midwesterner27

Thanks for the help. A question.

7 posts in this topic

Greetings everyone. Thank you for all the help in advance. I am an American. I am working in Warsaw. my fiance is from here and we are currently filling out the 129 form to bring here to the US.

My question is: can I send it to Nebraska from here or do I need to deliver it in person? Do I need a stable job in the US to qualify?

Thank you very much. Andrew.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
Greetings everyone. Thank you for all the help in advance. I am an American. I am working in Warsaw. my fiance is from here and we are currently filling out the 129 form to bring here to the US.

My question is: can I send it to Nebraska from here or do I need to deliver it in person? Do I need a stable job in the US to qualify?

Hi Andrew

Welcome to VJ. There is much helpful info here in the FAQ's and guides, and many people who

have personal experience with these processes.

You can send your petition to your service center from where you are, or you can likely file it

directly with the consulate. For an explanation of these options, see here:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...om&page=compare

a step by step guide to K-1 can be found here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...om&page=k1guide

If you decide on filing the petition with your service center stateside, you'll need a stateside address

also, and perhaps someone to forward your mail to you.

Most of us would prefer to file directly at the consulate if we could, since it's normally a much

less prolonged process.

for information on how to file your petition directly at the consulate see here:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...custom&page=dcf

and check out the DCF forum.

No, you don't necessarily need a stable job in the US, but when you reach the consular stage of processing (however you decide to go about that) you will have to file an I-134 affidavit to show you have a means of supporting your fiancee IN THE US. Fortunately, the requirements can be met a few ways,

through income in the US, use of assets like money in the bank and property, or another

person (co sponsor ) who DOES have income/assets in the US can help you. It seems

very daunting to most of us at first.

For more information on the I-134 try this, from the foreign embassy and consulate discussion

forum :

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=305

Hope this helps. Congratulations on your engagement!

Jaci

Jaci - Florida , Ciprian - Brasov, Romania

we got married!

visiting 11/05

visiting for a month April 19 '06

visitng September 06

I love you Sweetheart!

Our Website

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

If this is the route you decide to go in the end, you can Fed Ex your application materials to Nebraska from Warsaw. My fiance and I completed the application materials when I was in Mexico visiting, and we simply sent it Fed Ex. But you do need a US address to receive the notification from Nebraska.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

If you are in Poland with your fiancee, you should definitley try and file for I-130 right there at the consulate.

It's supposed to be much faster and probably less complicated, at least (if I understand it right), she would already have an Immigrant visa,gc,...and wouldn't have to apply for AOS later on.

I am not sure, what exact requierements need to be fulfilled in order to be able to do DCF, but it is most likely worth a try or at least get more info from the consulate in Warsaw.

Good luck, I wished I could do it like that!!

Nadine & Kenneth

Our K-1 journey

02/06/2006 filed 129F

07/01/2007 received visa via "Deutsche Post"

08/27/2006 POE Dallas

->view my complete timeline

AOS, EAD and AP

12/6/2006 filed for AOS & EAD

1/05/2007 AOS transferred to California Service Center

01/16/2008 letter to Congressman

03/27/2008 GREENCARD arrived

ROC

02/02/2010 filed I-751

07/01/20010 Greencard arrived

Naturalization

12/08/2021 N-400 filed 

03/15/2022 Interview. Approved after "quality review"

05/11/2022 Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I was gonna suggest the same, Nane, but ask a member with more experience on the matter.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Andrew,

Warsaw is one of the most DCF-friendly posts around--plus, yoiu are already legally resident there. If you look into it, you'll see that with this route your spouse (must get married first) will be admitted to the US as a Permanent Resident (green card) and will be virtually done with USCIS.

Check out the DCF Guide: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...custom&page=dcf

and Warsaw's IV page: http://warsaw.usembassy.gov/poland/petition.html

Total time in Warsaw should be less than 3 months petition-->visa in hand.

Good luck!

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.