14 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

I know it's not the end of the world, but just got an e-mail from CRIS. Request for initial evidence. I am pretty sure it's about the medical... I know it's not the worst thing in the world but you know how much stress it costs, and how frustrated you can get with an RFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just expressig my frustration!!!!!!!!!!

AOS Timeline begun!

AOS sent- June 26th 2008

NOA1- July 3rd

Touch- July 7th (check cashed)

Touch- July 8th

Biometrics notice received- July 14th (notice date- July 9th)

Biometrics Appointment- July 25th

Touch- July 25th

RFE e-mail notice- July 28th

RFE response sent- September 9th

RFE response received by USCIS and case processing resumed- September 12th

AOS Touch- September 18th

Transfer to CSC- September 26th

AOS Touch-September 29th

Received Transfer Letter in mail- October 2nd

AOS Touch- case pending at the office to which it was transferred- October 3rd

AOS Touch- October 6th

EAD Touch- October 29- CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED-yippeeeeeeeeee! I can get a drivers license

EAD Touch- November 3rd- Approval notice sent (JEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZ RIGHT AFTER I WROTE THIS MY EAD CARD CAME IN MAIL!!!!!! I mean the Mailman brought it HOW WEIRD IS THAT???????????)

AOS Touch Dec 19th

AOS Touch Dec 21st

AOS APPROVED JAN 29th

Removing Conditions 12/16/2010- Application sent by certified mail

Approved 3/07/2011

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Note: A full medical is NOT a requirement for AOS from a K-Visa only the vaccination part of I-693 is.

Recently USCIS has updated form I-693 with updated directions for Civil Surgeons explicitly explaining that ALL K-Visas do not need a full physical.

I-693:

2. What if I am a K nonimmigrant visa holder and already had a medical exam overseas?

If you were admitted as a:

A. K-1 fiancé(e) or a K-2 child of a K-1 fiancé(e), or as a

B. K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen or a K-4 child of a K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen, and

C. You received a medical examination prior to admission, then-

a. You are not required to have another medical examination as long as your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, is filed within one year of your overseas medical examination.

b. You will, however, be required to complete Part 1, Information about you, and submit the vaccination section of Part 2 with your adjustment of status application. A designated civil surgeon must complete the vaccination section and Part 5, the Civil Surgeon's Certification.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-693instr.pdf

And form I-485 directions have this:

8. Fiancé(e)s.

If you are a K-1 fiancé(e) or K-2 dependent who had a medical examination within the past year as required for the nonimmigrant fiancé(e) visa, you only need to submit a vaccination supplement, not the entire medical report. You may include the vaccination supplement with your adjustment-of-status application.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-485instr.pdf

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

Sorry to hear that , it is only a minor delay. Just be sure to follwo up immediatly and submit everything asked for, Make copies of EVERYTHING you send.

Good Luck

gewelcome-vi.gif

3dflagsdotcom_japan_2faws-vi.gif

IMPORTANT NOTICE:Like you all, I am not an attorney ; I am a layperson (I have laid a lot of persons ) My advice is based on Experience obtained by filing ourselves

AOS met in Japan 1994 married 10/2004

DO:Los Angeles,Ca.

6/17/06 Forms Sent (I-130, I-485, and I-765)

6/19/06 RD I-130,I-485, I-765

6/26/06 NOA rcvd

7/15/06 Biometrics complete Day 22

8/4/06 Interview Notice Rcvd Day 42

9/9/06 EAD Card Received :)Day 78

9/13/06 SS Card Received :)Day 82

9/27/06 AOS Interview Los Angeles APPROVED LPR Day 96

12/04/06 Welcome To the United States Letter received

12/08/06 Green Card Received- expires 12/2016

Timeline

Yes I realize that YU and Dan. But I am concerned about the medical for different reasons. Because I noticed that the CS I went to has used: the first page of the I-693 of the edition I have printed from the USCIS website and the rest of the pages from the other (but still valid then) form. My fault, should have checked. Also I did not have the TB skin test. I am suspecting the RFE is for the medical.

AOS Timeline begun!

AOS sent- June 26th 2008

NOA1- July 3rd

Touch- July 8th

Touch- July 25th

AOS Touch-September 29th

AOS Touch- October 6th

EAD Touch- October 29- CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED-yippeeeeeeeeee! I can get a drivers license

EAD Touch- November 3rd- Approval notice sent (JEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZ RIGHT AFTER I WROTE THIS MY EAD CARD CAME IN MAIL!!!!!! I mean the Mailman brought it HOW WEIRD IS THAT???????????)

AOS Touch Dec 19th

AOS Touch Dec 21st

AOS APPROVED JAN 29th

Approved 3/07/2011

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
Yes I realize that YU and Dan. But I am concerned about the medical for different reasons. Because I noticed that the CS I went to has used: the first page of the I-693 of the edition I have printed from the USCIS website and the rest of the pages from the other (but still valid then) form. My fault, should have checked. Also I did not have the TB skin test. I am suspecting the RFE is for the medical.

That's weird... my CS only used the new form on the pages that actually changed. He left the old form pages where nothing was changed. I though that was very weird :blink:

05/12/04 => Arrived in the US under L1 status / work visa

03/05/05 => Met the love of my life

07/02/07 => Married my wonderful USC husband

______AOS JOURNEY________________________________

10/03/08 => Package sent to USCIS

03/03/09 => Interview in Chicago, IL =>> APPROVED!

______REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY______________

12/03/10 => Package sent to California service center

03/02/11 => 10 YR GREEN CARD RECEIVED!!

______CITIZENSHIP JOURNEY_________________________

01/20/12 => Filed N-400 for Citizenship

06/21/12 => Citizenship interview: Approved!

07/25/12 => Oath Ceremony.. DONE WITH USCIS!!

i know what you mean. RFE sucks!

8/07/06 (00): 130 sent

8/09/06 (00): RD 130

8/18/06 (09): ND 130

10/16/06(68): AD 130

2/12/06(1):485 sent

2/14/06(2): RD 485

2/20/07(8):ND 485

2/22/07(10):checked cashed for 485

2/23/07(11):ND FP

3/05/07(21):ND for interview

3/09/07(25):Biometrics appt.

4/25/07(70):Interview Approved :)

4/09/07:LUD

4/25/07:LUD

4/27/07:LUD: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

5/01/07:LUD:Card production ordered.:)

5/03/07:LUD:Notice mailed approved 485

5/07/07: RECEIVED GOLD CARD ! ! !

1/03/09: Letter received from USCIS to remind me to do my i-751

1/05/09:751 sent

1/09/09:751 sent back

1/26/09:Time to re-send 751

1/28/09:Check cashed

1/30/09:Received extension of 1yr

2/4/09:BIO appt. on FEB.13/09

2/7/09:Completed walked in BIO

4/1/09:i751 approved!!

4/27/09:Card Production ordered

5/4/09:10 yr. GC arrived

Timeline
i know what you mean. RFE sucks!

Yes especially that I already had my medical before I got here on a K-1. If they tell me they freaggin' lost it I will get pissed and go :ranting::protest::ranting::protest:

:diablo:

AOS Timeline begun!

AOS sent- June 26th 2008

NOA1- July 3rd

Touch- July 8th

Touch- July 25th

AOS Touch-September 29th

AOS Touch- October 6th

AOS Touch Dec 19th

AOS Touch Dec 21st

AOS APPROVED JAN 29th

Approved 3/07/2011

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Actually, the guidance from USCIS to the CS is that they can continue to use the previous version of the form for all patients that they see prior to August 1, 2008. Previous version of the form, means previous rules, means previous list of vaccination requirements.

Warm Regards,

Samby

Wishing Everyone Speed, Success, Happiness and Love,

TinTin and Samby

Timeline
Actually, the guidance from USCIS to the CS is that they can continue to use the previous version of the form for all patients that they see prior to August 1, 2008. Previous version of the form, means previous rules, means previous list of vaccination requirements.

Warm Regards,

Samby

Yes but the TB skin test and X ray requirements went into effect May 1st form edition from 04/02/08/. The vaccinations can be waived for pregnant women but the X-ray cannot be waived. And I will nooooooooooooooot get the X-ray no matter what, I'm 6 months pregnant!!!!!!!!!!! They are nuts

AOS Timeline begun!

AOS sent- June 26th 2008

NOA1- July 3rd

Touch- July 8th

Touch- July 25th

AOS Touch-September 29th

AOS Touch- October 6th

AOS Touch Dec 19th

AOS Touch Dec 21st

AOS APPROVED JAN 29th

Approved 3/07/2011

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Warm Regards,

Samby

Yes but the TB skin test and X ray requirements went into effect May 1st form edition from 04/02/08/. The vaccinations can be waived for pregnant women but the X-ray cannot be waived. And I will nooooooooooooooot get the X-ray no matter what, I'm 6 months pregnant!!!!!!!!!!! They are nuts

Well, I completely agree that in general, "They are nuts!". We were 4 months pregnant when TinTin had her Physical in the Philippines. That said, since I see you are a K1 and therefore had your physical in your home country prior to arriving...AND you are filing for AOS within a year from that physical, the only part of the I-693 that applies to you is the VACCINATION requeirments - not the Xray or TB Skin test or other such parts of a "physical exam". Again, you have already had your physical exam and there is no need to redo that.

Warm Regards,

Samby

Wishing Everyone Speed, Success, Happiness and Love,

TinTin and Samby

Timeline

Warm Regards,

Samby

Well, I completely agree that in general, "They are nuts!". We were 4 months pregnant when TinTin had her Physical in the Philippines. That said, since I see you are a K1 and therefore had your physical in your home country prior to arriving...AND you are filing for AOS within a year from that physical, the only part of the I-693 that applies to you is the VACCINATION requeirments - not the Xray or TB Skin test or other such parts of a "physical exam". Again, you have already had your physical exam and there is no need to redo that.

Warm Regards,

Samby

I agree... I still don't know what they are requesting from me... but if in the RFE letter they say something suggesting that they have lost my medical from Ireland... then one of the ways of solving the problem is to have the medical redone... That means new TB test requirements, and since I had the BCG vaccine the test would come positive (last time I had it the result was 7mm which is completely normal for BCG vaccinated person) and therefore I would need the X-ray (which they now require even from pregnant women if the test comes out 5mm or more- they specifically say it cannot be waived for pregnant women)- and I refuse to get it no matter what- even if they told me they would deport me.

I am really just trying to be prepared for any kind of RFE this might be... It might be something smaller... I would be screwed if it was about redoing the medical...

I am just speculating, preparing for the worst... I apologize if my approach bothers anyone of you guys! I know I am a freak...but I feel like many of us- IMMIGRANTS become freaks after a while of dealing with the biurocratic USCIS system!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for input. Part of me knows what you mean, and that you ARE RIGHT!

AOS Timeline begun!

AOS sent- June 26th 2008

NOA1- July 3rd

Touch- July 8th

Touch- July 25th

AOS Touch-September 29th

AOS Touch- October 6th

AOS Touch Dec 19th

AOS Touch Dec 21st

AOS APPROVED JAN 29th

Approved 3/07/2011

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

the office in ireland might have a copy... call them about it.

Removal of conditions

01.11.2011 Remove conditions GC I-751 ($590)

01.18.2011 NOA1

02.24.2011 Biometric

03.25.2011 Approved

03.28.2011 Notice sent

03.31.2011 Received new green card (and it's green !)

AOS/EAD/AP from K1

07.23.2008 Send AOS/EAD/AP

07.29.2008 Check cashed

08.01.2008 NOA1

08.08.2008 Biometric Notice received

08.21.2008 Biometric Appointment

09.22.2008 Approval notice sent for AP (CRIS email)

09.22.2008 Card production ordered for EAD (CRIS email)

09.25.2008 Card production ordered for EAD (CRIS email) and a couple of touch since (last one 09.30.2008)

09.27.2008 Reception AP

10.02.2008 EAD Received

02.23.2009 Notice for interview (1.5 month late compared to LA statistics)

03.16.2009 AOS Touch

04.01.2009 Interview in LA  // Approved 

04.06.2009 Welcome to the USA Letter

04.13.2009 Reception GC

Naturalization
06/2016 Request
03/2017 Interview

Almost at the end !

Timeline
the office in ireland might have a copy... call them about it.

Yes...that's my only option...or calling the embassy in Ireland. I will of course try to do anything I can. Thanks for support everyone...I might need more...later

AOS Timeline begun!

AOS sent- June 26th 2008

NOA1- July 3rd

Touch- July 8th

Touch- July 25th

AOS Touch-September 29th

AOS Touch- October 6th

AOS Touch Dec 19th

AOS Touch Dec 21st

AOS APPROVED JAN 29th

Approved 3/07/2011

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.