raphael7546

How to fix errors on PC

34 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I scanned my PC with PC on point rtrial version and had quite a few errors/problems.

Was wondering if there is anything online that I can download free to fix these errors.

Everytime I try to download Regcure from a free site it says the file is corrupt.

Any ideas?

A Lily & A Rose...Together Forever !

April 28th INTERVIEW DATE !!!!!!!! APPROVED

June 30th Arrived in my Sweeties Arms !!

August 4th.2005 Our Wedding

Sept. 19th Sent AOS

Sept 28th recieved NOA for AOS

Nov.05/05 recieved Biometrics letter

Nov.17th Biometrics Appt.

Nov. 22nd. AP Approved

Nov. 25th/05 recieved EAD card

Nov.30th. recieved AP Papers in mail

Dec. 08th/05 Recieved Snail mail letter for AOS Interview Feb 15th 7:40 AM.

Feb. 15th. /06 AOS Interview SUCCESS !!!! no more to deal with for another 2 yrs!

Feb. 27th./06 Recieved Greencard in the mail

August 4th/06 Our First Wedding Anniversary !!

Feb. 8th 08 Sent in Packet to remove conditions

Feb 23rd 08 Recieve NOA letter stating they are extending my Greencard for another year.

March 11th 08 biometrics appt.

May 29th 08 recieved email stating Card production ordered

June 7th 2008 10 yr card recieved.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

alfie.jpg

My lil Alfie boy

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

I trust CNet/ download.com and am going to try this myself:

http://www.download.com/8301-2007_4-10001881-12.html?tag=bl

3 minutes later: 392 problems found/fixed. Did it really do anything? Who knows!

Edited by WideAwakeInTheUSA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I scanned my PC with PC on point rtrial version and had quite a few errors/problems.

Was wondering if there is anything online that I can download free to fix these errors.

Everytime I try to download Regcure from a free site it says the file is corrupt.

Any ideas?

I clicked on the download and nothing happened. :(

A Lily & A Rose...Together Forever !

April 28th INTERVIEW DATE !!!!!!!! APPROVED

June 30th Arrived in my Sweeties Arms !!

August 4th.2005 Our Wedding

Sept. 19th Sent AOS

Sept 28th recieved NOA for AOS

Nov.05/05 recieved Biometrics letter

Nov.17th Biometrics Appt.

Nov. 22nd. AP Approved

Nov. 25th/05 recieved EAD card

Nov.30th. recieved AP Papers in mail

Dec. 08th/05 Recieved Snail mail letter for AOS Interview Feb 15th 7:40 AM.

Feb. 15th. /06 AOS Interview SUCCESS !!!! no more to deal with for another 2 yrs!

Feb. 27th./06 Recieved Greencard in the mail

August 4th/06 Our First Wedding Anniversary !!

Feb. 8th 08 Sent in Packet to remove conditions

Feb 23rd 08 Recieve NOA letter stating they are extending my Greencard for another year.

March 11th 08 biometrics appt.

May 29th 08 recieved email stating Card production ordered

June 7th 2008 10 yr card recieved.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

alfie.jpg

My lil Alfie boy

I trust CNet/ download.com and am going to try this myself:

http://www.download.com/8301-2007_4-10001881-12.html?tag=bl

3 minutes later: 392 problems found/fixed. Did it really do anything? Who knows!

ditto

I'm pretty happy with Spybot Spy sweeper though

the key is to use a legitimate service.... not some popup

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Technically, each and every software has a seperate algorithm to scan the memory locations for bugs, malicious code, etc...Sometimes, it doesn't work depending on the limit of the computer software. Sometimes it does. Sometimes when there are no errors, the scanner says you have an error.

If you want a stable machine, use a license anti-virus software such as Norton or McCafee. They have a footnote inside their manual that says, "if your machine gets a virus while your pc is running, we'll fix it for free." I recommend either one of those. Nowadays, those software comes with some anti-spyware protection algorithm on them.

The second thing is to clear out your cache, de-frag your drive, and to run de-frag everytime you install something new into your computer. By doing this it increases the performance of your machine, your hard drive life MBTF = 5-7 years. So, de-frag is important to keep the HDD running optimally.

These two pieces will make your machine running smoothly. No need for any other diagnostic software. The diagnostic software are a majority of time, a waste of time and money.

Edited by consolemaster

mooninitessomeonesetusupp6.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
ditto

I'm pretty happy with Spybot Spy sweeper though

the key is to use a legitimate service.... not some popup

two different manufacturers. spybot is made by safer, spy sweeper is made by webroot.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline
If you want a stable machine, use a license anti-virus software such as Norton or McCafee. They have a footnote inside their manual that says, "if your machine gets a virus while your pc is running, we'll fix it for free." I recommend either one of those. Nowadays, those software comes with some anti-spyware protection algorithm on them.

still not good enough. it's recommended that the user have one antivirus and 2 anti-spyware programs. i run webroot's spysweeper and etrust pestpatrol. spysweeper is ok, but pestpatrol finds more.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

still not good enough. it's recommended that the user have one antivirus and 2 anti-spyware programs. i run webroot's spysweeper and etrust pestpatrol. spysweeper is ok, but pestpatrol finds more.

You don't need two. It's a paranoia.

mooninitessomeonesetusupp6.jpg

Timeline

You don't need two. It's a paranoia.

yes, you do need two. as i stated above, spysweeper does find some stuff but not everything. pestpatrol (or a second anti-spyware program) complements spysweeper. in one episode i had, spysweeper found something but could not delete it. pestpatrol found it and deleted it.

as the programs are only as good as the definitions written by the company, having two gives the user a more well rounded defense against spyware. does this mean one should purchase a license for two different programs? no. buy one, but use another that is free to complement it.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Until recently, I only ran SpyBot, but then my other computer was acting funny, and a friend in the PC repair biz recommended SuperAntiSpyware. Wow, this program found so much extra stuff! Now I use both -- SpyBot tracks registry and other changes for me, and SuperAntiSpyware catches spy/adware and ... even a virus that Norton AntiVirus missed!

FYI, both SpyBot and SuperAntiSpyware are free.

K-1 Timeline

05/14/08 Engaged on my last day while visiting Bremen

07/03 Mailed 129f package

07/24 NOA1

12/05 NOA2

12/27 Packet 3 received

01/19/09 Medical in Hamburg

03/24 Successful interview at Frankfurt

03/31 Visa received

07/09 POE Salt Lake City

AOS/EAD/AP Timeline

08/22/09 Mailed package

08/28 NOA1

10/28 Biometrics completed; EAD card production ordered

11/07 EAD arrived

12/14 Successful AOS interview in Seattle

12/28/09 Greencard arrived

Timeline

a good site to check out any possible anti-spyware program:

link

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline
a good site to check out any possible anti-spyware program:

link

I'm afraid to follow the link!

it's safe.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *