lopakalolo

U.S. Embassy Manila NBI Clearance Investigation

45 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Glocil said:

@deafguy72 you need to read my first post again. Lol 

Anyway maybe you don't have an idea about no criminal record on the nbi clearance  :) but thank you :)

Ah I got it now. " no criminal record " instead " no record on file " so you needed an explanation letter from the NBI. opps :mellow: hehe

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Glocil said:

Here I am again,  got  221g  bcoz  of my nbi ( no criminal record  ) the consul gave me a pamphlet about domestic violence  when I get to the US but he said he can't complete the process of Visa because  they need  a letter from the NBI. And the guy from the realising area told me wait for 3 weeks then they will  gonna  email me if do  I need to go to the nbi  for interview or not.  I submitted all the documents  at the nbi already  when the time that I got my nbi clearance,  do you think I still need to go to the nbi even though I submitted  all the documents  already?  Is there someone  here  have same case as mine? 

Knew that was going to happen because of your "no criminal record" .. which means you have a record but it isn't criminal.   You may or may not need to be interviewed by NBI (as they stated at the embassy) .. if they release the letter of explanation without an interview and it has went to USEM then you should be fine for the moment .. now you just wait ... more patience.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
1 hour ago, deafguy72 said:

Sounds like related to CFO? Thought NBI dont deal with that thing lol

Nope it is USEM related it is simply a pamphlet, SOP at the embassy during the interview process.

As for the NBI that is because of the comment she has on hers.  Sadly NBI won't issue a letter of explanation until the embassy requests it, so you go to the interview pretty much knowing you will get a 221g

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

1 minute ago, Hank_ said:

Nope it is USEM related it is simply a pamphlet, SOP at the embassy during the interview process.

As for the NBI that is because of the comment she has on hers.  Sadly NBI won't issue a letter of explanation until the embassy requests it, so you go to the interview pretty much knowing you will get a 221g

NBI is very annoying! :mellow: I wish everyone receiving TIN ID number after birth just like SSN as identify so NBI has all the information set up nicely. I have to end up letting them know that my wife was annulled & remarried. blah blah Well patience is so important I know he he :) 

30 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Greetings Hank, My fiance's NBI says "No record on file", will we get a 221g for that? :mellow:

Just now, Butziee said:

Greetings Hank, My fiance's NBI says "No record on file", will we get a 221g for that? :mellow:

Nah. If she is single, never married then its all good. From previous comment I got messed up understanding between " No Criminal record " and " No record on file " Sorry about that. :mellow:

2 hours ago, Glocil said:

@deafguy72 you need to read my first post again. Lol 

Anyway maybe you don't have an idea about no criminal record on the nbi clearance  :) but thank you :)

2 hours ago, Glocil said:

Here I am again,  got  221g  bcoz  of my nbi ( no criminal record  ) the consul gave me a pamphlet about domestic violence  when I get to the US but he said he can't complete the process of Visa because  they need  a letter from the NBI. And the guy from the realising area told me wait for 3 weeks then they will  gonna  email me if do  I need to go to the nbi  for interview or not.  I submitted all the documents  at the nbi already  when the time that I got my nbi clearance,  do you think I still need to go to the nbi even though I submitted  all the documents  already?  Is there someone  here  have same case as mine? 

thank you so much Hank 

Timeline
29 minutes ago, Butziee said:

An official letter of explanation from the NBI is required for any notation of “No criminal record” or "No pending case”.    No record on file .. all is good.  :thumbs:   

(the new online checklist is lacking in regards to this information, but as you have noticed USEM does still expect explanation letters when necessary)

Got your MNL # ?  Then this may help  http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html

https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/the-interview/

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
36 minutes ago, deafguy72 said:

Nah. If she is single, never married then its all good. From previous comment I got messed up understanding between " No Criminal record " and " No record on file " Sorry about that. :mellow:

Single, never married has little if any bearing with the NBI.    A person could be required to have an AKA  simply because of having name corrections on their birth certificate, or used a different spelling of their name in daily life.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 1 month later...

Anyone here who have the same experience?

On May 31st, I was advised by SLEC that they are the one who’s gonna send the results to the embassy because there was a typo error on the results and they need to redo it but they said that everything is cleared.

On June 1st, I went to the embassy. After the interview, the consul says “it looks good, proceed to the releasing area for further instructions” and handed me 2pcs pamphlet about domestic violence. 

When I went to the releasing area, I was advised by the Filipina to wait for the embassy’s update and not to contact SLEC because they have an internal communication regarding my medical resuts. Then, the lady asked me to get a sheet of paper (delivery information). 

My passport is still with USEM. They didn’t return it back. 

I attended the interview on June 1. Unfortunately, my medical results are still not there in the embassy. My case status is currently in “administrative processing.”

Now, I’m just wondering if my case is going to be approved or not. Hopefully everything will be okay and will get my visa soon. 

Ps: during the interview, the consul never asked for any documents and the interview only lasts for 2-3 mins.

My Timeline

NOA1: Oct 20, 2017
NOA2: April 23, 2018 (April 27 hard copy)
NVC Case Received: May 9, 2018
NVC Case # Assigned: May 10, 2018
Medical Appointment: May 14, 2018 (SLEC)
In Transit: May 17, 2018

Ready Status: May 18, 2018
CFO Appointment: May 30, 2018
Additional Medical Evaluation: May 31, 2018
Interview Date: June 1, 2018
 June 1: Administrative Processing status
 June 4: Administrative Processing status

Timeline
8 hours ago, Louize said:

My apologies if this is annoys you. I’m just so very anxious about what happen. Don’t be so mean. 

You aren't annoying me.   

You are stressing out ... relax .. be patient.    No need to post your question over and over

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

6 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

You aren't annoying me.   

You are stressing out ... relax .. be patient.    No need to post your question over and over

You’re right. I’m putting so much pressure on myself. 

I have received again another update that they have touched my case today but it’s still under ap. june 1,4 and 6 still AP

Timeline
Just now, Louize said:

You’re right. I’m putting so much pressure on myself. 

I have received again another update that they have touched my case today but it’s still under ap. june 1,4 and 6 still AP

Normal processing, as in no 221G, everything was there for the interview .. and still that can take a few weeks (or even months).   

Your interview was only a few days ago.... relax.   Check CEAC status less often ... go visit with family and friends, very soon you will be in the USA and homesick as you will be missing your family and friends.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.