A.Roxanne

Bucharest : K-1 fiancee visa obtained

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Hello everyone!! :thumbs:

I first want to thank all the people who wrote here because all your comments were very useful for me and helped me a lot. That is why I decided to share with you my experience, maybe some other people will consider it useful.

My story starts at the US Embassy in Bucharest in my attempt to obtain a K-1 fiancee visa. It all went EXCELLENT, it was a pleasant experiece and I am very happy now. :dance:

My interview was scheduled for the 19th of August 2008 at 1 pm. I got there around 12 and waited for 1h to get inside the Embassy. After being checked at the entry (they keep your phone and all your luggage, so you can get inside only with your documents and with your small purse...if you are a girl), I got inside along with other 8 people, all scheduled at 1pm...all asking the same type of visa. After a few minutes, I was called at Window 5 by a nice Romanian woman to give her my documents: birth certificate (original+copy), police record, the 156+156K forms, the 2 pics, the proof for financial support and the proof of an ongoing relationship. She was very nice and patient...since my file with proofs of relation was very thick and did not want to fit under her window, she taught me how to do everything. After that, I was called at Window 8 to get my finger prints. Then, I was advised to go and pay the tax of 131 $$ and return to Window 5 with the receipt. All these things happened very fast, like all in 30 min.

The long waiting was about to start. :whistle:

After more than 1h, I hear my name called and I am asked to go at Window 6. There, a nice American consule starts to ask me questions. Since I greeted him with a nice and smiling "Hello", he started talking to me in English, but I guess the interview can be in Romanian too because the ones before me spoke the whole time in Romanian. Anyway, the interview was about 15 min, but it was more like a dialogue than an interview...I really felt at ease, the atmosphere was very relaxed and I really enjoyed telling him my love story and it seemed like he enjoyed listening to it.

Here are the questions asked (I hope I won't forget any...), but I just want to tell you that he doesn't have a set of fixed questions that he asks everyone. Being there for about 3 h, I got to hear all the other interviews. It all depends on the way you answer, your answer stirs his next question.

Here is what he asked me:

- When and how did you meet your fiance?

- since I answered "online", his next questions were - On what website or chat room did u meet him? What was the name of the chat room?

- When did you see him in person for the first time?

- When did your bf-gf relation turn into a romance?

- Where did you two travel together?

- Do you know his family? What does your family think about him?

- Where are you going to live in the US?

- In terms of work, what do you plan to do in the US?

- What does your fiance do/work?

- When do you plan to get married?

- When was the last time you saw him?

- When and where did he propose to you?

- Is he coming over this summer?......at this question, I answered in a confident manner "NO, I am going over there this summer!"....the consule smiled and said "Thank you, that is all, please take a seat and ...GOOD LUCK!"

At the moment I wasn't very sure if I got it or not, but I was very confident. After another 30 min, I was called again at Window 5 to get my original documents back and all the proofs and I was told I had to wait a bit longer for me VISA TO BE ISSUED. At that moment, I was COMPLETELY SURE I got it and I was the happiest girl on Earth! :dance:

After a while, they called me back, gave me my passport with the Visa on it (its availability is for 6 months, and once you enter US it is valid for 90 days...so, you have to get married fast! hehe) and a yellow envelope that I am supposed to show at the airport in the US.

I wish everyone good luck, stay calm and be very confident at the interview. Don't get intimidated and just be yourselves, all the people there are very nice and friendly. All the people yesterday obtained the visa...so, don't worry! I wish you the best of luck and hope my story helps !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
congratulations :star: !!!!!!!

2008-05-06 I-129F sent

2008-05-10 Delivered to NVC 3:12pm

2008-05-20 NOA1

2008-05-23 Touched

2008-06-26 Touched

2008-06-27 Touched

2008-09-07 NOA2

2008-09-11 Received at NVC

2008-09-12 Left NVC

2008-09-18 Consulate received

2008-09-25 Pkt3 Received

2008-09-28 Pkt3 Returned

2008-09-30 Pkt4 Received

2008-10-09 Interview

2008-10-13 Medical

2008-10-24 Visa Received

2008-10-30 Fying home to my Jonathan

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

Congrats!!

AOS Timeline:

7/30/08: Sent AOS to Chicago lockbox

7/31/08: Received by USCIS

8/06/08: Check cashed

8/07/08: Rec'd NOA for I-485 AOS

8/07/08: AOS, EAD, & AP - Touched

8/08/08: Rec'd NOAs for EAD & AP

8/12/08: Rec'd Biometrics appt letter

8/21/08: Biometrics

9/29/08: EAD & AP - approved!!

10/6/08: EAD & AP - received in the mail!

2/06/09: Received interview notice for March 10th!!

3/10/09: Passed interview - husband's GC approved!!! Woohoo!!! :-)

01/2011: File to remove conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.