emmulator

Any Doctor Will Tell You...

98 posts in this topic

NYGirl, you don't think it's better for the woman too? Plus studies have shown that the sperm helps elevate mood levels.

My concern would be gaining weight and later on in life having problems getting pregnant......one pill makes you better in one place while damaging something else inside you. In a long run this would come up somehow especially at the time you are trying to get pregnant.

OK - not that it will ever happen to me - but if the pill damages something inside a woman, and it causes trouble getting pregnant later, why do so many women have b/c related twins? No joke here, I really don't get it.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline
NYGirl, you don't think it's better for the woman too? Plus studies have shown that the sperm helps elevate mood levels.

My concern would be gaining weight and later on in life having problems getting pregnant......one pill makes you better in one place while damaging something else inside you. In a long run this would come up somehow especially at the time you are trying to get pregnant.

OK - not that it will ever happen to me - but if the pill damages something inside a woman, and it causes trouble getting pregnant later, why do so many women have b/c related twins? No joke here, I really don't get it.

If you or your SO does not have any twins in the family the chances are of you having twins are very slim. People that have no twins in the family at all and end up having twins are probably most likely those that went through IV, where the the doctor inserts sperm inside lady....something like, some sort of special procedure for people that can't get pregnant.

12/14/09 - I-751 mailed

12/23/09 - Check cashed

12/28/09 - NOA1 (dated 12/21/09)

01/03/10 - I-797 NOA received for biometrics appt

01/26/10 - Biometrics appt.

01/27/10 - Touch

04/29/10 - Approved

reminder for myself: apply for citizenship in november 2010

Filed: Timeline
If you or your SO does not have any twins in the family the chances are of you having twins are very slim. People that have no twins in the family at all and end up having twins are probably most likely those that went through IV, where the the doctor inserts sperm inside lady....something like, some sort of special procedure for people that can't get pregnant.

Yeah, I've never heard of birth control increasing the odds of giving birth to twins, but hey, I haven't heard a lot of things.

Where you get twins in a large number of cases is artificial insemination. One of the most common causes of female infertility is that when the egg is fertilized, the resulting cytoplast isn't able to successfully attach to the uterine lining. So they fertilize a bunch of eggs, in the hopes that at least one of the cytoplasts will actually attach. This often results in twins, triplets, or more. It's occasionally even necessary to terminate some of the resulting embryos because the insemination worked too well.

Also, if a "doctor inserts sperm inside," make sure both his hands aren't on your shoulders. Just sayin'... :devil:

Timeline

Yeah, I've never heard of birth control increasing the odds of giving birth to twins, but hey, I haven't heard a lot of things.

Where you get twins in a large number of cases is artificial insemination. One of the most common causes of female infertility is that when the egg is fertilized, the resulting cytoplast isn't able to successfully attach to the uterine lining. So they fertilize a bunch of eggs, in the hopes that at least one of the cytoplasts will actually attach. This often results in twins, triplets, or more. It's occasionally even necessary to terminate some of the resulting embryos because the insemination worked too well.

Also, if a "doctor inserts sperm inside," make sure both his hands aren't on your shoulders. Just sayin'... :devil:

Mox, do we have a new doctor in the house? :whistle::devil:

12/14/09 - I-751 mailed

12/23/09 - Check cashed

01/27/10 - Touch

04/29/10 - Approved

Timeline

Are you asking for artificial insemination? Because I think you'll find I have very competitive rates... :devil:

I'll take that into considerations :P

12/14/09 - I-751 mailed

12/23/09 - Check cashed

01/27/10 - Touch

04/29/10 - Approved

She actually does have lots of natural twins in her family - at least one set per generation.

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Timeline

She actually does have lots of natural twins in her family - at least one set per generation.

If you guys will decide on having kids, the chances of you having twins are pretty high. It usually comes from grandparents generations, not necessarilly parents.

12/14/09 - I-751 mailed

12/23/09 - Check cashed

01/27/10 - Touch

04/29/10 - Approved

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Twins have nothing to do with b/c. They usually skip a generation. So if your a twin, you may have grandkid twins. IV is one of the ways of producing them, usually you have triplets or higher when you are truely successfuly on IV. Twins are more popular when a woman takes ovulation drugs... like when she's been on b/c for too long and can't conceive.

As to the effects of b/c, NYGirl is right. They do have negative ones, they increase your chances for one type of cancer, can't remember if its breast or ovarian. And of course the chances of stroke are much higher, that's why they say no smoking, no drinking.

A woman is like a tea bag: she does not know how strong she is until she is in hot water.

- Nancy Reagan

As to the effects of b/c, NYGirl is right. They do have negative ones, they increase your chances for one type of cancer, can't remember if its breast or ovarian. And of course the chances of stroke are much higher, that's why they say no smoking, no drinking.

You're wrong, Korat, but misinformation seems to be your game. There is a slight increase in the risk of cervical and liver cancer if you've been taking b/c pills for like 30 years. The risk of ovarian cancer actually decreases. I don't know where you're getting an increase in stroke likelihood, that's rubbish. And only women who are over 35 years of age are advised not to smoke when using b/c pills because it increases the chances of cardiovascular disease. Learn to Google.

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

You're wrong, Korat, but misinformation seems to be your game. There is a slight increase in the risk of cervical and liver cancer if you've been taking b/c pills for like 30 years. The risk of ovarian cancer actually decreases. I don't know where you're getting an increase in stroke likelihood, that's rubbish. And only women who are over 35 years of age are advised not to smoke when using b/c pills because it increases the chances of cardiovascular disease. Learn to Google.

What the hell is with you and korat. I said it raises the chances for one type of cancer wasnt sure which, but it does. Perhaps you should learn before you go typing away like a freak. The risk of stroke is not rubbish, it is increased in all age groups, specifically in older over 35. Get your facts straight before you attack moxy.

A woman is like a tea bag: she does not know how strong she is until she is in hot water.

- Nancy Reagan

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Now, now, kids... let's not pollute yet another thread with this stuff...

Ирина и Скотт (Iryna and Scott)

Feb 25, 2008 - Sent K-1 petition to VSC

Feb 25, 2008 - Received NOA1

May 30, 2008 - Received NOA2! Woo-hoo!

Jul 18, 2008 - Interviewed in Kiev. Everything went well!

Jul 24, 2008 - Visa received. Yippee!

Jul 31, 2008 - Visited my girl, and we spent my birthday in Odessa!

Aug 05, 2008 - We both arrive in America. Hooray!

Oct 31, 2008 - Married!

What do you mean pollute? They are obviously trying to entertain!!

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

No, Scott's right. I should have been civil to Korat/Gigii. (And they are the same person.) Despite all of the wrongs that Korat/Gigii has foisted upon someone I cared very deeply about, I should have taken the high road on this forum, but I didn't.

This is all ####### that I wanted to keep off these boards, and by attacking a legitimate (if misguided) post in the way I did, I'm facilitating the behavior. So I retract my previous post, and I apologize for the attack and derailing the thread. If Korat/Gigii wants to participate in the manner these forums were intended for, then so be it. I'm done feeding the troll, and I should never have started. Sorry about that guys.

No, Scott's right. I should have been civil to Korat/Gigii. (And they are the same person.) Despite all of the wrongs that Korat/Gigii has foisted upon someone I cared very deeply about, I should have taken the high road on this forum, but I didn't.

This is all ####### that I wanted to keep off these boards, and by attacking a legitimate (if misguided) post in the way I did, I'm facilitating the behavior. So I retract my previous post, and I apologize for the attack and derailing the thread. If Korat/Gigii wants to participate in the manner these forums were intended for, then so be it. I'm done feeding the troll, and I should never have started. Sorry about that guys.

OMG mox! Medical advice from a guy, and then...I don't know from what. Gigii Koratovich you must not allow this!! Help us stop mad mox from confusing us with this mad medical advice. Mox - BEGONE!!!

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.