Dr. A ♥ O

THURSDAY

64 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline
'mornin gals n guys.

yay jackie for reachin ur goal! congrats!!!

Hubby took me to see the area that a townhome is in and would possibly be free for us. Now, Free is good and the area is good BUT the townhome is in more of an apartment complex type setting. It has 3 bedrooms and all of them are upstairs (which is a downer for me coz I get creeped out if I come home to an empty home that has an upstairs..who knows who'se hiding up there...OR am sleeping upstairs and there's nobody downstairs guarding the door for burgalars.) Yeah I'm a baby but hey, its me. We're gonna go look at the inside of it today ensha'allah so we will see if I approve or not.

Would u all move someplace u didn't like just coz it was free?

Yes - as long as it was safe and clean - most definitely clean, because I get skeeved out easily. :no:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see you down there, Amal... what's the scoop on the condo? Inquiring minds want to know :whistle:

yes...do tell.... :whistle:

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
gas here 3.37

$3.70-$3.77 here.

are you copying Jenn! w/ the new name change? :unsure:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=141748

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

:lol:

BJsTm6.png

*No conflict when the flute is playing, for then I see every movement emanates from God's Holy Dance* ~ Hafiz

Timeline

:lol:

and now you know why :lol:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Alright I got Zohra's Ladder and Once in a Promised Land today! That makes five books to cruise through now! Excuse me while I become book immersed!

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Ok..so here's the scoop.....

It has a fence around it for privacy. The fence needs some new support beams but its nothing that would be too costly to fix.

When u enter the fence, there's a wooden patio to the left and to the right. It looks like they started to attempt to make it look nice but gave up 1/4 of the way through. There was a row of some approximately 1 year old saplings in the "garden" area so it appeared to have the potential to be good for a garden or something.

When u walk in the front door, the living room is huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge. It looked like all new carpet. I noticed cracks in the walls near the ceiling on the far wall. The ceiling fan worked along with the lights. There was a fireplace accross the room on the right hand side and also another square hole just beside the fireplace. I'm not sure what that was for. On around to the right were sliding glass doors that led out to the patio which was made out of 2X4/s but didn't look too bad. The doors slid with no problem. Again, there were cracks in the wall at the corners of the door jam.

To the left of the front door was the kitchen. It was probably 15X15 with ceramic tile. (possibly a few sqft larger). There were cracks in the walls in there too and some of the tiles in the center were broken. (jax, i might could use u for some new flooring lol) All the lights worked so that's a plus. There was plenty of room for a table and chairs in there with extra room to spare. The cabinets start with 1 end having a dishwasher (u can clearly see where the countertop is not level...either that or the dishwasher is slanted...). next to the dishwasher is the sink and the counter makes an "L" shape around to the stove (which looked to be in fairly decent condition). Next to the stove was the ceiling to floor cupboard. The cupboard is very large and very deep (approx 2.5 to 3sqft each shelve and I think there were 4 or 5 shelves in it) so it would accomodate lots of food. There were cabinets on the wall and below the counter and there were also about 6 medium sized drawers.

When u walk into the kitchen and turn to the right , there is the 1/2 bath (just toilet and sink). Light worked. I didn't notice too many cracks or anything in there.

to the left of the bathroom is the stairs. They have new carpet so they looked nice. Walk up about 10 steps and turn 180 degrees and up another 10 or so steps into an entryway. On the right hand side is the closet for washer and dryer. The room to the right of that is the first bedroom (approx 12X12). Cracks run from the top left of that room down to the window, then from the right corner of the window to the opposite corner of the room. It has a walk-in closet with an attic. all the lights work in this room.

Come out of that bedroom and on the same wall to the right of it is the 2nd bedroom (approx 10X10). Light works. Cracks in this wall are similar to the other room. Walk-in closet with plenty of room. U hear the floor creak as u walk accross it...that always creeps me out.

Come out of that bedroom and the first room to the right is a full bathroom. Toilet, Tub, sink. Tub has plastic duct taped around the faucet but no clear signs of leakage. Lights worked. Room had potential to be very nice. It was probably 8X8 or something like that....if even that.

Then on the other side is the master bedroom. It's very large (my guestimate is around 15X15 but very likely is bigger) HUGE walk-in closet to the left and the master bathroom is to the right just inside the door. There are a couple cracks in the walls in there as well. Some near the floor and some near the ceiling. There are sliding glass doors on the opposite side of the entryway on the right wall that goes out to a wooden patio. It was very sturdy and just needed some decorations.

The entryway to the master bathroom is a powder room with a sink and large mirror. Nothing wrong with this room. On inside the actual bathroom, I notice the toilet does not have the handle to flush with (reminded me of the potties in jordan lol) The tub looked ok and sink looked ok. I didn't notice anything wrong with the walls in there.

All-in-all it would be a great fixer upper IF the walls weren't cracked. From what I know...cracked walls means bad foundation ..which leads to house falling down in a severe wind storm. I honestly wouldn't have a problem with it if the walls weren't cracked.

What do u all think????????????????????????

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Aside from cracks (thats alot of cracks) most is cosmetic. Now let's get down to the business end of this.

Free or paying rent? Option to buy? Is the owner going to put it on the market and when it sells, you are out? How was the neighborhood? Trust your car out there at night? You pay all utilities? Would it change Traven's school?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hey Bridget! Same thing happened to Adam when he got his shots from the doctor for the medical exam here... got reallyyy sick with flu like symptoms... I was so upset and worried for him and kept giving him nyquil. and alot of vitamin C.

hubby had a full physical on Monday and the doctor gave him a shot and a tb test. Well Tuesday night he started having the chills and 102.5 temp and was sooo achey so I gave him 2 tylenol but he insisted on "hot lemonade" so I got him that too. Fever went down to 100 and of course it had nothing to do with the tylenol because the hot lemonade made him better. whatever.

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Timeline
Tonights meeting of the Mena Insomniac Club is now in session. Roll call...........

:) Here

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Aside from cracks (thats alot of cracks) most is cosmetic. Now let's get down to the business end of this.

Free or paying rent? Option to buy? Is the owner going to put it on the market and when it sells, you are out? How was the neighborhood? Trust your car out there at night? You pay all utilities? Would it change Traven's school?

Travens school could stay the same. It's a very nice neighborhood with 500,000 dollar homes on up into the millions of dollars. Its very quiet and feels very safe. It has a garage so no worries in that department. It would be 100% free for as long as we would want to live there. . We would ahve to pay all the utilities and what not.

Do u think the cracks in the house are dangerous? I'm afraid that the house is settling and gonna fall in coz it had a lot of cracks.

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.