nimche

Police Certificate is mandentory?

12 posts in this topic

Hello people,

My wife is currently living in Iran. Three years ago she lived in Turkey for period of 14 months and base on Police Certificate requirements if you live in a another country other than your country for more than 12 months you need a police certificate.

I know for a fact that they don't accept police certificate from people in Iran and Iranian government but I am not sure about Turkey. I searched for it and didn't get a legitimate answer to proceed the process.

Do you guys recommend contacting NVC and asking them or should I send it in anyway. Problem comes to play when we have to go to Turkey and get it fast for DS-230 or we have to contact Turkey consulate in Iran to inquire about this but it will take some times.

Does State Department has some sort of list of counties which need to obtain a police certificate?

Any suggestion is much appreciated.

LingChe's ShortCut

|--IR-1 Graduate--|For my Wife-Done 11/21/2008

|--IR-5 Graduate--|For Parents-Done

|--Citizenship for Spouse

Field Office: San Diego,CA

11/xx/2008 GC Rcvd

10/26/2011 N-400 mailed EX to AZ

10/27/2011 Priority Date

10/31/2011 Text Message received

11/01/2011 Check Cashed

11/07/2011 Finger Print letter mailed

11/09/2011 Finger Print letter Received for 11/30/2011

11/14/2011 Finger Print Done(walk-in)

11/28/2011 In Line For Interview

12/09/2011 Interview Scheduled

01/18/2012 Interview Date

02/22/2012 Oath Ceremony

YES WE CAN!

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Turkish police cert will be required.

Police Records

A Turkish Criminal Record is available and the quality of the document is high. The document can be obtained in 2 or 3 days by applicants. It is available both to Turkish Citizens and other nationals, whether they are living in Turkey or residing abroad.

In Turkey, the applicant can obtain the document by visiting one of the 167 Criminal Records offices of the Ministry of Justice. The official there will do a computerized records check on the national system. To request the document from abroad, the applicant can write to Turkish Republic Ministry of Justice General Directory of Criminal Records Central Office in Ankara (address: Turkiye Cumhuriyeti, Adalet Bakanligi, Adli Sicil Genel Mudurlugu, Tuna Caddesi No. 10, Ankara), providing all identifying information and including international postage.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/reciproc...ocity_3692.html

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

A Turkish Criminal Record is available and the quality of the document is high. The document can be obtained in 2 or 3 days by applicants. It is available both to Turkish Citizens and other nationals, whether they are living in Turkey or residing abroad.

In Turkey, the applicant can obtain the document by visiting one of the 167 Criminal Records offices of the Ministry of Justice. The official there will do a computerized records check on the national system. To request the document from abroad, the applicant can write to Turkish Republic Ministry of Justice General Directory of Criminal Records Central Office in Ankara (address: Turkiye Cumhuriyeti, Adalet Bakanligi, Adli Sicil Genel Mudurlugu, Tuna Caddesi No. 10, Ankara), providing all identifying information and including international postage.

The police report will indicate the presence of a criminal record even if the convicted person was released after completing the sentence or was pardoned by an amnesty. The document lists each section of the conviction and sentence. Crimes are supposed to be entered into the system within three days of conviction. For crimes of moral turpitude, records for crimes committed by children between 11-14 years old are purged in 2-5 years; crimes by children between 15-18 are purged in 5-10 years; crimes committed by adults are purged in 5-10 years. Multiple crimes are not purged.

If a criminal record is needed in a language other than Turkish, the local Office of Criminal Records must request the information from the Turkish Republic Ministry of Justice General Directory of Criminal Records Central Office in Ankara (address above), which may take a few days.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

You will need to get the police certificate from Turkey: link

Police Records

The police report will indicate the presence of a criminal record even if the convicted person was released after completing the sentence or was pardoned by an amnesty. The document lists each section of the conviction and sentence. Crimes are supposed to be entered into the system within three days of conviction. For crimes of moral turpitude, records for crimes committed by children between 11-14 years old are purged in 2-5 years; crimes by children between 15-18 are purged in 5-10 years; crimes committed by adults are purged in 5-10 years. Multiple crimes are not purged.

If a criminal record is needed in a language other than Turkish, the local Office of Criminal Records must request the information from the Turkish Republic Ministry of Justice General Directory of Criminal Records Central Office in Ankara (address above), which may take a few days.

Thank you guys, and I called NVC and asked them and there is no alternate for this one. I will try the consulate, it might be easier for them to obtain such a paper.

Thanks again

LingChe's ShortCut

11/xx/2008 GC Rcvd

10/27/2011 Priority Date

11/01/2011 Check Cashed

02/22/2012 Oath Ceremony

YES WE CAN!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sudan
Timeline
Thank you guys, and I called NVC and asked them and there is no alternate for this one. I will try the consulate, it might be easier for them to obtain such a paper.

Thanks again

What if the state department web site stated that no PCC is available for my country, do still have to seek one.

Police Records

Unavailable

Military Records

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Thanks again

What if the state department web site stated that no PCC is available for my country, do still have to seek one.

Police Records

Unavailable

Military Records

What country are we talking about??? PLEASE FILL IN PROFILE DETAILS BEFORE POSTING: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...rCP&CODE=01

:time:http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=53168

Some countries will provide this directly to US consulate when they request it, such as The Netherlands.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline
Hello people,

My wife is currently living in Iran. Three years ago she lived in Turkey for period of 14 months and base on Police Certificate requirements if you live in a another country other than your country for more than 12 months you need a police certificate.

I know for a fact that they don't accept police certificate from people in Iran and Iranian government but I am not sure about Turkey. I searched for it and didn't get a legitimate answer to proceed the process.

Do you guys recommend contacting NVC and asking them or should I send it in anyway. Problem comes to play when we have to go to Turkey and get it fast for DS-230 or we have to contact Turkey consulate in Iran to inquire about this but it will take some times.

Does State Department has some sort of list of counties which need to obtain a police certificate?

Any suggestion is much appreciated.

I see your are from iran, the state.gov state no PCC is available

Identity certificates (Shenasnameh)

Available. Identity certificates (Shenasnameh) showing the date and place of birth, parents' names, place of residence, and marital history where appropriate, are issued to Iranian nationals in urban centers by the Department of National Registration and Statistics (Edareh Sabt Ahval va Omar) and in rural regions by district (Bakhsh) offices of the Department. These are accepted by the Embassy in lieu of birth certificates for visa purposes. Information contained in these certificates must be evaluated with the understanding that certain data, particularly dates and places, may be inaccurate. No official fee is charged for delivering documents to the applicants. When these documents are requested from abroad, an indefinite waiting period should be expected before a reply is received.

Birth or baptismal certificates emanating from ecclesiastic authorities of the church to which non-Moslem applicants belong are frequently of doubtful value. Moslem ecclesiastic authorities in Iran issue no documents to visa applicants.

Marriage and Divorce Certificates

Available. The Eiarech Ommor Asnad (Bureau of Affairs concerning documents) in the Ministry of Justice assigns notary publics (Daftare Asnade Rasmy) to register divorces and marriages for Moslems and communicants of recognized minority religions (Christian, Jewish, Zoroastrian).

In Tehran, each church of a minority religion has several notaries assigned to it for this purpose, while there are at least one hundred assigned to record Moslem marriages and divorces. The Bureau maintains a record of the location, name, number, specimen of signature, and seal of each notary who is expected periodically to advise the Bureau of the number of marriages and divorces that have been registered. Copies of certificates containing the Bureau's authentication of the notary's signature can be obtained if the name and number of the notary public registering the marriage or divorce are known. Since the practice of officially registering marriages and divorces under this procedure was initiated in approximately 1930, certificates for marriages and divorces prior to that year can be obtained only from ecclesiastical authorities and are rarely available.

Divorces are handled by the Dadgah Hemayate Khanevadeh (Family Protection Court) of the Ministry of Justice. If this court determines that the couple cannot reside together successfully, it issues a Madrak Adam Sazesh (Certificate of Incompatibility). This document is then presented to the Marriage and Divorce Bureau, which issues the actual divorce decree. Marriage and divorce certificates can only be obtained by the individuals to whom they pertain.

Police Records

Unavailable.

Prison Records

Unavailable.

Military Records

Unavailable.

Timeline

Thanks again

Police Records

Unavailable

Military Records

What country are we talking about??? PLEASE FILL IN PROFILE DETAILS BEFORE POSTING: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...rCP&CODE=01

Some countries will provide this directly to US consulate when they request it, such as The Netherlands.

I am talking about his courty Iran, you could see Suda as well.

Thanks again

Police Records

Unavailable

Military Records

I am talking about his courty Iran, you could see Sudan as well.

Sudan as well

Thank you people, issue is not Iran but Turkey. I would be hard for us to obtain one from Turkish government but I guess we have to.

Even Department of state doesn't accept one from Iran, we have already got one ready to go but Turkey, I wasn't really aware of it till last night.

So I need to get a police Certificate from Turkish Government as soon as possible.

Solution: I will contact Turkish Consulate in los Angeles and see what they can do and I will let you all know about this.

Thank you VJ folks.

LingChe's ShortCut

11/xx/2008 GC Rcvd

10/27/2011 Priority Date

11/01/2011 Check Cashed

02/22/2012 Oath Ceremony

YES WE CAN!

FYI,

I called Turkish Consulate in Los Angeles. They said that then will get it for me but first I have to send them some documents:

1) Letter requesting for Police Certificate

2) Copy of Passport

3) Document proof of my wife's residency in Turkey during that time

4) Money order for $10

5) Pre-paid envelope

He said it will take abour two months and I told him that it says on the website that only take 2 to 3 days to finish the paper works and he said no, it takes little longer.

Anyways, thank you guys for all the help. I hope it will be here before DS-230.

Question now, if i submitt DS-230 to NVC and the police certificate is not in the package, what NVC will do?

A) RFE?

B) Rejection

C) NVC approves and sends documents to embassy and they will ask for police certificate

Please give some hints.

Thank you

LingChe's ShortCut

11/xx/2008 GC Rcvd

10/27/2011 Priority Date

11/01/2011 Check Cashed

02/22/2012 Oath Ceremony

YES WE CAN!

• Ryan H locked this topic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.