Leyla

Trying to focus on me and not others now

14 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Last night I went to see the Dark Knight (again!) with my friends. It was nice to be out and to relax. I did have trouble sleeping last night though. The butterflies are keeping me awake! :)

Update: Tarik's flight will leave Casablanca at 8am Casa time, go to Paris and then fly to ..... Atlanta(? Not sure why it's Atlanta). Has anyone ever had their fiance/husband come through Atlanta? What is the POE like? Then he has a 5 hour layover in Atlanta :wacko:. Then he flys to Columbus! (I think he's getting in at midnight).

Possible good news: I was talking to the man that is going to marry me and Tarik. I think there is a way to get the marriage license AT THE MOSQUE!!! INSHAALLAH!! Everyone at the mosque is getting excited for this marriage! That makes me feel so happy!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

I'll keep posting updates. I never thought I would be this jittery! Even though I have SO MUCH to do (ie: my job, my OTHER job and cleaning the apartment and getting Henna and having a bridal shower) My heart is racing all the time and I can't think about anything except the moment I see him coming down the stairs at CMH! OMG! OMG!

12531741_bodyshot_300x400.gif6783001_bodyshot_300x400.gif

th_Photo234.jpgth_n12419841_46691023_7582.jpgth_n12419841_46531579_2583.jpgth_n12419841_45773452_4168.jpg

th_l_c84498a71b1eeba4d00cd9963dd0a85a.gif

kb7wan37jt.png

The five hour layover might turn out to be a good thing. Atlanta is huge and takes time to get from one terminal to another. also getting through immigration can take time. He might need only an hour, and have to sit and wait for 4, but if the plane is delayed in landing, the lines at immigration are long, you will be happy for the layover!

Keep doing things that are fun and keep your mind occupied. Once he is here all these feelings will disappear and you won;t even remember much of it! (in a good way)!

It's wonderful to see you excited! :dance::dance::dance:

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Last night I went to see the Dark Knight (again!) with my friends. It was nice to be out and to relax. I did have trouble sleeping last night though. The butterflies are keeping me awake! :)

Update: Tarik's flight will leave Casablanca at 8am Casa time, go to Paris and then fly to ..... Atlanta(? Not sure why it's Atlanta). Has anyone ever had their fiance/husband come through Atlanta? What is the POE like? Then he has a 5 hour layover in Atlanta :wacko: . Then he flys to Columbus! (I think he's getting in at midnight).

Possible good news: I was talking to the man that is going to marry me and Tarik. I think there is a way to get the marriage license AT THE MOSQUE!!! INSHAALLAH!! Everyone at the mosque is getting excited for this marriage! That makes me feel so happy!! :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

I'll keep posting updates. I never thought I would be this jittery! Even though I have SO MUCH to do (ie: my job, my OTHER job and cleaning the apartment and getting Henna and having a bridal shower) My heart is racing all the time and I can't think about anything except the moment I see him coming down the stairs at CMH! OMG! OMG!

I came through Atlanta last saturday, its very busy and slow so the layover is ideal.

Sal and Jay

K1 - Complete
AOS - Complete
EAD - Complete
AP - Complete
ROC - Complete

N400-Complete

I am a United States citizen!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I always suggest a 3 to 5 hour lay over for international flights when changing planes especially... to many people have missed there flights thinking they can just walk on to the next plane... so don't worry he'll be fine insha'allah.

Has he flown before??? Mine hasn't when he does come over I think i'll fly over and bring him back insha'allah lol... don't need my man getting confused before he even touch u.s. soil.

Rajaa

I always suggest a 3 to 5 hour lay over for international flights when changing planes especially... to many people have missed there flights thinking they can just walk on to the next plane... so don't worry he'll be fine insha'allah.

Has he flown before??? Mine hasn't when he does come over I think i'll fly over and bring him back insha'allah lol... don't need my man getting confused before he even touch u.s. soil.

Rajaa

My husband flew Air France through Paris in part because he felt if he had any problems at least there would be no communication problems. Air France has non-stop to Houston too. I liked that the POE was home rater than NYC.

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

Update: Tarik's flight will leave Casablanca at 8am Casa time, go to Paris and then fly to ..... Atlanta(? Not sure why it's Atlanta). Has anyone ever had their fiance/husband come through Atlanta? What is the POE like? Then he has a 5 hour layover in Atlanta :wacko:. Then he flys to Columbus! (I think he's getting in at midnight).

Possible good news: I was talking to the man that is going to marry me and Tarik. I think there is a way to get the marriage license AT THE MOSQUE!!! INSHAALLAH!! Everyone at the mosque is getting excited for this marriage! That makes me feel so happy!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

I live in Atlanta and gone through it many times. I am always upset how long it takes so really the 5 hour layover is ideal. Its takes me at least 1 hr and half just to get through the lines and another 1 hour to get your luggage. But since he does not have to claim his baggage it should be fine. I love Atlanta but OMG the airport is CRAZY!!!!

Good Luck and happy reunion!!!! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Sheila

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline

Update: Tarik's flight will leave Casablanca at 8am Casa time, go to Paris and then fly to ..... Atlanta(? Not sure why it's Atlanta). Has anyone ever had their fiance/husband come through Atlanta? What is the POE like? Then he has a 5 hour layover in Atlanta :wacko: . Then he flys to Columbus! (I think he's getting in at midnight).

Possible good news: I was talking to the man that is going to marry me and Tarik. I think there is a way to get the marriage license AT THE MOSQUE!!! INSHAALLAH!! Everyone at the mosque is getting excited for this marriage! That makes me feel so happy!! :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

I live in Atlanta and gone through it many times. I am always upset how long it takes so really the 5 hour layover is ideal. Its takes me at least 1 hr and half just to get through the lines and another 1 hour to get your luggage. But since he does not have to claim his baggage it should be fine. I love Atlanta but OMG the airport is CRAZY!!!!

Good Luck and happy reunion!!!! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

He will have to get his luggage because that is his POE.

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

It's all good. Layover or no, you are seeing each other soon. It is (for a time) all down hill from here! No worries!

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

How exciting! He will be fine. As others said a long layover on an int'l flight is better than scrambling around.

Wishing you the best in your new life together!

Lisa

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
going through customs is no picnic...you're in a long line like you are waiting to get on a ride at the amusement park.

Ooo! There's a roller coaster at customs?! haha

12531741_bodyshot_300x400.gif6783001_bodyshot_300x400.gif

th_Photo234.jpgth_n12419841_46691023_7582.jpgth_n12419841_46531579_2583.jpgth_n12419841_45773452_4168.jpg

th_l_c84498a71b1eeba4d00cd9963dd0a85a.gif

kb7wan37jt.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
going through customs is no picnic...you're in a long line like you are waiting to get on a ride at the amusement park.

Ooo! There's a roller coaster at customs?! haha

Yep they kept me waiting an hour in customs, while they checked the brown envelope.

Sal and Jay

K1 - Complete
AOS - Complete
EAD - Complete
AP - Complete
ROC - Complete

N400-Complete

I am a United States citizen!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.