~Laura and Nick~

Kitty Woes

32 posts in this topic

While I was growing up, we always had a dog. Then, of course, I moved out on my own and had no pets for 12 years. After my dad passed away, Kelsie (my daugther) and I moved back into our house in the country. She had been after me for a few months to get her a kitty. After we moved, a friend of mine had a barn full of kitties. We went out and she picked her kitty. We've had him for 6 years. When the time came for the move, she remained in Canada with my sister and her hubby - who dislikes cats - who have 2 big dogs. So Salem came with me to IL. He's forever pouncing on me or licking my nose early in the morning cause he's looking to be fed. He doesn't go too far from me and I love him dearly. At least I got to bring one of my too most treasured gifts with me.

post-40221-1218211757_thumb.jpg

Somewhere there is a purr-fect kitty for you and Nick. You'll find each other. Best of luck at the rescue shelter later.

Edited by BH45

April 13, 2009 - Welcome to the USA letter rec'd. PRC to be rec'd within 3 weeks.

April 16, 2009 - 2 yr GC rec'd in mail.

March 2, 2011 - Mailed in I-751 to CSC

March 4, 2011 - I-751 delivered to CSC

March 4, 2011 - NOA issued

March 12, 2011 - NOA received

April 14, 2011 - BIO Appt 5/6/11

May 6, 2011 - BIO done in 10 minutes...no re-takes this time :)

June 27, 2011 - Email rec'd "Status - Approved"

July 1, 2011 - 10 yr GC arrived

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Oh Laura,...I know how you feel about the connection,....The kitty we got in June had been abadoned in a military house, and had been in a cage at the vets clinic onm base here since February. he had been locked up and left behind in the house, and was found by the cleaners. I had looked at a few shelters, and petsmarts, and places like that,..but none of the kittys "felt' right to me.

Now, MR. Smokey Bones, on the other hand,...was so playful,..and meowed, and came to the front of the cage so quick looking for some love. I looked at his face, and was immediately hit with a feeling. It was kinda funny,..I took him outta the cage, and went to put him on the ground so I could pat him, and play a lil,..and all he wanted was cuddles. The clinic gives you a trial period of a week,...to see if he adjusts and stuff,..oh and let me tell you,..he adjusted fine,..he loves the fact he has a big house, and not a cage to explore, and it always at your feet at the table,..or sitting next to you on the couch, or laying perched up in his cat tree watching everyone. he has to be where he can see everybody. At night,..he sleeps at the top of the stairs, at the intersection basically of all three rooms,..so he can see if anyone moves etc. He sits at his bowl, and meows once or twice when he wants food, and after you put food in the bowl,..he actually nuzzles you befopre eatting,..He is THE sweetest thing....and he was a year old,..not a kitten, but not fully mature either I guess.

oh I loves my Mr. smokey Bones!!

"When a man is educated, an individual is educated; when a woman is educated, a family and a country are educated."

— Mahatma Gandhi

The timeline... (Frankfurt) for the kids visas

10/22/2007 Filed I-130 x 2 in person + paid 710 USD (355 each )

10/22/2007 Filed DS-230 part 1 x 2

10/22/2007 Received the document checklist and FRN (case) numbers

12/18/2007 I-130 petition approved, but I didn't know. I was away at the time, didn't get confirmation letters til I got back from the states.

12/20/2007 Notice of Approval arrives in tha mail. According to the date received stamp on back of envelope at my post box.

Will now wait til hubby is back from Iraq to fax in checklist readiness, even though, I have been ready since day of lodging I-130's. all except medical.

02/18/2008 Faxed the "checklist" back to the consulate.

02/25/2008 Medicals completed.

02/25/2008 Appt letters in mail for appt on March 7th. Cant go due to prior military commitments. Emailed consulate and received an amended appt date of March 12th 2008.

03/12/2008 Visa interview - APPROVED x 2

03/27/2008 Visa's finally generated. I emailed the consulate. they apologised for the delay. They forgot to issue the visas after approval.

03/31/2008 Received visas

04/26/2008 Flying out of Frankfurt to next duty station on orders.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Would you be interested in a 7 month Lab named Cooper?

We've only been up for a few hours and he has chewed up a magazine, destroyed my new toothbrush, destroyed some of my make up sponges, made a poo on the rug in the living room, pulled some plants out of the pond in the backyard, and I have had to get one of Mel's shoes out of his mouth about about 5 times.

He is so naughty in the mornings!!

Would you be interested in a 7 month Lab named Cooper?

We've only been up for a few hours and he has chewed up a magazine, destroyed my new toothbrush, destroyed some of my make up sponges, made a poo on the rug in the living room, pulled some plants out of the pond in the backyard, and I have had to get one of Mel's shoes out of his mouth about about 5 times.

He is so naughty in the mornings!!

OMG! LOL Sorry this made me laugh so much!!!

Sorry...awww!!

We are very very excited about tonight :) I'll let you all know what's going on asap. I love talking about pets, they are so very special!!!

Oh Laura,...I know how you feel about the connection,....The kitty we got in June had been abadoned in a military house, and had been in a cage at the vets clinic onm base here since February. he had been locked up and left behind in the house, and was found by the cleaners. I had looked at a few shelters, and petsmarts, and places like that,..but none of the kittys "felt' right to me.

Now, MR. Smokey Bones, on the other hand,...was so playful,..and meowed, and came to the front of the cage so quick looking for some love. I looked at his face, and was immediately hit with a feeling. It was kinda funny,..I took him outta the cage, and went to put him on the ground so I could pat him, and play a lil,..and all he wanted was cuddles. The clinic gives you a trial period of a week,...to see if he adjusts and stuff,..oh and let me tell you,..he adjusted fine,..he loves the fact he has a big house, and not a cage to explore, and it always at your feet at the table,..or sitting next to you on the couch, or laying perched up in his cat tree watching everyone. he has to be where he can see everybody. At night,..he sleeps at the top of the stairs, at the intersection basically of all three rooms,..so he can see if anyone moves etc. He sits at his bowl, and meows once or twice when he wants food, and after you put food in the bowl,..he actually nuzzles you befopre eatting,..He is THE sweetest thing....and he was a year old,..not a kitten, but not fully mature either I guess.

oh I loves my Mr. smokey Bones!!

Cherish your Mr. Smokey Bones!! He sounds like a complete doll!!!

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

This may sound a bit silly, but I just finished praying that God will guide you right to that purrrrrfect cat!

Not silly at all, thank you Nagi (L)

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

OMG Miss Stacey, that made me laugh SO much! I've got a 3 year old Shih Tzu named Kaia and she STILL gets into things. Two weeks ago she ate my husband's glasses. She destroyed them! Thank goodness I can look back on it now and kind of laugh about it! That's just the way that dogs seem to be. Although, I will tell you that Kaia doesn't NEARLY get into as much trouble if we walk in the morning. They say a good rule of thumb is to get the dog doing some heavy panting for at least 20-30 minutes every day. I hope that might help a bit!

Good luck finding your kitty Laura. I'm hoping the one tonight will be the one for good! ~hugs~

October 2006- Met Taktyx playing the World of Warcraft

I-129F

September 26, 2007- I-129F Package sent by courier to CSC

September 28, 2007- Received at CSC

October 29, 2007- NOA1 hardcopy arrives!

February 5, 2008- NOA2!

April 23, 2008- Medical

April 22, 2008- Interview!

April 26, 2008- POE Edmonton

June 5, 2008- Legal wedding

October 11, 2008- Wedding ceremony with family

AOS

December 6, 2008- AOS package mailed

December 8, 2008- Package received

December 15, 2008- Check cashed! WOOHOO!

December 22, 2008- All 3 NOA1's received

January 5, 2009- I-485 transferred to CSC. Here's hoping for no interview!

January 14, 2009- Biometrics

February 23, 2009- EAD and AP received in the mail, dated Feb 14th.

April 23, 2009- Welcome to the United States Letter arrives. Card to follow.

June 1, 2009- GC received in mail. Approval date 04/09/09

Done with USCIS until 04/2011!

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey Laura,

or should I say, MRS. Laura!!!!

Congrats. hope the wedding went well.

I had 2 cats, and if you might remember.. Anil is allergic.. so our agreement was..

I kept Toby.. ( i have had him for 12 years)

and found a new home for Miss Graycee.

She went to a home, where she loved the people and she is not a cuddly cat.. but did with these people..

2 days later.. she was back with me.. howling all night.. crying..

next day.. she went off with another guy.. fell in love and has been fine.. so somehow cats do find their owners.. no matter what they need to do..

your new cat may not be coming to you yet.. hold her, mark some piece of blanket or pillow for her only.. put her on it, and give her her own scent on the pillow.. it usually takes a couple of weeks for cats to get used to their new home..

good luck and keep me posted!!

Love Cin and Anil!!

Cindy

Hey Laura,

or should I say, MRS. Laura!!!!

Congrats. hope the wedding went well.

I had 2 cats, and if you might remember.. Anil is allergic.. so our agreement was..

I kept Toby.. ( i have had him for 12 years)

and found a new home for Miss Graycee.

She went to a home, where she loved the people and she is not a cuddly cat.. but did with these people..

2 days later.. she was back with me.. howling all night.. crying..

next day.. she went off with another guy.. fell in love and has been fine.. so somehow cats do find their owners.. no matter what they need to do..

your new cat may not be coming to you yet.. hold her, mark some piece of blanket or pillow for her only.. put her on it, and give her her own scent on the pillow.. it usually takes a couple of weeks for cats to get used to their new home..

good luck and keep me posted!!

Love Cin and Anil!!

Thanks Cin!!! :) Thanks everyone!!!!

:D You guys kick butt!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
OMG Miss Stacey, that made me laugh SO much! I've got a 3 year old Shih Tzu named Kaia and she STILL gets into things. Two weeks ago she ate my husband's glasses. She destroyed them! Thank goodness I can look back on it now and kind of laugh about it! That's just the way that dogs seem to be. Although, I will tell you that Kaia doesn't NEARLY get into as much trouble if we walk in the morning. They say a good rule of thumb is to get the dog doing some heavy panting for at least 20-30 minutes every day. I hope that might help a bit!

Good luck finding your kitty Laura. I'm hoping the one tonight will be the one for good! ~hugs~

I agree- I try to do a lot of things with Cooper- walks, lots of play time to burn off some of his energy.

He is very social and loves people and animals. I took him down to the French Quarter last week and he had a blast!! His new best friend is the Silver Man- a performance artist who is all painted silver and poses. Cooper was all over him! He barked at the horses- he had never seen one before. There were lots of people who wanted to stop and pet him. There were also lots of people who moved away when they saw him but I didn't let that bother me. To each his own- not everyone loves dogs. We passed by 2 police officers who had a man face down on the sidewalk handcuffed. Cooper started sniffing at him- I quickly pulled him away- the cops started laughing. I will take him down there more often- it will be nicer when it starts to cool off though. He slept in the car on the way back and then for most of the afternoon- he was pooped!!

I'm also looking forward to bringing him down to the Mardi Gras parades- i think he will love it. The parade route is at the end of our street.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm sorry to hear that Laura. It's hard sometimes with new critters - but you listened to your gut and I am sure you'll find the kitty for you. You both did the right thing - even though it was hard. :thumbs:

PS: love the pic!

Edited by cattattude

Cograts Mrs. Laura!

AOS

Filed AOS............................October 17/08

NO1 for AOS,EAD, AP............October 31/08

Biometrics letter....................November 7/08

AOS sent to California.............................November 11/2008

Biometrics Appointment in York...............November 28/2008

AP Approved.............................................December 23/2008

EAD Card Received....................................January 3/2009

AP Received (I-512L)..................................January 5/2009

AOS Pending...............................................January 23/2009

AOS Approved, card on order will receive in 3 weeks..............March 10/2009

GREEN CARD RECIEVED MARCH 12/2009

ROC

VERMONT RECEIVED............................................DECEMBER 20/2010

NOA1 1 YEAR EXTENTION APPROVAL..............................DECEMBER 27/2010

RECIEVED BIOMETRICS APP.....................................JANUARY 7/2011

BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT......................................JANUARY 21/2011

APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...................................MAY 9/2011

CARD WITHIN 60 DAYS

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Wow, this is really exciting. I knew when I moved in here that Strata rules said NO PETS but when I first came to view the apartment there were two kitties already here! :luv:

Sounds like you have a great landlord that's totally on your side!

I think as much as we feel the connection, animals feel it towards us, too. I see it in the way my cats look at me and the way they act around me. You know it when they stare at you and you know they just wish they could talk?! :lol:

I adopted both my boys as adults from the SPCA. One was given up because they moved to a place that couldn't take cats and the other was found roaming the streets as a stray. Even with his tattoo in his ear they didn't find his owner.

I can't wait to see pics of your new cat!

Our teeny timeline:

Jan 23 '08 ~ met online

Mar '08 ~ 1st visit to Vancouver

May '08 ~ 2nd visit to Vancouver

Jun 08 ~ plans to move to the west coast!

Aug 8 08 ~ he moves to Bellingham

current ~ many trips back and forth across the border...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.