Leyla

Booking the flight and getting nervous/excited/stressed/happy

17 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Wow I can't believe that in ONE WEEK Tarik will be here. OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!! Wallahi I am stressing! My heart rate has definately increased by a couple beats a minute.

When Tarik gets to the US (he's going to come in through Newark, New Jersey) what does he need? The consulate gave him a packet of papers and told him not to open it. They said it's for the immigration officers when he gets here. Does he need anything else on his person? Or just the packet and Passport/Visa?

Today Tarik is getting his plane ticket so things are OFFICIALLY in motion! Wow Wow Wow! Seriously, I can feel my heart beating faster already! It sucks that his flight is 16 hours (he has a layover in Paris). We could have booked a 12 hour flight from Casa to NYC to Columbus a few days ago but we didn't. Oh well. I am so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

THEN ON 08/08/08 th Olympics start... but thats not all... I'M GETTING MARRIED THAT DAY TOO!!! WOW! In a week I will be married!!!

(L) (L) (L) (L) (L) (L) (L)

12531741_bodyshot_300x400.gif6783001_bodyshot_300x400.gif

th_Photo234.jpgth_n12419841_46691023_7582.jpgth_n12419841_46531579_2583.jpgth_n12419841_45773452_4168.jpg

th_l_c84498a71b1eeba4d00cd9963dd0a85a.gif

kb7wan37jt.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I can understand completely the emotions that are running through your veins now. I have the same!!!! It is now half a day left before my husband gets on the plane for his long haul home to us. He has contacted me 20 times already today regarding what he is bringing, talk about emotional level on his end is out of control. He keeps asking me if he can bring things on the plane, I tell him just pack it in the check luggage and you'll be fine (I hope that is right) plus I am so scared for him to hang out at JFK all night Friday to wait until the morning flight leaves :crying: but it was the only way since I had bad experience getting though JKF immigration lines and waiting for bags (just bags alone took 1 hr!!!!!). I tried to tell him about how nervous I was for him on this and he says don't worry then I cleverly reminded him how nervous he was for me when we stayed overnight in Paris (but at a hotel) then he said its because I am women with children this is why (he will be slapped :wacko:). The real reason he keeps calling me is because he is so nervous and excited to finally be with us, he said when we went on our honeymoon (he flew I meet him there) he did not feel this way, the big reason is because he moving his residency somewhere else, some strange country that you have to adapt to. On top of he is going to be a father in a like four more weeks so if he wasn't nervous about coming and that then he would have some other problems. I do not know if this post helps you in anyway but its all normal feelings trust me. What are the plans for the wedding? How will it be done? I love seeing pictures of weddings....... Edited by samira_07

Samira and Jaouad

K3 and AOS

8-13-07: Sent package with I-129F to CSC overnight

9-25-07: NOA 1 recv

3-04-08: Approval Notice Sent

5-15-08:Interview Date

07-28-08:Visa Received (AP Hell 73 days)

08-02-08:US Entry (K-3)

08-05-08: Sent EAD package to CSC

12-07-08: Finally recvd EAD

04-20-09: AOS sent

07-23-09: AOS Interview-APPROVED!

Next file for Naturalization!

.png

and our family keeps growing and growing.....

x5Kpm8.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Congrats to the both of you for your so's coming home!!!!! How excited i know you are!!! I remember the day that Kamal came home, i almost knocked him down when i ran to him i was so happy to see him!!! :dance::dance::dance:

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Congratulations to you both :star: My husband also came thru Newark with no problems ;)

Best wishes to to you both :dance:

SUE & NASR. EDDINE

Married March 25, 2004 - Tunis, Tunisia

Timelines are now in profile

02/23/05- Husband arrives............POE Newark, NJ!

CITIZENSHIP

02/23/09 - mailed citizenship papers to Lewisville, TX - priority mail

02/26/09 - received at TX

03/04/09 - Service Center deposits check

03/04/09 - NOA date

03/06/09 - check posted to my account

03/09/09 - NOA received in mail

06/04/09 - called Customer Service - in regards to not receiving bio appointment

06/13/09 - received letter in regards to my inquiry to Customer Service - stating husband had recently missed biometric appointment (never received a notice in mail) - going to be rescheduled - letter dated 06/05/09

06/17/09 - received Notice for biometrics appointment - dated 06/12/09

06/26/09 - Biometrics Appointment - St. Albans, VT

08/20/09 - Received Interview Appointment Letter

10/05/09 - Interview - Albany, NY- PASSED

10/23/09 - Oath Ceremony - Fort Edward, NY

01/28/10 - applied for US Passport

02/19/10 - received back naturalization certificate

02/22/10 - received US Passport

You are always going to remember this moment! Congratulations and enjoy your reunion. :dance::dance::dance:

Good luck to everyone still waiting (F)

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Good Luck! :dance::dance::dance:

Kinda silly I know, and I haven't been seperated from my SO long, but my husband will be home in two weeks and I'm trying not to get excited too early. :blush: He just confirmed the ticket and he saved himself from me finally loosing it and screaming at him to come home :blush: Sorry, but we're still newly weds and he has a greedcard - two months is waaaaay too long for me, no matter what the reasons are (and he does have good ones) :blush:

يَايُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءامَنُوا اسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَوةِ اِنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَ الصَّبِرِينَ

“O you who believe! seek assistance through patience and prayer; surely Allah is with the patient. (Al-Baqarah 2:153 )”

Timeline

Listening to you guys and your excitment is really bringing a smile to my face. I remember those feelings all to well. I was a freaking wreck about his arrival at the POE at JFK. I was a nervous wreck for him, and tried to draw up a map for him to navigate to his next gate. He made it through it fine, but he found out that the employees at the JFK don't like to help you if they are on a break...lol

All I can say is congratulations. Your journey is far from over, there will be good and bad days for you both, but it is soooo worth it!

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

That is great news. How exciting!!! Definitely have him bring some tea lolol. By the way your hubby is flying into Newark yes? If you like PM me - I live 10 minutes from Newark Airport and can be on standby just in case your husband has any problems. I don't mind, so PM me if you want to xchange contact info.

All the best,

prena

1st K-1 Journey:

June 2005 - filed

October 2005 - visa interview

March 2006 - AOS packet mailed

DIVORCED

June 2007 - Interview

2008 - 10 year approval

--------

2nd K-1 Journey:

07/28/07 - AOS paperwork mailed

07/30/07 - Received at lockbox

09/18/07 - Biometrics

10/15/07 - Transferred to CSC

01/09/08 - AOS approved w/o interivew

11/01/09 - Lift conditions

11/01/10 - interview to lift conditions/10-yr card

01/01/10 - 10 year approval

DIVORCED

Timeline

How well I remember the excitement you are feeling. I drove from Columbus to JFK to meet his plane. I'll never forget seeing him walk through those doors.

I'm so happy for you both and may your excitement continue and grow throughout your marriage. Congratulations!

Doreen

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SupportingMoroccanLove/

6/14/03 Met Online

9/30/2003 He was denied a Tourist Visa

1/7/2004 Sent 1-129F-tried to prove hardship; many reasons

8/8/2004 Petition denied

After 214 Days of waiting

10/11/2004 Returned from Morocco even more in love.

11/15/2004 Mailed I-129F off to Nebraska

2/11/05 APPROVAL

2/14/05 EMAIL, OUR PETITION HAS BEEN APPROVED

86 Days what an awesome feeling

2/25/05 Email received from nvc, given case number

3/21/05 Email from consulate

b]INTERVIEW DATE 5/10/05[/b]

3/31/05 Fiance finally receives his packet from the consulate

4/12/05 He had medical exam

5/10/05 INTERVIEW WAS A SUCCESS

5/18/05 VISA IN HAND

Took 214 Days for a denial, but IN 205 days He will be HOME

6/10/05 Abdou arrives in America, what a happy day!

6/13/05 Applied for SSN

6/23/05 6 p.m. We were MARRIED; honeymoon in Gatlinburg

8/13/05 AOS and EAD paperwork mailed

8/25/05 NOAs in the mail!!! Yea!

11/25/05 - BIOMETRIC DATE

01/26/06 - AOS SUCCESSFUL INTERVIEW AND HE GETS HIS FIRST JOB AT FIRST JOB INTERVIEW

02/13/06 - GREEN CARD ARRIVED

4/22/06 - Driver's License!!

11/05/2007 Filed to Lift conditions[/color]

11/07/07 - NOA1 received

12/21/07 - Biometrics completed

04/08/08 - 10 YEAR CARD APPROVED

04/14/08 - CARD IN HAND !!!!!

11/3/08 - Filed for Citizenship

11/29/08 - Biometric Appointment

02/03/09 - Citizenship Interview, HE PASSED

I get so excited when I see all you ladies excited about your men coming home

I just want to cry...I dont know if it is ever going to be....I miss my baby so much

I want that chance too :crying:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline

I swear I feel your excitment. I keep dreaming of when my husband will call me and say he is approved and his security checks are over. I keep thinking of what I will need to do to get ready. When I read how you are feeling and what you are doing, it allows me to share in your excitment and give me hope. Keep us updated. It is so exciting to see how your doing.

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.