laurarajesh

can we start cr1 visa after got 221g(AP) for k3 visa

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

hello friends

my wife filed i-130 and i-129f spouse in 2007 and we got both approved on march 2008. and uscis send both approvel latter but NVC processed 129f for k3 visa i think they hold 130. after my interview for k3 visa i got 221g (AP) document varification in india.

we dont know how much time it will take.

i wan ask can we start process for CR1 visa and wt we have to do for it. and how much time it can take and wt is +ve and -ve point to start this process.

we choice k3 first because i thought i can go home soon. but if it takeing time can we start CR1process because of we have both approved.

pls advise us.

and pls also advise HOW MUCH TIME AP( DOCUMENT VERIFICATION) TAKES IN DELHI.

i called DOS they said my document varification is processing delhi. they dont have my case in DOS usa.

laurarajesh

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I am in similar situation and would like to know the same answer! I have been debating for a long time on whether I should pay the NVC and continue with CR-1 or is it too late?

Visa Journey:

Marriage: July 6, 2007

I-130 Sent: August 7, 2007

NOA1: September 24, 2007

I-129F Sent: September 25, 2007

NOA1: October 9, 2007

NOA2: March 7, 2008

Packet 3: March 28, 2008

Interview: June 24, 2008

AP: June 24, 2008

10 months in AP--will this ever end?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Wong Forum, probably the biggest risk would be if you re-set the AP process.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

If it's just document verification, I don't think it would reset the AP. The only way this would happen is if they were interviewing with a completely different consulate. This is the thing, it might actually be a waste of money, because you would be paying a new filing fee, etc and you still have to wait on the verification, if it comes before your interview (which could take months) then you would obviously take the k3 and run as fast as you could back home.

It is a personal decision, and you should probably consult with an attorney about it, but it definitely won't speed things up. You'll still be waiting on that document to be verified. Mine in Pakistan took six months.

Whatever AP you're in must be completed before the visa will be issued. A new interview or visa type will change nothing.

Edited by emt103c

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.