http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3217.html

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
I have lost pounds! many many many pounds! ughhhhhhhhhhh

have you been exercising lately Fredy? :) while you were in a holiday ;)

as1cE_-0g410010MDA0NDZzfDAwMDY4NTBzfE1hcnJpZWQgZm9y.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ouch fred, I'm sure your california salary is nice... but I forgot you had to fly them up for the medical and interviews and stuff... owwww, my woman is definitely looking like a cheap date compared to yours now :P

Now back to the important thing... donuts... I really like the custard filled kind (or whatever the yellow pudding like substance is... I've seen people call bevarian creme the white sugar ####### which is nasty as well as the yellow pudding like goodness). Still, no donuts for me (or doughnuts).

I'm making progress on weight loss, though I'm up a few lbs from last week, but I've behaved so I'm fine with that, pants are looser, I have a tendon that is cranky so I'm letting it rest so my exercise isn't as good as it was last week... ask me again friday if I've lost any weight this week hehe (my diet has been very clean, I drank a chocolate milk last friday, it barely qualifies as naughty in terms of the overall diet). I'm a little worried that now that I'm in the groove of diet and exercise that when I go to the phils that my current good habits will be disrupted and it'll be hard to pick them all back up again once I get back. I usually get a fair amount of exercise, but being consistant is where I tend to stray...

Damn, those donuts are getting their second wind... I had a minneola with my lunch and the citris smell was preventing me from having to smell the donuty goodness... but I can smell them again... grrr...

Fred: Come hang out with me, I am certain I could help you gain weight... you just eat the things I WANT to eat but am currently choosing not to eat...

Oh I guess I can share the details......

While I was in the PI, the lady and I decided to go out, hit the clubs, now both of us don't party or drink when we are apart so we have not had a drink since July of 2008! I had 6 beers (SAN MIG LIGHT) mixed with some Pina Colada's. The next day I ate Satti (SPICY FOOD!), pine apple juice (TONS OF IT), Guava, salty chips...When we went to church I had a really high fever, came home and there was a power outage (Power Outage due to muslim rebels bombing a power grid). There was no airconditioning, no fan and I am under the covers shivering, Emilia says OK that's it im taking you to the hospital, taken to hospital, and they discovered I had too much acid, the acid had irritated my stomach and had to be on anti biotics ASAP! BOOOOOOM! I lost all the weight I gained! and now with isolation, deppression, missing Emilia and the kids, it's taking it's toll. But hey interview should be soon, we are closer than when we started. A few more paperwork to finish, remember I have 3 in the petition so more work, hehehehehe!

THERE, that's the details.......

OH OH OH, I also sprained my ankle while I was there too!

YES FOLKS! FREDDY is very injury prone! I'm like a little kid! I love it when people say HEY! your brothers and sisters are cute! I JUST LAUGH!!!!

EVEN Funnier when people ask all of us where our parents are when we are out with the kids! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

PM me for any AP or AR relating to the NBI

USEM NBI Requirements:

Timeline

Gotta watch out for that philippines beer... on my last trip I had some along with unripened mango's and bagoong and wasn't feeling quite right the next day (which was my flight)... the 24 hours on planes and airports probably didn't help but I was pretty sick with a fever for a week (maybe even two)... I don't know for sure which food to blame but I think bagoong and beer are probably off the list for my next visit... I'll stick witht he hard liquor thank you... the kind that's likely to kill anything that might try to kill me! I also rarely drink, once and a while my brother decides to have a BBQ and invites some people and we'll buy a 36 pack of beer or something... and well... somehow that beer lasted over a year (and was drank primarily by various people who were visitting...).

I got a collection of minor injuries (a jeepney scraped my arm, a rusty fence tried to get me but just poked a hole in my shirt... wearing sandals I got some grit like sand between my toes that added with the fact I don't normally wear sandals meant between my toes = pain! and the worst... I stubbed my toe wearing sandals on a rough cement step, it did brutal things to my toe, toenail, etc... also filipino mosquitos apparently LOVE american food, my legs got chewed up... arms and face too but mostly the legs).

Edited by maliciant

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Our case left NVC on the 12th so hopefully it's in London now. Waiting for Packet 3 :)

Application Status

-----------

Package sent : 1st August 2008

I-129F received : 6th August 2008

NOA1 received : 14th August 2008

NOA2 received : 6th January 2009

NOA2 hard copy: 10th January 2009

NVC received: 8th January 2009

Case left NVC: 12th January 2009

Consulate recieved: 26th January 2009

Packet 3 recieved: 30th January 2009

Packet 3 sent back: 5th February 2009

Medical: 23rd February 2009

Packet 4 recieved: 5th March 2009

Interview: 27th March 2009

US entry: 6th April 2009

Marriage: 4th May 2009

AOS filed: 9th July 2009

Biometrics appointment: 15th August 2009

Case transferred to CSC: 25th September

AOS Approved: 3rd November 2009

2 Year Green card recieved: 9th November 2009

Timeline
Gotta watch out for that philippines beer... on my last trip I had some along with unripened mango's and bagoong and wasn't feeling quite right the next day (which was my flight)... the 24 hours on planes and airports probably didn't help but I was pretty sick with a fever for a week (maybe even two)... I don't know for sure which food to blame but I think bagoong and beer are probably off the list for my next visit... I'll stick witht he hard liquor thank you... the kind that's likely to kill anything that might try to kill me! I also rarely drink, once and a while my brother decides to have a BBQ and invites some people and we'll buy a 36 pack of beer or something... and well... somehow that beer lasted over a year (and was drank primarily by various people who were visitting...).

I got a collection of minor injuries (a jeepney scraped my arm, a rusty fence tried to get me but just poked a hole in my shirt... wearing sandals I got some grit like sand between my toes that added with the fact I don't normally wear sandals meant between my toes = pain! and the worst... I stubbed my toe wearing sandals on a rough cement step, it did brutal things to my toe, toenail, etc... also filipino mosquitos apparently LOVE american food, my legs got chewed up... arms and face too but mostly the legs).

Man, life is too rough for you! Your lucky to still be alive! Just the thought of you having to face all that again must be pretty intimidating, so once again, I am going to offer to take your ticket off your hands to save you the pain of all the travel. And since you dont need the beer either, send it with the tickets!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Our timeline:

9/3/08: Submitted I-129

9/5/08: CSC received

9/8/08: NOA1 date

11/12/08: Requested expedite (promised response by 11/17/08)

11/19/08: Received status info by calling USCIS - Additional info sent

12/4/08: Call from CSC & "Touch"

12/4/08 to 12/22/08: Too many calls & faxes to mention, NO RESPONSE!

12/22/08: NOA2 Approval!

12/30/08: NVC forwarded petition to Embassy in Tokyo

12/31/08: Letter from NVC stating they forwarded petition

1/4/09: Received Letter from NVC

1/7/09: Packet Issued from Tokyo Embassy

4/18/09: Tokyo still unable to grant interview, moved to Philippines.

6/22/09: Our daughter was born (more embassy paperwork)

6/30/09: Reqeusted transfer of case to Manila

8/26/09: Visited embassy in Manila AGAIN, personally requested transfer of case (no record in their system)

11/4/09: Case Transferred from Tokyo to Manila - no notice sent

12/5/09: Notification that Manila received the case.

12/30/09: Interview packet received from Manila

1/25/10: Medical check in Manila (took 4 days)

2/1/10: Interview - requested additional docs,

2/2/10: Additional docs submitted, Embassy kept passports - expect visa soon.

4/5/10: Received Visa FINALLY!

4/12/10: Entry to USA

8950.gif

Looks like most of us August filers are already preparing for the medical/interview or at least out of NVC...

For those of us STILL WAITING FOR APPROVAL, like me...this week seems to drag on, doesn't it?

Still hoping for approval this week, I don't understand why it is taking so long...especially since I already received an RFE and I sent it back and they resumed processing since January 6th, 09....most other people with RFE's got approved 1 week after, or at least 2-3 days after their RFE...I hope I am not stuck is some type of security check...

Does anyone know whether they send RFEs initially in the adjudication process or is it after they have reviewed everything that they just send the RFE and then make the decision based on that?

Looking for some comfort as to why no NOA2 yet...

Edited by MARM

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
Looks like most of us August filers are already preparing for the medical/interview or at least out of NVC...

For those of us STILL WAITING FOR APPROVAL, like me...this week seems to drag on, doesn't it?

Still hoping for approval this week, I don't understand why it is taking so long...especially since I already received an RFE and I sent it back and they resumed processing since January 6th, 09....most other people with RFE's got approved 1 week after, or at least 2-3 days after their RFE...I hope I am not stuck is some type of security check...

Does anyone know whether they send RFEs initially in the adjudication process or is it after they have reviewed everything that they just send the RFE and then make the decision based on that?

you have to call them and start bitching....... sorry for the B word :blush:

UpdatedTimeline.jpg

I think I might as well do just that...but I have used every other line on them: "September/October people are being approved", "How much longer after my RFE?"...I have done everything except b&!tch. I don't know what to do. How much longer should I be waiting practically? Until I reach the 180 day (6 month) mark????

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
How much longer should I be waiting practically? Until I reach the 180 day (6 month) mark????

We made an agreement that if we hit 180 days without even a touch, we would call them and start being persistent.. so I think 180 days is good :whistle: Some people do seem to get approved shortly after complaining. Damn that sucks though, I really hope you get yours soon :(

Application Status

-----------

Package sent : 1st August 2008

I-129F received : 6th August 2008

NOA1 received : 14th August 2008

NOA2 received : 6th January 2009

NOA2 hard copy: 10th January 2009

NVC received: 8th January 2009

Case left NVC: 12th January 2009

Consulate recieved: 26th January 2009

Packet 3 recieved: 30th January 2009

Packet 3 sent back: 5th February 2009

Medical: 23rd February 2009

Packet 4 recieved: 5th March 2009

Interview: 27th March 2009

US entry: 6th April 2009

Marriage: 4th May 2009

AOS filed: 9th July 2009

Biometrics appointment: 15th August 2009

Case transferred to CSC: 25th September

AOS Approved: 3rd November 2009

2 Year Green card recieved: 9th November 2009

Timeline

MARM: Honestly I think you have a serious case of the lawyer really botched the hell out of your application, I don't know what the delay is now, but your lawyer made so many mistakes (according to various posts you made) and probably the big one is that question about marriage brokers. I don't know what you can do about the situation now but unfortunately you are far from the only person in the august thread still waiting for an approval. I think at this point maybe 5 or 6 of us are actually at the point of getting to deal with the medical stage of things, I think we're just seeing a lot of people dissappear from the site or just have quit posting until they can post about their NOA2 or something.

Chuck and Grace: I'd give you my tickets but fred never gave me his and he was supposed to... the plus you know... I already booked my fiancee's tickets too so I could get her on the same flight next to me, you'd have to sit next to her on the way back... and I just realized I made a mistake in booking the plane tickets... I booked my fiance to have the window seat since she hasn't flown before... if for whatever reason she doesn't have her visa in time to fly back with me, we'll reschedule... but that'll leave me stuck in the not quite the window and not the isle seat on most of the flight back... I should have booked myself in the window seat (more comfortable for sleeping!) and if she makes the flight swap seats... not like anyone is going to complain (or likely even know) that we swapped since neither of us would complain... oh well, I'm really expecting she'll be with me on the flight back so hopefully that small oversight doesn't come back to get me... it'll be bad enough having to make the return trip alone, this is a little extra insult to injury since I'll have booked myself to suffer a middle seat if it goes wrong (for I think 14 hours on the main flight!)

DONUT UPDATE: Sine it's the end of the day I decided I can get away with a small slice of the donut that has been tempting me all day... someone skimped on the creme cheese... it wasn't worth it... I enjoyed it but it was a little dissappointing too... oh well, no donut updates until tomorrow morning when I return to work... to give day old donut updates!

Edited by maliciant

OK so I am going to wait until the end of this week...and then next week beginning Monday, I will start the b&!tching until they get sick of me and want nothing to do with me...because I don't think it is fair for me to wait the 180 days first...

Who knows if it will work or not...but I am going to do it anyway.

Do you have a number for the Vermont Center. I keep calling the 800-375-5283 and all i get is a live robot, that seems to be reading from a script. WE ARE PROCESSING MARCH 2008.........

Do you have a number for the Vermont Center. I keep calling the 800-375-5283 and all i get is a live robot, that seems to be reading from a script. WE ARE PROCESSING MARCH 2008.........

Even if you get a live person they will probobly tell you the same jargon "YOU ARE STILL WITHIN OR IT STILL HASNT BEEN 6 MONTHS #######"

PM me for any AP or AR relating to the NBI

USEM NBI Requirements:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.