. Is it just us? The USCIS is about the most screwed up government agency I have ever dealt with.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

I had the Oath the very same day of the interview, the IO handed me the Oath Ceremony letter at the end of my Interview so I would think it is the Local Office that sends them.

Good luck!

Edited by churipu

U.S. CITIZEN SINCE MAY 8TH 2008

NATURALIZATION

28th july 2007 - N-400 mailed to VSC

(exactly on the 90th day mark...applications NOT returned although some scared me into thinking they could have!)

30th july 2007 - N-400 delivered to VSC

11th august 2007 - Delivery Confirmation receipt received

17th september 2007 - Money Order (FINALLY!) cashed

9th november 2007 - NOA! (notification period given 180 days)

21th november 2007 - Biometrics appointment letter

18th december 2007 - Biometrics appointment in Baltimore, MD completed

29th march 2008 - FINALLY received letter with interview date!

8th may 2008 H 8:40 AM - Interview in Baltimore-APPROVED!

8th may 2008 H 3:00 pm (yes same day, crazy!) Oath Ceremony in Baltimore

24th may 2008 - US Passport application mailed off

6th june 2008 - US Passport received in the mail!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Im not sure but I think you need to be a citizen plus reside in America for 6 months before they let you vote. So the only people getting their votor registration cards are the people that got their in the spring.

May 27, 2009: N-400 Window Opens

June 2, 2008: N-400 Sent

June 3, 2008: N-400 Received at Nebraska Service Center

June 13, 2008: NOA1

June 16, 2008: Biometrics letter

June 24th, 2008: Biometrics Appointment

July 7th, 2008: Called FBI, verified that biometrics check has been completed and returned to USCIS

August 26th, 2008: N-400 Interview Passed

September 18th, 2008: Swearing in, Billings Montana

Send Expedited 14-day passport paperwork???

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

We haven't got my oath letter yet so can't tell for sure, but during interview I asked the same question. The Local office where the interview was held will co-ordinate dates/time with the local district court and will notify me via mail.

I also called up the district court and they are not dealing with scheduling but just run the oath ceremonies for the local office.

N-400:

04-21 - Sent to TSC

04-24 - Payment cashed

04-28 - NOA and biometric letters sent

05-02 - NOA and Biometric letters rcvd

05-13 - biometric appointment

08-18 - Interview scheduled (Memphis)

11-21 - Oath Scheduled - Done with USCIS!

11-21 - applied for passport - awaiting....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.