selder

Cancelled application and starting a new one for a different relationship

33 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Greetings all,

Im a new member and have a question about overlapping applications.

I submitted an I 129f application a month ago to the cal USCIS office but I realized I was making a mistake marrying the chinese woman due to a number of circumstances and I have terminated the relationship. When the USCIS contacts me regarding the application I will cancel it.

I have since met a vietnamese woman I am deeply in love with now and I am ready to start the application process all over.

Can anyone tell me if I would completely screw things up by starting a new application while having another pending? The answer seems pretty obvious not to submit it, I just hate losing so much time getting the long process started.

I have only been a member a short time and will create my profile soon. Please dont criticize my poor judgement in cancelling an application and then turning right around starting a new relationship. I had no idea this wonderful woman who is for me my dream partner would come into my life.

There is no rhyme or reason in life it seems and I am grateful my fiance' Phuong has come into my life.

Take care all, I look forward to meeting other members and learning from everyone while I navigate this harrowing process.

selder

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

I'm not going to criticize your judgment.... however I think canceling an application and then almost immediately applying for another one is going to raise some eyebrows. And from what I've read about the Vietnam consulate, you really don't want to do anything that would cause them to doubt the validity of your relationship.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

I agree... HCMC is a difficult enough Consulate. :( You will need to write a letter in order to cancel your previous petition anyway and be sure to answer honstly when asked if you have ever petitioned for anyone else.

good luck. :)

Michelle... your daughter is just beautiful. :)

timeline.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

First of all don't wait for the CSC to contact you. Call and write to them to cancel your petition now.

The officer reviewing you case will see that you met and developed a relationship with your current fiance while there was a case pending for your former fiance.

CR-1 Visa

I-130 Sent : 2006-08-30

I-130 NOA1 : 2006-09-12

I-130 Approved : 2007-01-17

NVC Received : 2007-02-05

Consulate Received : 2007-06-09

Interview Date : 2007-08-16 Case sent back to USCIS

NOA case received by CSC: 2007-12-19

Receive NOIR: 2009-05-04

Sent Rebuttal: 2009-05-19

NOA rebuttal entered: 2009-06-05

Case sent back to NVC for processing: 2009-08-27

Consulate sends DS-230: 2009-11-23

Interview: 2010-02-05 result Green sheet for updated I864 and photos submit 2010-03-05

APPROVED visa pick up 2010-03-12

POE: 2010-04-20 =)

GC received: 2010-05-05

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 140 days.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I would also recommend contacting USCIS immediately to cancel the initial I-129F.

If your fiancee's interview will occur at Ho Chi Minh City, then be prepared for an uphill fight. The US Consulate at HCM has a high number of scam engagements/marriages that they have to filter out. They scrutinize everything very carefully. There have been a number of folks on here who have had their case initially denied outright because a question asked at the interview conflicted with information written down. In one case, it was something along the lines of "second cousin" versus "uncle". One was being more exact describing the familiar relationship and the other was just using their everyday language. (Like, for me, when I was growing up, I always called my neighbors "uncle" and "auntie", even though they had no relation to me.)

Be prepared that you and/or your fiancee may be asked a lot of questions about this at the interview.

It's also very common for the consulate in HCM to issue a blue or green slip at the first interview asking for more information.

I don't know anything about the process at the US Embassy in Hanoi. (Or even if they process K-1/K-3 visas there. Ever Vietnamese story I've read on here has gone thru HCMC.)

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hello everyone who replied to me.

I think I am still okay becuase I have not initiated anything new with USCIS in regards to my new relationship. All that has happened is I have met someone very special to me and I am trying make sure I dont dig myself a deeper hole than I already have. We chat and write letters back and forth but I have not begun any paperwork.

Here is my plan:

I will send the USCIS office a cancellation letter this week and wait for confirmation that it has been terminated. Then I will wait a couple more months before I send a new I-129f.

I am flying to Nha Thrang on Sept 5 to be with my new partner (Phuong) for 2 weeks, should I hold off doing that until the old application is terminated? I really want to fly and see her now as I wont have much time over the next few months to go to Vietnam other than early Sept.

How does that sound, does everyone agree that would be safe?

Thank you everyone for your responses, Im very grateful for this site!

Scott

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
I agree... HCMC is a difficult enough Consulate. :( You will need to write a letter in order to cancel your previous petition anyway and be sure to answer honstly when asked if you have ever petitioned for anyone else.

good luck. :)

Michelle... your daughter is just beautiful. :)

Thank you :) She's my little love muffin lol

Timeline

If you are serious about this, you need to cancel the other application. I think you will need to file for a waver when you file your second I-129f. Also the HCMC Consulate is very picky. You need to have as complete as possible picture explaining your canceled petition and why you feel this women is the right one. Then you need to show enough evidence that this new relationship is the real one. Going to visit her is a good idea even before you cancel the other petition. You have to build a strong case for your relationship that meets the guidlines the Consulate has. You have to have a relationship that a reasonable person would believe is real based only the evidence you supply in your I-129f and at the interview. The key to a sucessful visa is in your I-129f petition not at the interview. At the interview the Consulate checks your story with your fiancee. If everything is believeable in your I-129f and what she says at the interview, you get the visa, if not then you get a blue slip, green slip or outright denial.

If you do everything right, you'll get it on the first try.

Good Luck

Peter and Thi

I-129F Sent : 2007-05-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-06-11

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-10-26

Touched: 2007-11-02

NVC Recieved: 2007-11-16

Consulate recieved ??????

Packet 3 sent 2007-12-11

Packet 3 received 2007-12-24

Packet 3 returned 2007-12-28

Packet 4 sent 2008-1-14

Email Reply with Interview Date 2008-1-23

Interview Date 2008-2-27

Passed Interview 2008-02-27

Visa Pick Up Date 2008-3-05

Received Visa 2008-2-29 (called to pick up earlier)

POE 2008-3-05 Los Angeles

Wedding 2008-4-26

Filed: Timeline
If you are serious about this, you need to cancel the other application. I think you will need to file for a waver when you file your second I-129f. Also the HCMC Consulate is very picky. You need to have as complete as possible picture explaining your canceled petition and why you feel this women is the right one. Then you need to show enough evidence that this new relationship is the real one. Going to visit her is a good idea even before you cancel the other petition. You have to build a strong case for your relationship that meets the guidlines the Consulate has. You have to have a relationship that a reasonable person would believe is real based only the evidence you supply in your I-129f and at the interview. The key to a sucessful visa is in your I-129f petition not at the interview. At the interview the Consulate checks your story with your fiancee. If everything is believeable in your I-129f and what she says at the interview, you get the visa, if not then you get a blue slip, green slip or outright denial.

If you do everything right, you'll get it on the first try.

Good Luck

Peter and Thi

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

Packet 3 sent 2007-12-11

Packet 4 sent 2008-1-14

Interview Date 2008-2-27

Wedding 2008-4-26

Peter,

I will start new I-129F soon, could you show me what waivewr I should file? Love to see your reponse since I want to submit new I129F this week.

Cao

Timeline
Peter,

I will start new I-129F soon, could you show me what waivewr I should file? Love to see your reponse since I want to submit new I129F this week.

Cao

According to the instructions in the I-129f, you have to request a waiver if you have file two or more petition in the past or had a previous K1visa approved in the last two years before filing this petition. To request a wavier you have to submit a written request with your I-129f and document to show why the wavier should be granted.

There isn't a form to fill out but you should treat this as you would your proof of having meet in person and proof of your ongoing relationship. Your request should clearly and completely say why the other I-129fs or previous K1 visa didn't work out and why this one will. Then have evidence to back that up. For example, if your earlier I-129f was submitted for a different fiancee, what happened in that relationship and why, was the I-129f cancelled or denied, etc. You would include emails, letters, court documents if applicable, USCIS and Consulate documents, etc to explain what happened.

Good Luck

Peter and Thi

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

Packet 3 sent 2007-12-11

Packet 4 sent 2008-1-14

Interview Date 2008-2-27

Wedding 2008-4-26

Filed: Timeline
Peter,

Cao

According to the instructions in the I-129f, you have to request a waiver if you have file two or more petition in the past or had a previous K1visa approved in the last two years before filing this petition. To request a wavier you have to submit a written request with your I-129f and document to show why the wavier should be granted.

There isn't a form to fill out but you should treat this as you would your proof of having meet in person and proof of your ongoing relationship. Your request should clearly and completely say why the other I-129fs or previous K1 visa didn't work out and why this one will. Then have evidence to back that up. For example, if your earlier I-129f was submitted for a different fiancee, what happened in that relationship and why, was the I-129f cancelled or denied, etc. You would include emails, letters, court documents if applicable, USCIS and Consulate documents, etc to explain what happened.

Good Luck

Peter and Thi

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

Packet 3 sent 2007-12-11

Packet 4 sent 2008-1-14

Interview Date 2008-2-27

Wedding 2008-4-26

I am confused now and don't know how to start the waiver. Could any one help me to resolve this issue again. Thank you all for your times and supports

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
:whistle:

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Timeline

I am confused now and don't know how to start the waiver. Could any one help me to resolve this issue again. Thank you all for your times and supports

My post was clear on what you do, if you have already filed a I-129f before or have a K1 visa from a broken relationship, you have to include a statement explaining that and include any evidence of it with your new I-129f.

Peter and Thi

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

Packet 3 sent 2007-12-11

Packet 4 sent 2008-1-14

Interview Date 2008-2-27

Wedding 2008-4-26

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
I'm not going to criticize your judgment.... however I think canceling an application and then almost immediately applying for another one is going to raise some eyebrows. And from what I've read about the Vietnam consulate, you really don't want to do anything that would cause them to doubt the validity of your relationship.

I agree, eyebrows will be raised.. some very raised.. when I read the original post my eyebrows where raised and I thought, what are you doing. I don't know how USCIS will see it, hopfully they will look at the facts and make a decision based on those facts.

Good luck.

Filed N400 11/7/16

Check (CC) Cashed 11/10/16

Text/Email NOA 11/16/16

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

For the second petition, you MUST REQUEST a waiver. Do some research here :

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;s=&f=126

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.