jab1976

K1 AND PREGNANCY.

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

HELLO EVERYONE, I HAVE A QUESTION TO ASK, I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT WOULD HAPPEN TO THE K1 PETITION PROCESS IF THE FIANCEE BECOMES PREGNANT, HOW WOULD THIS AFFECT THE PROCESS, WILL IT SPEED IT UP, OR SLOW IT DOWN, POSSIBLY DENY THE PETITION. WE ARE CURRENTLY WAITING FOR OUR NOA2. THANK YOU

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : 2008-03-14

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-03-18

I-129F RFE(s) : none

RFE Reply(s) : none

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-02

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Chicago IL

Date Filed : 2010-01-14

NOA Date : 2010-01-21

Employment Authorization Document

Event Date

CIS Office : Chicago IL

Filing Method : Mail

Filing Instance : First

Date Filed : 2010-01-14

NOA Date : 2010-01-21

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
HELLO EVERYONE, I HAVE A QUESTION TO ASK, I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT WOULD HAPPEN TO THE K1 PETITION PROCESS IF THE FIANCEE BECOMES PREGNANT, HOW WOULD THIS AFFECT THE PROCESS, WILL IT SPEED IT UP, OR SLOW IT DOWN, POSSIBLY DENY THE PETITION. WE ARE CURRENTLY WAITING FOR OUR NOA2. THANK YOU

If anything it will slow it down and subject you to more scrutiny. In order to get the baby a US passport, you may also need a DNA test. If the visa will be issued before the birth, the Consulate will probably want a signed statement from the petitioner that he knows about the pregnancy and if he claims it's his, he better be able to document he was there when she conceived. A translated doctor statement of due date is a good idea too.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

My fiance we pregnant when we filled our petition. Our documents didnt mention the baby because she is a US citizen and it will not effect the processing of your visa with the exception of the affidavit of support (you need to now show ability to provide for one more). Perhaps the difference you have is that your baby will not be born until after the process is completed? Our little girl was born half way through the filing.

Regarding getting your baby his/her passport you may need to provide proof of paternity through a DNA test, but in my case it was not necessary. I just went to the embassy with my little girl and fiance and said "I need a passport for my newborn" they asked me a few questions about how we met and needed proof that we were together during conception (my passport worked for that). A few weeks later we got her passport.

Wish the best to you and your new family! PM me if you have more questions about what to do or anything else.

~Josh

AOS Timeline:

12/23/08 AOS Package Sent

12/26/08 Package Received at Chicago Lock-Box

01/05/09 Check Cashed

01/27/09 Biometrics

05/12/09 Interview

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I think pushbrk's reply is a real one. My fiancee has just become pregnant during my recent visit and we are struggling with what exactly to do to speed up the K1 visa process. Here's where we're at; she has interviewed but the visa was denied until we provided them with proof of my EX-WIFEs address and ex-wifes nationality. Crazy request. But we provided this evidence within 2 weeks from date of her interview. They then said we'll be intouch with you and you need not provide anymore documentation. Its been 4 months since this response. Our calls to the consulate in HCMC get a response that says nothing more than we have not processed your documents yet. They will not tell us when they may process them.

In an attempt to speed things along and see my wife, I traveled to Vietnam and spent sept 2008 there. Requested to meet with a consular officer in person and in writing, both were denied.I returned to the US alone.

Eight days after my return, my wife verified she was pregnant by going to the hospital and getting a blood test and ultrasound. Blood tested positive but ultrasound shows nothing, as it should since she is only 2 weeks pregnant by the doctors estimate.

We are elated and feel very lucky, but now we are concerned that this may only complicate things and make the process even longer. I can find little information on what exactly to do but we've decided to send the doctors tests and report in as evidence of our relationship, and Im sending a letter declaring my elation over my fiancee's pregnancy as well as supporting evidence of my stay during the time of conception.

If anyone has any further knowledge or info on this subject I would be very grateful for it.

I am a US citizen, my fiancee is Vietnamese.

Brian & Hanh

"IF" If she isn't yet. Keep it that way.

If she is you should have posted this before.

Edited by Haole

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Do they always ask about your ex wife and husband? what kind of proof do they need? I am in the process of applying K1 visa for my fiancee. I am just wondering cuz I was married before and I am still using his resident? will this be a problem? thanks

Timeline

10/05/09 - I-485, I-131, I-765 package sent

10/14/09 - Received NOA 1

10/16/09 - Check cashed by INS

still waiting for biometric

11/16/09 - Called INS customer service for service request on biometric appt

11/20/09 - Received biometric appt (Finally) notice date 11/3/09, sent on 11/18/09

11/23/09 - Walked in Biometric Appt in ASC Pomona, CA (scheduled for 12/3/09)

11/23/09 - I-485 & I-765 touched, No update on I-131 :(

11/24/09 - Received e-mail of approval notice on I-131, EAD card ordered, I-485 touched

11/25/09 - I-131 & I-765 touched

11/26/09 - I-131 touched

11/27/09 - I-131 touched

11/27/09 - Received another biometric appt letter for 12/3/09

11/28/09 - Received AP document in the mail

12/01/09 - I-765 touched, received e-mail I-765 approved

12/02/09 - I-765 touched

12/05/09 - Received Interview notification on 01/06/10

12/10/09 - Received e-mail I-765 card undelivarable :(

12/11/09 - Called USCIS, service request was placed (hope to get the EAD soon)

12/14/09 - Received e-mail, EAD card was re-send

12/16/09 - Received EAD card on hand

01/06/10 - GC approved YAY!!!!

01/19/10 - Received GC in the mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.