Jesse123

short courtship, chances...

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Hi,

This is my first post here so please be gentle.

Me and my Fiancee met late February of 2008 on the internet. I had conversations with her and emails up until I went and visited her for a little less than three weeks in late June 2008. Since I got back we have been chatting or talking on the phone daily. We have tons of pictures together with me and her including her family. I understand a short courtship may be negative points but I have sent her $900 so that she can study English and I have a stable job, does that sort of stuff earn me any points? If the K1 is rejected do I have to reapply and wait 6 plus more months or can I just visit her again and get a joint bank account or something?

Thanks,

Nick

I´m already against the next war.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

As long as you and your fiance have met for the last 2 yrs prior from filing of your I-129F ,you will be fine!

When you're going to send your application,make sure you will include your boarding pass,hotel receipt when you visited her.

Best of LUCK!

Hi,

This is my first post here so please be gentle.

Me and my Fiancee met late February of 2008 on the internet. I had conversations with her and emails up until I went and visited her for a little less than three weeks in late June 2008. Since I got back we have been chatting or talking on the phone daily. We have tons of pictures together with me and her including her family. I understand a short courtship may be negative points but I have sent her $900 so that she can study English and I have a stable job, does that sort of stuff earn me any points? If the K1 is rejected do I have to reapply and wait 6 plus more months or can I just visit her again and get a joint bank account or something?

Thanks,

Nick

Keep chatting and calling and keep records of everything. I wouldn't worry about her being denied if you guys have a bona fide relationship and records of such. Making another trip before her interview or going to the interview counts BIGTIME.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I met my fiance in August, 2007 and applied for the visa in January, 2008. We both have traveled to see each other 3 times since we became engaged in November and I think that helped the relationship look real. If you aren't able to travel just keep copies of emails, letters, cards, phone records, etc and you should be fine.

Met online August 6, 2007

Met in person November 7, 2007

Engaged November 10, 2007

Submitted petition December 27, 2007

NOA1, January 4, 2008

NOA2, May 9, 2008

Petition leaves NVC, May 19, 2008

Received Packet 3 from Embassy, June 7, 2008

Mailed Packet 3, July 1, 2008

Medical July 18, 2008

Interview July 25, 2008 - Approved!

Moving date September 10, 2008

Wedding October 18, 2008

Mailed AOS, EAD and AP November 6, 2008

AOS, EAD and AP delivered November 9, 2008

Check cashed November 19, 2008

Biometrics December 18, 2008

Green Card received March 31, 2009!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

As long as you have met within 2 years you will be OK. Boarding passes from flights, hotel receipts and pictures are the best proof, especially if your camera can stamp the date on the pictures. I met Isa for about a week the first time and then came back a couple of months later to propose then a couple of more times. The last time, I was there for the interview and it helped plus we left a couple of days later for the states and I wanted to be their for her and her daughter when they came into the states. Take a look at the time lines on here to get a sense of how long it will take and check out the embassy reviews, they are very helpful. Good luck and feel free to ask questions. I did, and it really helped us out a lot.

Brian & Isa

Filed: Timeline
Great thanks for all the replies! That was very helpful and reassuring. And a great excuse for more time in Peru!

Nick

Copies of the passport showing entry and exit are also a good thing as proof of visiting her. Pictures are considered secondary evidence and don't give as many points. Copies of passport showing entry/exit, plane boarding passes, hotel receipts, any other receipts. Then throw in some pictures of course and you will be fine.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
As long as you and your fiance have met for the last 2 yrs prior from filing of your I-129F ,you will be fine!

When you're going to send your application,make sure you will include your boarding pass,hotel receipt when you visited her.

Best of LUCK!

Meeting in person during the past two years, the petitioner a US Citizen and both legally free to marry are all that is required to file a petition. Nobody can tell anybody "You will be fine."

The OP's questions go to the bona fides of the relationship. Keep the relationship going and visit again before or at the same time of the interview. Continue to gather evidence of a bona fide ongoing relationship and your chances are pretty good.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.