12 posts in this topic

Hi folks,

Just a quick question: for my K-1 visa, I went to a panel physician in Hamburg (Germany) who gave me a copy of the vaccination supplement and mailed his examination results directly to the US Embassy. My K-1 was approved, so the medical must have been fine.

Anyways, now that I'm working on the AOS papers, I noticed that my vaccination supplement is not an I-693, but a form DS-3025 ("Vaccination Documentation Worksheet"). It shows my vaccination history and was signed and dated by the panel physician in Frankfurt. Is this the form that y'all are talking about ?

Thanks,

Daniel

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi folks,

Just a quick question: for my K-1 visa, I went to a panel physician in Hamburg (Germany) who gave me a copy of the vaccination supplement and mailed his examination results directly to the US Embassy. My K-1 was approved, so the medical must have been fine.

Anyways, now that I'm working on the AOS papers, I noticed that my vaccination supplement is not an I-693, but a form DS-3025 ("Vaccination Documentation Worksheet"). It shows my vaccination history and was signed and dated by the panel physician in Frankfurt. Is this the form that y'all are talking about ?

Thanks,

Daniel

That or Part II, Item 5 of the I-693

YMMV

do a search as that same question gets asked at least 5 times a day.

search for "medical" or "i-693" or "vaccinations" on the AOS forum, any of those 3 searches should give you a thread where somebody explains what to do.

search for "medical" or "i-693" or "vaccinations" on the AOS forum, any of those 3 searches should give you a thread where somebody explains what to do.

I'm sorry, but when reading through the various threads, I just get more confused. Is there a final answer to the question, whether or not you can attach Form 3025 to your AOS application ? I went through the medical in Germany, and the physician checked the box "Vaccine history complete for each vaccine, all requirements met". The I-485 instructions never ask for form I-693, but just for a "vaccination supplement".

This is confusing ... :wacko:

From the I-693 instructions, read the part in red:

2. What if I am a K nonimmigrant visa holder and

already had a medical exam overseas?

A. K-1 fiancé(e) or a K-2 child of a K-1 fiancé(e), or as a

B. K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen or a K-4 child of a K-3

spouse of a U.S. citizen, and

C. You received a medical examination prior to

admission, then-

a. You are not required to have another medical

examination as long as your Form I-485,

Application to Register Permanent Residence or

Adjust Status, is filed within one year of your

overseas medical examination.

b. You will, however, be required to complete Part

1, Information about you, and submit the

vaccination section of Part 2 with your

adjustment of status application. A designated

civil surgeon must complete the vaccination

section and Part 5, the Civil Surgeon's

Certification.

Edited by kid brooklyn

Timeline

The previous poster has indicated exactly what the instructions to the form says is required. Other evidence indicates that that the DS-3025 is sufficient (actual experience).

OP:

No one can tell you what you need to do. Examine the evidence presented and be guided accordingly.

YMMV

I agree with fwaguy. What I posted above is from the I-693 instructions, that's what CIS says we are "required" to do, but they don't always enforce the rules equally to everybody. And people have just sent in a copy of the DS-3025 and have been approved, while others who did the same thing received an RFE. Your choice.

Here's what I said on another thread:

Just send in a copy of the DS-3025. A lot of people have done that with no problems. Chances are it will be accepted. If they send you an RFE, only then should you go shell out $300 for a medical if you can find an honest CS who will just do what you need. The delay from an RFE is only a couple of weeks if you answer it promptly, but if they accept the 3025, you save yourself the money. Why spend money unless you have to. That's what we did, I sent my wife's forms July 23rd. I'm not saying we're good, but no RFE yet.
Edited by kid brooklyn

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

There is a new requeirement now tb skin test, to avoid rfe go to the civil srgeon and get it done

I agree with fwaguy. What I posted above is from the I-693 instructions, that's what CIS says we are "required" to do, but they don't always enforce the rules equally to everybody. And people have just sent in a copy of the DS-3025 and have been approved, while others who did the same thing received an RFE. Your choice.

Here's what I said on another thread:

Just send in a copy of the DS-3025. A lot of people have done that with no problems. Chances are it will be accepted. If they send you an RFE, only then should you go shell out $300 for a medical if you can find an honest CS who will just do what you need. The delay from an RFE is only a couple of weeks if you answer it promptly, but if they accept the 3025, you save yourself the money. Why spend money unless you have to. That's what we did, I sent my wife's forms July 23rd. I'm not saying we're good, but no RFE yet.

Visa I 130 for Step Daughter

Sept 2010-- Getting documents ready. sent BC out for translation.

March 1st 2012-- Sent documents to USCIS

June 15th 2012 EMAIL OF APPROVAL !!

Dec 15th 2012 -- Interview scheduled ( 1-23-2013)

Jan 9th 2013--Medical Exam

There is a new requeirement now tb skin test, to avoid rfe go to the civil srgeon and get it done

If your medical exam was done before June 1, 2008, you aren't required to get the new TB test or the new vaccines.

Here's a link (look at the table near the bottom):

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...0004718190aRCRD

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

Great link that explains this stuff pretty clearly... what's necessary in terms of vaccines and TB test requirement since the form has changed.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...0004718190aRCRD

From the above site...

Date of Medical Exam

Do I have to submit the revised Form I-693?

Does the medical exam have to be done in accordance with the new TB requirements?

Do I have to receive the new vaccines (if age appropriate?)

Before June 1, 2008

No

No

No

June 1 – July 31, 2008

Yes Edition dates 4/2/08 and 6/5/08 are acceptable

Yes

No

On or after Aug. 1, 2008

Yes - must submit Edition date 6/5/08

Yes

Yes

The I-693 forms were revised on 06/05/08. New info. Directions to the new I-693 link below.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-693instr.pdf

Here's the form itself.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-693.pdf

Edited by Shannon and David

AOS & getting the SSN & the I-693

6/13/08 Applied for SSN for David ----- TRIP 1; 6/23/08 Went back to SSA 'cuz the person didn't pc all documents (rec'd letter from them) ----- TRIP 2

7/2/08 Received David's health insurance cards! Yay!

7/3/08 Went back to SSA; they said come back 7/9 if he still hasn't received it ----- TRIP 3

7/8/08 Got list of vaccines he still needed from CS by fax/phone; tested for immunity to MMR (only vaccine still needed) at our family dr

7/9 & 7/10/08 Went back to SSA, card still not received - Denied opportunity to apply for replacement ----- TRIP 4; Went back to SSA again to apply for a replacement card - Talked to a supervisor this time, POE people entered his last name incorrectly ----- TRIP 5; went to get David's ID thru the State, denied - instructions wrong on website; measles test inconclusive, another test needed; requested new lease

7/14/08 SSA called me in regards to problems at local SSA office

7/15/08 INFOPASS appt to fix POE name input error and then went to airport to fix POE name error

7/17/08 Received SSN card in mail and went to get state ID

7/21/08 State ID received in the mail and tested again for measles immunity

7/29/08 MMR shot #2 given and dropped off papers at Civil Surgeon (CS)

7/31/08 Picked up I-693, completed by local CS, (I paid $25, don't be fooled)

8/3 - 8/6/08 Worked on forms I-485, G-325A, I-864, I-765 and I-131; sent to Chicago - YESSS!

8/11/08 NOA1 for AOS, EAD and AP; 9/2/08 Transfered to CSC; 9/4/08 Biometrics

10/24/08 Rec'd AP; 10/27/08 Rec'd EAD; 11/24/08 Rec'd GC

I'm sorry, but when reading through the various threads, I just get more confused. Is there a final answer to the question, whether or not you can attach Form 3025 to your AOS application ? I went through the medical in Germany, and the physician checked the box "Vaccine history complete for each vaccine, all requirements met". The I-485 instructions never ask for form I-693, but just for a "vaccination supplement".

This is confusing ... :wacko:

I agree that it is really confusing but it is now clear to me what to do with this.

Normally, you'll just send the DS3025 form coz the I693 should be already submitted to the CIS, but though as what kid_brooklyn highlighted above in red, you somehow needs to get the vaccination supplement which is the form I-693A that a Civil Surgeon can fill up.

I haven't filed my AOS yet but I would get the I-693A from a civil surgeon just to be safe. So, yes they are right that it is up to you if you would get it or not but there are cases where they went fine without having the I-693A.

Good luck! :yes:

Feb 07 - met my Dream Guy

Jun 08 - arrived in the US

Jul 08 - ♥♥♥ WEDDING DAY ♥♥♥

Jul 09 - Temp GC received

Mar 12 - 10 yr GC received

Aug 13 - Naturalized

Timeline
I agree that it is really confusing but it is now clear to me what to do with this.

Normally, you'll just send the DS3025 form coz the I693 should be already submitted to the CIS, but though as what kid_brooklyn highlighted above in red, you somehow needs to get the vaccination supplement which is the form I-693A that a Civil Surgeon can fill up.

I haven't filed my AOS yet but I would get the I-693A from a civil surgeon just to be safe. So, yes they are right that it is up to you if you would get it or not but there are cases where they went fine without having the I-693A.

Good luck! :yes:

Close.............

The foreign medical is NOT on a I-693 but on DS-2053 ( immigrant medical form) but that is neither here nor there since we do not see it anyway as it is a part of the mystery brown envelope give to the POE.

The I-693A does not exist anymore as it is now the integrated into the I-693 as Part II, Item 5

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.