11 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Hi Am here by request of a good friend.

She has been married close 12 or so years. during which time she and her husband have been seperated for almost most of them.. just after the birth of the children. youngest is 10. He remained in Dominican Rep.. she moved back home to states. has successfully raised the children.. but never divorced.. ok fast forward..

they decided to give it another go.. (for childrens sake) .. filed for IR1 two years ago.. finally this past spring. Apr 08 it was approved.. . May 08 he arrives.. .. they live together.. he still is very distant... things not working but .. she still wants to try.. for the kids..

anyhow..

End of June or so.. he gets his GREENCARD.... ... IR1 remember.. no waiting.. Second week in July.. he decides.. he doesnt fit in ... (whole time he was here he was very unemotional and disconnected) he tells her.. hes going back to Dominican Republic... (with green card in hand)

After much thinking.. she thinks.. he had to have different intentions other than the family...

she thinks.. he has to of had a SO back in DR.. that he wanted to return to... ..

It seems all this return and make it a go for the kids was all a scam to get his greencard... and since they were officially married for so long.. he got his GC fast...

NOW the question is... what can she do?

Can she file something to say she believes this was done in bad faith by him.. can she get his green card revoked? does she have any options..?

I know if you came on CR1 and it is gotten he will need to file AOS. .. and..change .. etc..

but since I am not familiar with the process of IR1.. and green card issues.. I am here to request .. knowlege to pass to her..

thanks

Love isn't love unless it is expressed;

caring isn't caring unless the other person knows;

sharing isn't sharing unless the other person is included

Timeline

That is exactly what I thought...

It seems he got what he wanted...

All she can do .. is move on.. .. she has her Divorce papers in hand... once bitten twice shy.. shes not turning back now.. .. just wanted to make sure there was not a thing that she could or should do to let proper officials know...... now it is up to him on what ever else he does.. .. but. then.. once a snake always a snake right...

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hi Am here by request of a good friend.

She has been married close 12 or so years. during which time she and her husband have been seperated for almost most of them.. just after the birth of the children. youngest is 10. He remained in Dominican Rep.. she moved back home to states. has successfully raised the children.. but never divorced.. ok fast forward..

they decided to give it another go.. (for childrens sake) .. filed for IR1 two years ago.. finally this past spring. Apr 08 it was approved.. . May 08 he arrives.. .. they live together.. he still is very distant... things not working but .. she still wants to try.. for the kids..

anyhow..

End of June or so.. he gets his GREENCARD.... ... IR1 remember.. no waiting.. Second week in July.. he decides.. he doesnt fit in ... (whole time he was here he was very unemotional and disconnected) he tells her.. hes going back to Dominican Republic... (with green card in hand)

After much thinking.. she thinks.. he had to have different intentions other than the family...

she thinks.. he has to of had a SO back in DR.. that he wanted to return to... ..

It seems all this return and make it a go for the kids was all a scam to get his greencard... and since they were officially married for so long.. he got his GC fast...

NOW the question is... what can she do?

Can she file something to say she believes this was done in bad faith by him.. can she get his green card revoked? does she have any options..?

I know if you came on CR1 and it is gotten he will need to file AOS. .. and..change .. etc..

but since I am not familiar with the process of IR1.. and green card issues.. I am here to request .. knowlege to pass to her..

thanks

Based on your story and only a "belief" there's nothing she can do. If she has actual evidence of fraud, maybe. However, 10 year green card or not, unless he resides in the US as his primary residence the green card (legal permanent resident status) will get revoked anyway. Google, "maintaining permanent resident status".

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

nice... so then..

Since he moved back to Dominican... with his Greencard in hand..

how long will it take of his non-maintenance.. to get revoked.?

If this is the case then if he doesnt return within time.. how will they know he didnt maintain.? .oohhh. passport. pshaaa.. haha.. it will show in his passport that he left country right.. and then .. stamp showing when he returned.. but.. if he has greencard .. doesnt matter.. if he was out for xxx amount of time.. that greencard is revoked?

how and where? at poe. based on time away?

You are talking about possibilities not a fact. They say if you don't get travel documents and stay out of country for more than 1 year, they may revoke your GC.

I have seen people without US travel documents and stayed out for four years and they came back with no problem.

POE officer is a life saver or a life killer.

But, I am not sure if she has a chnace to say anything about the fraud application which may hurt her at the same time. A really good lawyer whom does work in this kind of cases could help.

I am sorry for her feeling, but that is why we live to learn our lessons.

Edited by nimche

LingChe's ShortCut

|--IR-1 Graduate--|For my Wife-Done 11/21/2008

|--IR-5 Graduate--|For Parents-Done

|--Citizenship for Spouse

Field Office: San Diego,CA

11/xx/2008 GC Rcvd

10/26/2011 N-400 mailed EX to AZ

10/27/2011 Priority Date

10/31/2011 Text Message received

11/01/2011 Check Cashed

11/07/2011 Finger Print letter mailed

11/09/2011 Finger Print letter Received for 11/30/2011

11/14/2011 Finger Print Done(walk-in)

11/28/2011 In Line For Interview

12/09/2011 Interview Scheduled

01/18/2012 Interview Date

02/22/2012 Oath Ceremony

YES WE CAN!

Timeline

nimche...?? what lesson are you refering to ..

she has done nothing wrong..

she was married to this man.. living as seperate... they never divorced.. when she talked to him of filing.. he said.. he wanted to see what he needed to do to be the dad he wasnt..

they applied for IR1.. he came .. but.. moment HE got the GC.. he booked... .. seems he might be returning to.. what he left in Dom..

I am not talking possibilities i am asking what it is the time frame.. that will cauase him to be revoked...

if she contacts officials and tells of her suspicions.. would it matter? or.. as we think.. she should just walk away.. and let him deal with what he needs. .. either. reenter whenever. .. facing revoke if he waits too long.. or.. wait for his 10 yr expires and he does what he needs on his own anyhow...

Either way... she did nothing wrong... is /was the wife... and as was before.. and is now.. is the single parent raising two children under the age of 12... .. once again.... another dead beat father walking.. and not tending to his responsibilities... ie. no support... ..

good riddence.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
nimche...?? what lesson are you refering to ..

she has done nothing wrong..

she was married to this man.. living as seperate... they never divorced.. when she talked to him of filing.. he said.. he wanted to see what he needed to do to be the dad he wasnt..

they applied for IR1.. he came .. but.. moment HE got the GC.. he booked... .. seems he might be returning to.. what he left in Dom..

I am not talking possibilities i am asking what it is the time frame.. that will cauase him to be revoked...

if she contacts officials and tells of her suspicions.. would it matter? or.. as we think.. she should just walk away.. and let him deal with what he needs. .. either. reenter whenever. .. facing revoke if he waits too long.. or.. wait for his 10 yr expires and he does what he needs on his own anyhow...

Either way... she did nothing wrong... is /was the wife... and as was before.. and is now.. is the single parent raising two children under the age of 12... .. once again.... another dead beat father walking.. and not tending to his responsibilities... ie. no support... ..

good riddence.

sorry about ur friend's situation...

as worst it may sound but she cannot leave the matter alone...meaning she has to keep an eye on his where abouts..she would have to know when he comes to the country and when he returns, so on and so forth....when she filed for her, she took responsibility that this person would not become public charge in the United States...it is after this period ends, that she will b completely free of his actions...if he comes to the country and runs away with someone's money, or lets say he takes a huge loan and runs away with the money, ur friend will b responsible...hope i am making sense..

USCIS (Vermont Service Center) Journey

Mailed I-130 Packet on 05/27/08

Approved: 12/23/08

NVC Journey

NVC Case Number assigned 01/02/09

Case Completed 01/21/09

End of Visa Journey

New Delhi Embassy Interview 03/17/09

VISA APPROVED!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Interesting. So does that mean if you get the IR-1 and the spouse divorces you shortly afterwards and then leave the country that they are still your responsibility financially for the next ten years?

There has got to be something this women can do. Not because of her suspicions as much as the situation.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Interesting. So does that mean if you get the IR-1 and the spouse divorces you shortly afterwards and then leave the country that they are still your responsibility financially for the next ten years?

There has got to be something this women can do. Not because of her suspicions as much as the situation.

yep...that responsibilty can b over if the person becomes a US citizen before the responsibility time.

USCIS (Vermont Service Center) Journey

Mailed I-130 Packet on 05/27/08

Approved: 12/23/08

NVC Journey

NVC Case Number assigned 01/02/09

Case Completed 01/21/09

End of Visa Journey

New Delhi Embassy Interview 03/17/09

VISA APPROVED!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.