luckytxn

Received approval

57 posts in this topic

Timeline
Congratulations.

While there's not much you can do to ease her fears before the interview, being there will help her a lot if you can be there.

Now is the time to start preparing her for her interview. If she speaks English well, that's would be great, if not, she should try to learn as much as possible before the interview. There are many times when the translator screws up the interview and if she knows English well enough, then she can catch it. If she can answer the questions in English, even if she has to hear the questions in Vietnamese that would help avoid confusion. Thi did that in her interview partly because the translator woulldn't wait to see if she wanted a translation. The American CO was able to understand her just fine.

Also now would be a good time to start getting any and all evidence together for the interview.

Tell her she has everyone here ready to help and wishing the two of you success!

Good Luck!

Peter and Thi

I-129F Sent : 2007-05-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-06-11

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-10-26

Touched: 2007-11-02

NVC Recieved: 2007-11-16

Consulate recieved ??????

Packet 3 sent 2007-12-11

Packet 3 received 2007-12-24

Packet 3 returned 2007-12-28

Packet 4 sent 2008-1-14

Email Reply with Interview Date 2008-1-23

Interview Date 2008-2-27

Passed Interview 2008-02-27

Visa Pick Up Date 2008-3-05

Received Visa 2008-2-29 (called to pick up earlier)

POE 2008-3-05 Los Angeles

Wedding 2008-4-26

Thanks Peter. I want to be there for the interview and will see when it actually is and stuff but I am unknowing on dates for anything. She may have to go there herself except for family and friends.

She has learned a lot of English and I am astounded in her improvement. Way different than really not that long ago. I plan on getting with her and seeing what more she needs. I am already gathering and have gathered the paperwork and tomorrow will ask my company for the letter needed. Have everything else raedy. I do need to update the evidence and that will be done soon.

I showed her the site here today and she liked. I am gonna have her register also if she wants and ask any questions she feels she needs and/or ask me and I will askk or find it. I appreciate the offer for help and am sure I and she will need it soon. Many thanks for replying and God bless and good luck.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats!

06-29-09 received GC in mail

4-18-11 mailed I-751 CSC

CIS Office : California Service Center

Date Filed : 2011-04-18

NOA Date Received : 2011-06-06

Date on NOA: 2011-04-22

Bio. Appt. : 2011-06-24

Had to make an Info Pass appointment because there was a delay in receiving the NOA for our I-751. Never found out the reason for the delay but they gave Thao a 1 year green card stamp in her passport and we got a the NOA 2 days later.

Approved: 2011-09-23

Notice sent: 2011-09-28

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Want to thanks everyone and let all know I just got the I-129f approval today. Now starts the process on the VN side. May be needing help and all so please bear with me for stupid questions in the future.

I do know how to use the search function but I am not the shiniest apple in the barrel.

Great News!! All the best. Good Luck! :)

Olugbenga & Ayomide

mybanner48b751b841e70vl7.jpg

NVC Timeline:

2008-20-08 NVC Package Received

2008-26-08 AOS Fee Paid Online

2008-29-08 AOS Posted PAID Status

2008-30-08 D3032 Sent via E-mail

2008-30-08 Auto Respone from NVC via E-mail

2008-01-09 Mailed Signed Hardcopy D3032 with tracking#

2008-04-09 NVC Received D3032(pending system input)

2008-08-09 NVC Live Operator confirmed D3032 updated in computer

2008-08-09 NVC Paid IV Fee($400.00)- Online- Status IN PROCESS. :)

2008-09-09 NVC IV FEE Paid (wow quick :)

2008-09-28 NVC I-864 Process Completed

2008-11-04 NVC Received DS-230 Package

2008-11-12 NVC Live Operator Confirmed Our Case is Completed :) Pending Interview Date :)

(Our submission was delayed because my husband applied for the New Nigerian Passport so we needed to wait for his new passport. All is well now ;)

2008-12-05 Received Interview Package

2008-12-24 Husband received Interview Package in Nigeria from NVC :)

2009-01-16 Medical Completed

2009-01-20 Interview Appointment - Visa Approved:) President Obama Inauguration Day:)

2009-01-27 It's Official VISA IN HAND!!! :) My Husband is coming home! :)

2009-02-10 POE LAX :) No problems smooth process. We thank God ;)

Timeline
Want to thanks everyone and let all know I just got the I-129f approval today. Now starts the process on the VN side. May be needing help and all so please bear with me for stupid questions in the future.

I do know how to use the search function but I am not the shiniest apple in the barrel.

Great News!! All the best. Good Luck! :)

Many thanks 2hearts. God bless and good luck to you both.

The fiancee is now settled down and ready for anything. I am sure she will do fine.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

This is going to be one of the stupid questions to ask. Ity seems the wedding plans are just zooming along without me needed in any decision but I do get to choose where to go on the honeymoon. I had been thinking of maybe Cancun or one of the islands that a hurricane hasn't tore up or even up to Canada or some such. It just hit me that I think I had read somewhere that she can't leave the country for a certain length of time after she arrives. Is this true?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Congratulation!!!!

If you need any help, please let me know.

In order to get pink slip on your first interview, i have some advice for you:

1. Know your own red flags; the red flags tied to your case that C.O. may consider

2. Practice interview questions around the red flags so that there will no surprise questions; most cases got denied because their answers were not reasonable enough for C.O. to approve the case on the spot when C.O. asks them questions around red flags.

3. Show strong evidence first because C.O. will most likely look the very first evidence that you hand to him

Practice and practice the interview questions. I can't stress this enough.

Timeline
Congratulation!!!!

If you need any help, please let me know.

In order to get pink slip on your first interview, i have some advice for you:

1. Know your own red flags; the red flags tied to your case that C.O. may consider

2. Practice interview questions around the red flags so that there will no surprise questions; most cases got denied because their answers were not reasonable enough for C.O. to approve the case on the spot when C.O. asks them questions around red flags.

3. Show strong evidence first because C.O. will most likely look the very first evidence that you hand to him

Practice and practice the interview questions. I can't stress this enough.

Many thanks Huanyen. I am definitely gonna need help. I am about to be home and am gonna download and print all evidencies and forms and fill out. I also plan on copying any and all practice questions and send them too.

I didn't see any red flags at all until I came in this part of site and seen all the other red flags.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Just talked to Trang today and she showed me the letter from the embassy. She seemed happy. :)

Also if anyone minds and can either send me their email to send to her or I send hers so she can chat with some that are or have gone through would be most appreciated. I think if she had some that are VN and can chat in her language may make her feel more relaxed.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Best of luck at the interview!

This is going to be one of the stupid questions to ask. Ity seems the wedding plans are just zooming along without me needed in any decision but I do get to choose where to go on the honeymoon. I had been thinking of maybe Cancun or one of the islands that a hurricane hasn't tore up or even up to Canada or some such. It just hit me that I think I had read somewhere that she can't leave the country for a certain length of time after she arrives. Is this true?

The K-1 visa is a one-use only, so once she enters the US initially, it can't be used again. She will be unable to re-enter the US until she receives her green card or her advanced parole (if you decide to file for it while waiting for the green card).

I'd suggest putting off the exotic honeymoon until she receives her GC or AP (or plan that for an xth-year anniversary gift) and go somewhere within the US first.

Edited by LuckyDucky

Timeline

Thanks LuckyDucky. Have already started looking at U.S. places only. Hard to get excited about any of them because I see the U.S. constantly so much.

Nver thought about the Cancun or islands as exotic but I have been to them also a few times.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Thanks LuckyDucky. Have already started looking at U.S. places only. Hard to get excited about any of them because I see the U.S. constantly so much.

Nver thought about the Cancun or islands as exotic but I have been to them also a few times.

Heh, being on the west coast, I rarely get to the eastern side of Mexico/Caribbean area. However, it is relatively convenient for me to be able to fly to Hawaii or Baja California. :) I guess it's all just where you're coming from.

There are a few nice spots in California: Yosemite is very beautiful, but is a bit of a drive to get there. Los Angeles has Hollywood, Disneyland, Universal Studios and a few other theme parks. San Diego is about 2 hours south of LA and has some nice beaches, Sea World, the San Diego zoo, etc.

If you want someplace a little quieter, you can go to San Luis Obispo, CA. A small town about halfway between LA and SF. They have farmer's market downtown every Thursday night. Pismo beach is about 15 min south and has a nice little downtown / beach area where you can relax. There's a 1 hour scenic drive up the coast of California to Hearst Castle. SLO is definitely a quiet, small town. It's a place I'd recommend if you want to go and relax somewhere.

San Francisco obviously has a lot of touristy stuff to do, too. :) Fisherman's wharf, Golden Gate bridge, Alcatraz. There's the Redwood National Forest about 20 min north and Napa Valley (wine country) another 90 min. north of that.

The Monterey Peninsula (which includes Pebble Beach and Carmel) is about 2 hours drive south from San Fran. You could easily spend 2 or 3 days there. Monterey has a small fisherman's wharf, the Monterey Bay Aquarium, the 17-mile drive in Pebble Beach, and Cannery Row. The aquarium is pretty large and it's easy to spend at least 3 to 4 hours there. Cannery Row is probably another 1/2 day. The 17-mile drive is probably a 1/2-to-3/4 day drive of taking pics and looking around. Carmel is a small town next to Monterey that has a downtown full of botiques and art galleries. Fun to just walk around and look. It's got a nice beach. Clint Eastwood used to be mayor of the town, too.

Las Vegas is a culture-shock of a glitzy place, even if you don't gamble. It might be fun to go just to see how vastly different it is from the rest of the US. (Though might be overwhelming for a first trip.)

Lake Tahoe is also very beautiful.

Just thought I'd mention some spots in my neck of the woods. :)

Edited by LuckyDucky

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.