JenT

When I met my love, I was...

When I met my love, I was...  

400 members have voted

1. 1. When I met my love, I was...

• single for a while, but not looking.
    • freshly out of another relationship and not looking.
    • still in another relationship, and not looking.
    • casually looking.
    • actively looking.
    • desperately looking!

97 posts in this topic

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I was in a relationship with someone that I wasn't really into when I met my husband. Broke up with the crappy boyfriend and started dating Alex a month later :) that was nearly five years ago :)

Married February 20, 2010

Permanent Resident April 22, 2010

Naturalized Citizen January 14, 2014

Proud Dual Citizen of Australia and the USA!

• 2 weeks later...

We were both married, but the question of which one (both?) was looking is kind of a grey area.

The compatible element was that both our marriages were effectively dead

for 10 years or longer, so neither one was really stealing the other from a spouse.

It was a very long time before either discussed intimacy; that was a rule of mine

because you have to get to know the person first and the sexual play or attraction

can have an effect of clouding any attempt to know the other person because

you're thinking of something else and if things are not right you tend to make

excuses because you want the fun to go on.

We had plenty to talk about regarding family, kids & work. You learn another

person's values that way and if you are just flirting, those things get brushed aside.

With my first marriage we got physical way before we really knew each other.

When we finally knew each other, I think neither of us was happy.

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

03/29/-04/06/10 - AOS sent/rcd; 04/13 NOA1; AOS 2 NBC

04/14 $1010 cashed; 04/19 NOA1

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

06/28 EAD mail; travel 2 BKK; return 07/17

07/20/10 interview, 4d. b4 I-129F anniv. APPROVAL!*

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-05-16 Lifting Cond. - I-751 sent

2012-06-27 Biom,

2013-01-10 7 Mo, 2 Wks. & 5 days - 10 Yr. PR Card (no interview)

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Was in a relationship & not looking. However, months later I met my now-husband again & was no longer in relationship. His pursuit was successful (unlike my first visit).

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Filed: Timeline

if you wanna call it a relationship, i was in a relationship for 7 and half years but not looking. He was very emotionally abusive towards me and cheated on me but at the time i had the thought that nobody wanted me so i stayed in it for a long time, it was over between me and him long ago before i met her.but a mutual friend of ours told me to add her on Twitter, we talked on Twitter, to twitter to facebook, to facebook to MSN messenger, But after awhile i started developing feelings for her and with her help that gave me the courage to take steps and get him out of my life forever

Edited by Caitlin2009

• 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...