FaSa2008

I 693 For people tha have already had the complete medical overseas

16 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

Hi all:

If someone could explain what do i have to tell the civil surgeon when making an appt for the medical examination?

My husband who came here with the Fiance visa, had the medical exam in peru already, what do i do in that case? i know he doesnt have to have the full exam and the civil surgeon needs to fill out the form with the vaccinations form given in Peru, We dont have to pay the full 150 dollars that they want to charge or yes!?

Help in tellin me your experiences on AOS medical

Thanks

Edited by FaSa2008

Visa I 130 for Step Daughter

Sept 2010-- Getting documents ready. sent BC out for translation.

March 1st 2012-- Sent documents to USCIS

June 15th 2012 EMAIL OF APPROVAL !!

Dec 15th 2012 -- Interview scheduled ( 1-23-2013)

Jan 9th 2013--Medical Exam

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I took vaccination record to a C.S. along with I-485 directions, the doctor did the vaccination record transfer to I-693 for $35.

May be more now with the new requirement of TB skin test.

A full medical is NOT a requirement for AOS from a K-Visa only the vaccination part of I-693 is.

Recently USCIS has updated form I-693 with updated directions for Civil Surgeons explicitly explaining that ALL K-Visas do not need a full physical.

I-693:

2. What if I am a K nonimmigrant visa holder and already had a medical exam overseas?

If you were admitted as a:

A. K-1 fiancé(e) or a K-2 child of a K-1 fiancé(e), or as a

B. K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen or a K-4 child of a K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen, and

C. You received a medical examination prior to admission, then-

a. You are not required to have another medical examination as long as your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, is filed within one year of your overseas medical examination.

b. You will, however, be required to complete Part 1, Information about you, and submit the vaccination section of Part 2 with your adjustment of status application. A designated civil surgeon must complete the vaccination section and Part 5, the Civil Surgeon's Certification.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-693instr.pdf

And form I-485 directions have this:

8. Fiancé(e)s.

If you are a K-1 fiancé(e) or K-2 dependent who had a medical examination within the past year as required for the nonimmigrant fiancé(e) visa, you only need to submit a vaccination supplement, not the entire medical report. You may include the vaccination supplement with your adjustment-of-status application.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-485instr.pdf

Bring vaccination record, or get immigrations related vaccinations and get the record transfered to the I-693 by a US civil surgeon.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline

He already had the tb done in Peru, where does it said he needs to get it also here?!

thanks

I took vaccination record to a C.S. along with I-485 directions, the doctor did the vaccination record transfer to I-693 for $35.

A full medical is NOT a requirement for AOS from a K-Visa only the vaccination part of I-693 is.

Recently USCIS has updated form I-693 with updated directions for Civil Surgeons explicitly explaining that ALL K-Visas do not need a full physical.

I-693:

2. What if I am a K nonimmigrant visa holder and already had a medical exam overseas?

B. K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen or a K-4 child of a K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen, and

a. You are not required to have another medical examination as long as your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, is filed within one year of your overseas medical examination.

b. You will, however, be required to complete Part 1, Information about you, and submit the vaccination section of Part 2 with your adjustment of status application. A designated civil surgeon must complete the vaccination section and Part 5, the Civil Surgeon's Certification.

8. Fiancé(e)s.

If you are a K-1 fiancé(e) or K-2 dependent who had a medical examination within the past year as required for the nonimmigrant fiancé(e) visa, you only need to submit a vaccination supplement, not the entire medical report. You may include the vaccination supplement with your adjustment-of-status application.

Bring vaccination record, or get immigrations related vaccinations and get the record transfered to the I-693 by a US civil surgeon.

Timeline
He already had the tb done in Peru, where does it said he needs to get it also here?!

thanks

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...0004718190aRCRD

If was an x-ray, then a skin test may be needed in the USA for AOS

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Unfortunately, most CS don't understand the difference for K1's, and as soon as they hear immigration & medical, they think you need the full medical exam and want to charge $$$$$$$$$$. I had to argue with many of them, to tell them it wasnt required for AOS on a K1, the CS's argued back that it is.

You simply need to find one that knows his/her stuff, and knows that only the supplement vaccination records are required. Do a lot of calling :)

12140.gif

Timeline
Unfortunately, most CS don't understand the difference for K1's, and as soon as they hear immigration & medical, they think you need the full medical exam and want to charge $$$$$$$$$$. I had to argue with many of them, to tell them it wasnt required for AOS on a K1, the CS's argued back that it is.

You simply need to find one that knows his/her stuff, and knows that only the supplement vaccination records are required. Do a lot of calling :)

What amazes me is the number of posts related to I-693.

There is a PINNED post at the top of the AOS forum all about this, and it details a doctor in TX that will do it by mail.

Note from reading this doctor has raised the fee to $20 or so.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showforum=7

Hi,

Yes I agree, most of the CS have no idea about K1 holder and they want to make us pass the full med exam. Try a lot of calling, even with that, you are not garanteed to make them understand.. I called all the CS in the state where I am going to live, and none knew about K1 and they didn't want just to sign vaccination part of I-693. So I took an appointment and hopefully they will agree to do what is necessary. I am going to bring with me to the appointment the docs where USCIS state that a full med exam isn't required for K1 if they had their med exam overseas.

I had my med exam in France on june 6th, but the CS and US embassy didn't know about the new TB requirements. So I had the TST done by my family doctor in France. So I wonder what to do with the CS in the US... As I don't have full med to repass, but I didn't take the TST at the med exam in France for K1, I will need the CS in the US to fill out the TB part of I-693 aswell, in addition to the vaccination record, right? Or should I just have my vaccination record filled out by the CS in the US and just send to USCIS a proof of TB test done?

Any ideas?

:blush:

Thanks

Faustine

K1 journey:

I129F sent mid-october 2007

I129F received by CSV: 10/19/07

NOA1 received early March and NOA2 received on March 19th!! We got APPROVED!!

File received by NVC and sent to US Embassy in Paris: 03/10/2008

05/06/2008: I sent the packet 3 to the embassy.

05/22/2008: Packet 4 received!

06/10/2008: Medical examination in Paris.

06/17/2008: INTERVIEW: Visa approved!!

08/31/2008: WEDDING

AOS journey:

09/05/2008: AOS/EAD/AP sent to Chicago

09/11/2008: Notice date for I-485, I-131 and I-765

10/16/2008: SSA finally gave me a SSN!!

11/17/2008: AP received and EAD approved!

11/20/2008: Biometrics appointment AND Green card interview in Fairbanks.

12/29/2008: I went to my local office to regive my biometrics. And my EAD card has finally been issued!!

01/12/2009: EAD received!! Finally

02/09/2009: GC received in the mail :) Anniversary is 01/29/11

Removal of conditions:

11/09/10: Divorced

11/18/10: Sent I-751 to CSV

11/30/10: Receipt notice received in the mail

12/30/10: Called USCIS as no news for 1 month after NOA1

1/10/11: Emailed from USCIS about my call: "The process for fingerprint appointment scheduling has been requested."

1/13/11: NOA2 ASC appointment notice

2/3/11: Biometrics at local office (NOA2 recieved on 2/2/11!!!)

2/16/11: Date of decision: APPROVED

2/24/11: Card in hand

Timeline

I completely agree! Make a lot of phone calls. I did, and it cost $25 to do the transcription.

What amazes me is the number of posts related to I-693.

There is a PINNED post at the top of the AOS forum all about this, and it details a doctor in TX that will do it by mail.

Note from reading this doctor has raised the fee to $20 or so.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showforum=7

I think that part of the reason that recently there has been a lot of questions in regards to the I-693 is that the pinned thread at the top of the AOS forum was incorrect for a while. It was recently corrected. (From I-693A to I-693 = new requirements as of June 2008.)

Hi,

Yes I agree, most of the CS have no idea about K1 holder and they want to make us pass the full med exam. Try a lot of calling, even with that, you are not garanteed to make them understand.. I called all the CS in the state where I am going to live, and none knew about K1 and they didn't want just to sign vaccination part of I-693. So I took an appointment and hopefully they will agree to do what is necessary. I am going to bring with me to the appointment the docs where USCIS state that a full med exam isn't required for K1 if they had their med exam overseas.

I had my med exam in France on june 6th, but the CS and US embassy didn't know about the new TB requirements. So I had the TST done by my family doctor in France. So I wonder what to do with the CS in the US... As I don't have full med to repass, but I didn't take the TST at the med exam in France for K1, I will need the CS in the US to fill out the TB part of I-693 aswell, in addition to the vaccination record, right? Or should I just have my vaccination record filled out by the CS in the US and just send to USCIS a proof of TB test done?

Any ideas?

:blush:

Thanks

Faustine

Here's a quote from the USCIS link that Yu/Dan posted above in regards to the TB/vaccinations/I-693 question...

Q. I had my medical exam completed before the new TB or vaccination requirements went into effect, and have not yet submitted it to USCIS, or I have submitted it but it has not yet been reviewed. Am I now required to have a new medical exam that meets the new TB and/or vaccination requirements before I can adjust status?

Generally, no. When reviewing a Form I-693, USCIS will note the date the exam was conducted and refer to the Technical Instructions, medical requirements, and form edition that were in effect at that particular time, remembering that for each revision of the Technical Instructions there was a 30-day grace period. If the civil surgeon conducted the medical exam properly and in keeping with the exam requirements and form edition in effect on that particular date, there is no need to return for a second exam or to have the results recorded on a newer edition of Form I-693, as long as you submit the Form I-693 before its one-year expiration.

AOS & getting the SSN & the I-693

6/13/08 Applied for SSN for David ----- TRIP 1; 6/23/08 Went back to SSA 'cuz the person didn't pc all documents (rec'd letter from them) ----- TRIP 2

7/2/08 Received David's health insurance cards! Yay!

7/3/08 Went back to SSA; they said come back 7/9 if he still hasn't received it ----- TRIP 3

7/8/08 Got list of vaccines he still needed from CS by fax/phone; tested for immunity to MMR (only vaccine still needed) at our family dr

7/9 & 7/10/08 Went back to SSA, card still not received - Denied opportunity to apply for replacement ----- TRIP 4; Went back to SSA again to apply for a replacement card - Talked to a supervisor this time, POE people entered his last name incorrectly ----- TRIP 5; went to get David's ID thru the State, denied - instructions wrong on website; measles test inconclusive, another test needed; requested new lease

7/14/08 SSA called me in regards to problems at local SSA office

7/15/08 INFOPASS appt to fix POE name input error and then went to airport to fix POE name error

7/17/08 Received SSN card in mail and went to get state ID

7/21/08 State ID received in the mail and tested again for measles immunity

7/29/08 MMR shot #2 given and dropped off papers at Civil Surgeon (CS)

7/31/08 Picked up I-693, completed by local CS, (I paid $25, don't be fooled)

8/3 - 8/6/08 Worked on forms I-485, G-325A, I-864, I-765 and I-131; sent to Chicago - YESSS!

8/11/08 NOA1 for AOS, EAD and AP; 9/2/08 Transfered to CSC; 9/4/08 Biometrics

10/24/08 Rec'd AP; 10/27/08 Rec'd EAD; 11/24/08 Rec'd GC

Timeline
Hi all:

If someone could explain what do i have to tell the civil surgeon when making an appt for the medical examination?

My husband who came here with the Fiance visa, had the medical exam in peru already, what do i do in that case? i know he doesnt have to have the full exam and the civil surgeon needs to fill out the form with the vaccinations form given in Peru, We dont have to pay the full 150 dollars that they want to charge or yes!?

Thanks

Hi FaSa!

Tell the Civil Surgeon that you want your vaccinations transcribed onto the I-693. I paid $25. Just keep calling until you talk to someone knowledgeable.

You may need more vaccinations. David did; we went and had them done by our family doctor here in the States and then later brought back all the papers to the Civil Surgeon to transcribe. (See my experience in my signature below.)

6/13/08 Applied for SSN for David ----- TRIP 1; 6/23/08 Went back to SSA 'cuz the person didn't pc all documents (rec'd letter from them) ----- TRIP 2

7/3/08 Went back to SSA; they said come back 7/9 if he still hasn't received it ----- TRIP 3

7/8/08 Got list of vaccines he still needed from CS by fax/phone; tested for immunity to MMR (only vaccine still needed) at our family dr

7/9 & 7/10/08 Went back to SSA, card still not received - Denied opportunity to apply for replacement ----- TRIP 4; Went back to SSA again to apply for a replacement card - Talked to a supervisor this time, POE people entered his last name incorrectly ----- TRIP 5; went to get David's ID thru the State, denied - instructions wrong on website; measles test inconclusive, another test needed; requested new lease

7/15/08 INFOPASS appt to fix POE name input error and then went to airport to fix POE name error

8/3 - 8/6/08 Worked on forms I-485, G-325A, I-864, I-765 and I-131; sent to Chicago - YESSS!

Timeline

Yu and Dan

Now that i ve made an appt to see the Civil Surgeon, do i need to tell him to also fill out part 2 of part 2 since the new TB requirements came into place?

my understanding is that not only the transfer of vaccinations needs to be done but also skin tb test...and for that matter the CS needs to fill out part to of part 2 ?

:whistle:

Thanks

I-693:

8. Fiancé(e)s.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Hi, i am going tomorrow to see a doctor from austin and i am taking my vaccination paper from lima, the I-693 form and the instructions of I-693.

by phone they say it is 35 dollars that i consider reasonable.

what is all this stuff about TBC skin test, how much it costs and how long it takes? is it mandatory??????

thanks, and byeeee!!!!

Hi all:

Thanks

Timeline

YES ITS A NEW REQUIRMENT =( WE NEED TO GET IT DONE!!

IM GOING TO THE CIVIL SURGEON TOMORROW! =)

GOOD LUCK LET ME KNOW HOW IT WENT!

=)

Hi, i am going tomorrow to see a doctor from austin and i am taking my vaccination paper from lima, the I-693 form and the instructions of I-693.

what is all this stuff about TBC skin test, how much it costs and how long it takes? is it mandatory??????

thanks, and byeeee!!!!

Hi all:

Thanks

Timeline
Yu and Dan

Now that i ve made an appt to see the Civil Surgeon, do i need to tell him to also fill out part 2 of part 2 since the new TB requirements came into place?

my understanding is that not only the transfer of vaccinations needs to be done but also skin tb test...and for that matter the CS needs to fill out part to of part 2 ?

:whistle:

Thanks

Hi FaSa!

You had your medical exam done before the dates for the TB requirements, therefore you do not need to be in compliance with them. Here is the info from the USCIS website...

Date of Medical Exam

Do I have to submit the revised Form I-693?

Does the medical exam have to be done in accordance with the new TB requirements?

Do I have to receive the new vaccines (if age appropriate?)

Before June 1, 2008

No

No

No

June 1 – July 31, 2008

Yes Edition dates 4/2/08 and 6/5/08 are acceptable

Yes

No

On or after Aug. 1, 2008

Yes - must submit Edition date 6/5/08

Yes

Yes

thanks, and byeeee!!!!

When did you have your medical done? See the above info in regards to the TB test. Didn't you have your exam done before June 1st??

=)

Hi FaSa, I hope that you didn't have to pay for this extra stuff...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

=)

Well i went last friday for my medical. first, as expected, they wanted to do a full medical so i showed them the instructions that they also had. looks like they understood and took my vaccination report. the bad part is that the vaccines i got in Peru (tetanus with something else and thyfus with something else, are supposed to be reinforced 30 days after the first shot so they asked me to get the reinforcement to sign the papers..... nothing about TBC skin tests....... at the end of the day i finished paying about 130 dollars.

they gave me a closed envelope that i think contains the form with my information, signature, transcript and doctor signature too.

Timeline
You may need more vaccinations. David did; we went and had them done by our family doctor here in the States and then later brought back all the papers to the Civil Surgeon to transcribe. (See my experience in my signature below.)

Yeah, David needed more too. They were from the old list of vaccinations (as opposed to the new requirements). A 2nd round of MMR...

Well i went last friday for my medical. first, as expected, they wanted to do a full medical so i showed them the instructions that they also had. looks like they understood and took my vaccination report. the bad part is that the vaccines i got in Peru (tetanus with something else and thyfus with something else, are supposed to be reinforced 30 days after the first shot so they asked me to get the reinforcement to sign the papers..... nothing about TBC skin tests....... at the end of the day i finished paying about 130 dollars.

they gave me a closed envelope that i think contains the form with my information, signature, transcript and doctor signature too.

Whew! Glad that you had your papers to show them that you didn't need the entire medical!

They were SUPPOSED to give you a copy of the papers. It says so right on the papers. I hope they did... Yep. It's got exactly those things. Our CS gave us a copy and that is exactly what it contains.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.