341 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
OK. I just officially checked. When I mailed the packet I copied the address I used onto the receipt and it's RIGHT! I'm seriously so frustrated I'm working on tears. Now I have to wait a week for it to come back before I can mail it again. *sigh*.

I was thinking there were two different addresses depending on the carrier.

One for USPS and another for UPS/FedEx/DHL.

What was your method and which address did you send it to?

May want to check that.

I am sorry to hear your package is being sent back.

At least you are being informed of the status.

as1cE_-0g410010MDA0NDZzfDAwMDY4NTBzfE1hcnJpZWQgZm9y.gif

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
I never got a hard copy letter from USCIS for my NOA1. Does that even matter? only my lawyer got one. But I do have a case number.

I just like to keep it to frame or put in a scrap book.

I also like to keep all these official documents because you never know when someone one day may request an original copy. I dont like depending on others to keep things safe for me.

What if you asked your Lawyer for the original and he/she makes a photo copy to keep with your records there?

Not really sure of any advantages or disadvantages of having the actually hard copy.

Edited by dani&chris

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
I never got a hard copy letter from USCIS for my NOA1. Does that even matter? only my lawyer got one. But I do have a case number.

I also like to keep all these official documents because you never know when someone one day may request an original copy. I dont like depending on others to keep things safe for me.

What if you asked your Lawyer for the original and he/she makes a photo copy to keep with your records there?

Not really sure of any advantages or disadvantages of having the actually hard copy.

I sent it in a brown envelope with bubbles inside, my return address, and wrote I-129F Original Submission on the outside via USPS Certified Mail, no return receipt (as the a$$ at the desk didn't tell me about that).

Sent to

USCIS (but I wrote all this out)

California Service Center

P.O. Box 10130

Laguna Niguel, CA 92607-0130

Of course I haven't gotten the packet back yet so I'll know more when it arrives hopefully. In any case, I'm FedExing that sucker next time!

K-1

9-5-08 Sent I-129F via FedEx

9-13-08 NOA1

12-24-08 NOA2

6-11-09 Civil Ceremony

AOS

7-7-09 Mailed AOS

7-27-09 TRANSFERRED TO CSC

8-29-09 EAD card production ordered/AP Notice Approved

11-9-09 Green Card production ordered

11-19-09 Green Card arrived!

Nov. 2010 Vacation Ireland!

11-9-11 Removal of Conditions

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline
Our check, with no date on it, was cashed on the 25th!

Congrats!

Thank you! =)

I-129F Sent: Aug 20th 2008

Interview Date: April 8th 2009, 10:30 - APPROVED!

K-1 Visa Received: April 9th 2009

POE: Aug 8th 2009, Minneapolis

Wedding: Aug 28th 2009

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Our I-129f was approved in 107 days from our NOA1 date.

Our I-129f was approved in 114 days from our filing date.

Our case spent 52 days being chewed by NVC.

Our interview took 224 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS, AP, EAD filed: Oct 15th 2009

Biometrics: Nov 24th 2009

AP received: Dec 14th 2009

EAD received: Dec 17th 2009

Green Card received: Dec 18th 2009

http://www.badgerella.com/forum

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I sent it in a brown envelope with bubbles inside, my return address, and wrote I-129F Original Submission on the outside via USPS Certified Mail, no return receipt (as the a$$ at the desk didn't tell me about that).

Sent to

P.O. Box 10130

Of course I haven't gotten the packet back yet so I'll know more when it arrives hopefully. In any case, I'm FedExing that sucker next time!

That's your problem then, the P.O. Box address is for USPS only, for UPS you shoul dhave used the other address...

Note: The following address is used for overnight delivery (Federal Express, UPS, etc.) or bonded courier delivery:

24000 Avila Road, 2nd Floor, Room 2312

Laguna Niguel, CA 92677

When I was going to send mine, I filled out the UPS address, when I got to the place they told me I could us USPS to send from there... and I was going to since it seemed to be implied as the preferred way to send things to USCIS... but I had already put the UPS address on the outside so went with that (which was slightly cheaper anyway... though possibly slower). Maybe review the guide one last time for mistakes you may have made in other documents before sending it back out? These little mistakes are torture but a year from now hopefully no one will feel too bad about them.

Edit to add: Our company has a system for sending out mail that automatically addresses things to clients... we switched to a two line address format probably 6 months ago, a bug in the system caused most of those mails to only have one line of our address showing, and of course it wasn't the street address that showed, it was the name of the strip mall the office is located in... it didn't seem to affect our mail and went unnoticed for 4-5 months... we're hardly some major corporation so it's kind of odd we'd get our mail without a problem... but I guess get it to the right zip code and your mailman may recognize your name enough to know where things go).

Edited by maliciant

Timeline

Sent to

P.O. Box 10130

That's your problem then, the P.O. Box address is for USPS only, for UPS you shoul dhave used the other address...

Note: The following address is used for overnight delivery (Federal Express, UPS, etc.) or bonded courier delivery:

24000 Avila Road, 2nd Floor, Room 2312

Laguna Niguel, CA 92677

When I was going to send mine, I filled out the UPS address, when I got to the place they told me I could us USPS to send from there... and I was going to since it seemed to be implied as the preferred way to send things to USCIS... but I had already put the UPS address on the outside so went with that (which was slightly cheaper anyway... though possibly slower). Maybe review the guide one last time for mistakes you may have made in other documents before sending it back out? These little mistakes are torture but a year from now hopefully no one will feel too bad about them.

Edit to add: Our company has a system for sending out mail that automatically addresses things to clients... we switched to a two line address format probably 6 months ago, a bug in the system caused most of those mails to only have one line of our address showing, and of course it wasn't the street address that showed, it was the name of the strip mall the office is located in... it didn't seem to affect our mail and went unnoticed for 4-5 months... we're hardly some major corporation so it's kind of odd we'd get our mail without a problem... but I guess get it to the right zip code and your mailman may recognize your name enough to know where things go).

Read carefully, I used USPS, sent to the post office address.

K-1

9-13-08 NOA1

12-24-08 NOA2

6-11-09 Civil Ceremony

AOS

7-7-09 Mailed AOS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
OK. I just officially checked. When I mailed the packet I copied the address I used onto the receipt and it's RIGHT! I'm seriously so frustrated I'm working on tears. Now I have to wait a week for it to come back before I can mail it again. *sigh*.

I'm sorry, that sucks so bad. :(

(F) G

Date I-129F Sent: 8-4-08
Date I-129F NOA1: 8-6-08
Date I-129F NOA2: 12-214-08
Date left NVC: 1-7-09
Packet 3: 1-23-09
Medical appt: 2-20-09
Packet 3 Returned: 3-8-09
Packet 3 Received at Embassy: 3-10-09
Interview Date: 4-24-09! PASSED :)
Visa In Hand: 4-19-09
POE in San Fran: 8-16-09!
Wedding: 09-09-09
Mailed AOS: 10-22-09 :))) (FINally)
AOS signed for: 10-26-09
Check cashed: 10-30-09
NOA I-797 (Register, EAD and Travel) for both guys: 10-30-09
Biometrics: 11-25-09
Travel Docs approved: 12-11-09
EAD Approval: 12-15-09
Travel Docs received: 12-19-09
EAD Cards received: 12-24-09
AOS Interview: 1-14-10 Passed!!
Cards ordered: 1-21-10
Cards arrived: 1-28-10
Mailed I-751: 10-17-2011
NOA I-751: 10/19/2011
Biometrics: 11/21/2011
RFE: 4-6-2012
RFE: Response sent 4/18/2012
NOA: I-797 5/1/2012
Cards arrived: 5/31/2012

N-400 Naturalization mailed: 11-12-15 :luv::joy:

NOA N-400 received: 11-18-15

Biometrics: 12-10-15
Oath/Citizen!: 03/01/2016
We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love. ~Author Unknown

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone!

I'm a newbee here... we sent our application last Aug. 18... we received the NOA1 after a week,, they got it Aug. 20.

Let's all pray that the CSC will sharpen their jobs to work quickly with our application.

God be with us!

:dance:

Timeline

(F) G

Officially, the $@(%*#(@#$^ at the post office didn't put the sticker that proves I paid postage so it came back postage due. FedEx here I come!!!! Not to mention, since that guy is at that postal branch pretty much every day I'll be having words with him as well.

K-1

9-13-08 NOA1

12-24-08 NOA2

6-11-09 Civil Ceremony

AOS

7-7-09 Mailed AOS

Timeline
Hi everyone!

I'm a newbee here... we sent our application last Aug. 18... we received the NOA1 after a week,, they got it Aug. 20.

Let's all pray that the CSC will sharpen their jobs to work quickly with our application.

God be with us!

:dance:

Welcome to the August waiting room and congratz on beginning your Visa Journey. :thumbs:

I wish you a speedy and error free process.

Timeline
Officially, the $@(%*#(@#$^ at the post office didn't put the sticker that proves I paid postage so it came back postage due. FedEx here I come!!!! Not to mention, since that guy is at that postal branch pretty much every day I'll be having words with him as well.

WOW!

That sucks big time!

Brings a whole new meaning to "going postal".

Im sorry this is what happened but now you know the whole story.

Speak with a supervisor and explain your frustration and how important this was to you.

This is such a silly mistake.

The post office should offer some type of compensation. I know it will not make up for the delay but its something.

Edited by dani&chris

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

(F) G

This is all so hard and frustrating as it is, w/o errors like this adding to it. I recently read in Randy Paush's (sp?) book that brick walls are put in our way to help us see what is most important to us in life. I try to hold on to that thought, plus the words of another VJ'r "these are just moments in time"......unless I'm really disgusted then I just :wacko:

Date I-129F Sent: 8-4-08
Date I-129F NOA1: 8-6-08
Date I-129F NOA2: 12-214-08
Date left NVC: 1-7-09
Packet 3: 1-23-09
Medical appt: 2-20-09
Packet 3 Returned: 3-8-09
Packet 3 Received at Embassy: 3-10-09
Interview Date: 4-24-09! PASSED :)
Visa In Hand: 4-19-09
POE in San Fran: 8-16-09!
Wedding: 09-09-09
Mailed AOS: 10-22-09 :))) (FINally)
AOS signed for: 10-26-09
Check cashed: 10-30-09
NOA I-797 (Register, EAD and Travel) for both guys: 10-30-09
Biometrics: 11-25-09
Travel Docs approved: 12-11-09
EAD Approval: 12-15-09
Travel Docs received: 12-19-09
EAD Cards received: 12-24-09
AOS Interview: 1-14-10 Passed!!
Cards ordered: 1-21-10
Cards arrived: 1-28-10
Mailed I-751: 10-17-2011
NOA I-751: 10/19/2011
Biometrics: 11/21/2011
RFE: 4-6-2012
RFE: Response sent 4/18/2012
NOA: I-797 5/1/2012
Cards arrived: 5/31/2012

N-400 Naturalization mailed: 11-12-15 :luv::joy:

NOA N-400 received: 11-18-15

Biometrics: 12-10-15
Oath/Citizen!: 03/01/2016
We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love. ~Author Unknown

Timeline

(F) G

This is all so hard and frustrating as it is, w/o errors like this adding to it. I recently read in Randy Paush's (sp?) book that brick walls are put in our way to help us see what is most important to us in life. I try to hold on to that thought, plus the words of another VJ'r "these are just moments in time"......unless I'm really disgusted then I just :wacko:

So I went to see the guy at the post office. I held up my packet and he knew exactly what was wrong. He apologized a few times and said it had happened a few times and he was new when I sent it and I said, yeah, well, it took two weeks to get back to me and that's two weeks longer my fiance and I will have to wait before we can get married because of you. And he apologized and said I could come get a reimbursement tomorrow. And I said why tomorrow? And he said cause we're closed right now. While he's standing there with the service window open. And smiling at me the whole time. Grinning in fact.

I feel so deflated.

K-1

9-13-08 NOA1

12-24-08 NOA2

6-11-09 Civil Ceremony

AOS

7-7-09 Mailed AOS

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone! :D

My fiancee and I would like to say hello and will be on this journey with all of you for the next...who knows...amount of months. We filed on Aug 25 at CSC and we have recieved the NOA1 :dance: . We look forward to sharing some good information with all of you.

Still trying to figure out how you guys are making that status of your case show up on your messages....hmmmmmmm....bye for now!

08-21-2008 Mailed I-129F Package (via USPS)

08-25-2008 NOA1 (This is the date on the I-797, did not recieve it in my mail til Aug 29)

12/18/2008 NOA2

12/24/2008 Received at NVC

01/05/2009 Received at USE Manila

01/07/2009 Scheduled Interview (1/21/09)

01/12/2009 Medical Appointment SLEC (Passed: Done by 1:30pm)

01/21/2009 Interview at U.S. Embassy - APPROVED!

02/13/2009 Visa Delivered

03/21/2009 Ann has arrived

AOS, EAD, AP, Petition

03/14/2011 AOS, EAD, AP, Petition mailed by Priority Mail through USPS

03/16/2011 Delivery Confirmation USPS

04/22/2011 NOA1 Emails(3) Received and check cashed (I-485, I-765, I-131)

04/29/2011 Check Cashed for I-130 Petition (We are petitioning our son, he is 13 yrs old)

05/02/2011 Biometric Appointment Letter for May 25 (But we will do a walk-in this week)

05/04/2011 Biometric Completed today.

05/14/2011 Email and Text of I131 Travel Document is APPROVED

05/14/2011 Email and Text of I765 Employment Authorization "Ordered Production of New Card Ordered"

05/16/2011 Email and Text and Rcv'd Appt Letter in the mail for June 16

05/19/2011 EAD card received in the mail today!!

06/16/2011 AOS Interview COMPLETED -SUCCESSFUL

06/17/2011 Email/Text Card Production - APPROVED

06/20/2011 Received SS card in the mail today

06/27/2011 Received Green Card in Hand today!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.