12 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hello,

I just made the most stupid mistake I can think of and missed my biometric appointment. Somehow I was convinced that the appointment was for August 8 and I was just getting read to search for directions online when my appointment date caught my attention... and my heart literally dropped. My appointment was today, and I missed it.

I franticly searched on google for "missed biometric appointment" and found this topic on another forum:

http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Archive/Mi...3/msg00631.html

That guy said that he missed his appointment by 3 weeks but was still allowed to take his biometric simply by walking in. He said this happened in NYC. I also live in NYC. Do you think that it will be okay if I walk to the center tomorrow? Have you heard of any similar case and what happened?

Thank you in advance for your help.

P.S. Please don't tell me how incredibly stupid I have been, I already know it.

Edited by speriamo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hello,

I just made the most stupid mistake I can think of and missed my biometric appointment. Somehow I was convinced that the appointment was for August 8 and I was just getting read to search for directions online when my appointment date caught my attention... and my heart literally dropped. My appointment was today, and I missed it.

I franticly searched on google for "missed biometric appointment" and found this topic on another forum:

http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Archive/Mi...3/msg00631.html

That guy said that he missed his appointment by 3 weeks but was still allowed to take his biometric simply by walking in. He said this happened in NYC. I also live in NYC. Do you think that it will be okay if I walk to the center tomorrow? Have you heard of any similar case and what happened?

Thank you in advance for your help.

It will be definitely okay. We missed ours by a month. We went on the next avail date and they just let us go through the process. This was in Philly. You should be fine. Hope this helps

P.S. Please don't tell me how incredibly stupid I have been, I already know it.

AOS Package 2008

Married JANUARY 5 2008.......AWWW

Civil Surgeon 2/24 results 2 days later

Mailed AOS 3/1 YAYYYYYYYY!!!!

V. Bustmante signed in receipt of package 3/3

check cashed !!!!!!!!!!!3/10

Received receipt notice in the mail for AOS & EAD 3/12

RFE on 485 stating I 94 card front and back 3/24 (already enclosed) :(

Sent RFE back 3/27

Lees MO received RFE 3/31

change of address online 4/1 (hopefully it doesn't confuse things)

CASE TRANSFERRED to CALIFORNIA 4/10

Biometrics 4/29

EAD APPROVED--Card production ordered 5/5

Received EAD card 5/10

Mailed AP application 5/12....home sick :(

Received AP document in mail 6/27...YAY!!! :)

Card production ordered via website 7/7 Yea baby yea!!!

Green Card in Hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 7/16

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS 2010:

Mailed I751 Application 4/2

USCIS Received Monday 4/5

Received NOA (12 mos extension) 4/9

Biometrics letter received 4/26...scheduled for 5/12

APPROVAL letter received!!!!!! 6/25

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I would say go tomorrow or as soon as you can.

I know when I went for my Biometrics- they were very nice. They were in the same office as where I went for my AOS interview but a different division. Their job was only to take prints and your picture. The guy who did my prints knew nothing about the immigration process and I don't think he cared to know.

Thank you both for the replies.

I just keep repeating to myself, "everything is going to be okay." I will go to the center tomorrow morning and try to be there as soon as it opens (8:00am), and hopefully everything will be okay.

Good luck, I hope it goes well. Let us know how you make out.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

ASC's do not like people who go in advance of there appointment time but they are OK with people who come later.

They should change the notice to say... Please come on or after this date and time.

YMMV

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Thank you again for the replies.

I went this morning and had no problems. Biometric is done, I'm so relieved! :)

Glad it went well. Sorry you had to go through all that stress and worry yesterday.

ASC's do not like people who go in advance of there appointment time but they are OK with people who come later.

They should change the notice to say... Please come on or after this date and time.

That's really weird. Because I'm sure the letter said if we missed our appointment they would consider our application abandoned....

--------------------

(Full timeline in profile)

25th May 07 - Sent I-129F to TSC

17th December 07 - Interview- APPROVED! :)

17th May 08 - Got married!!!!! :)

18th June 08 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP to Chicago lockbox

3rd October 08 - Green card in hand!!

26th August 10 - Sent I-751 to VSC

31st August 10 - NOA1 from VSC

10th January 11 - I-751 approved!

14th January 11 - 10-year green card in hand!!

22nd April 23 - N400 submitted online; NOA available in USCIS account immediately
6th November 23 - Interview; approval same day
28th November 23 - Oath ceremony scheduled

I've also heard that in some ASCs, applicants with past / lost appointment can walk-in on Wednesdays and other days is reserved only for scheduled ones. But "speriamo" walked-in today and got it done... Cool. Good information !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.