Together4ever

It's Wednesday!

28 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Halfway to the weekend, and...

One week closer to unification for all of us who are waiting. Amy, my hugs are going to be with you all day. You were the first thing I thought about this morning (coherently, anyway). The rest of the thoughts were various moans and grumblings about having to get out of bed.

There is heavy fog here this morning and gee guess what? Supposed to be way cool and rainy AGAIN. We can the moments we've seen the sun here in the last week in minutes. I'm craving some bright sunny days. Maybe it would help me crawl out of my slump.

Last night was the first night since way last week I could just SIT without having to run around like an idiot. I enjoyed every minute. Mohammed and I had such a lovely chat he didn't want to leave and it pretty much lasted all evening. I really enjoy those times. We play this little game called "Do you think I'll get the visa?" He says that to me every night and every night I respond with "ARRRGGGHHHH YES!" and then he laughs and laughs (unless he's overly worried, then it's a longer discussion). I know this is going to turn into a life long joke between us. I will crumpled up on my death bed like a used tissue and Mohammed will whisper to me "So, do you think I will get the visa?" I will respond "Arggghhh.... *cough*" and go to meet my maker.

Do I HAVE to go to work today????

So what are you guys doing today?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Goodmorning Jean :)

Still waiting for a call from embassy like so many here. Today is exactly a month ago since my interview.

Hope everyone has a nice day, with plenty of good news & surprises. :thumbs:

LIFTING OF CONDITIONS

08/26/08 filling date

08/27/08 NOA1

09/12/08 Notice for BIO

10/01/08 BIO

02/04/09 RFE received

02/20/09 RFE mailed

03/03/09 APPROVED

03/16/09 NEW CARD RECEIVED

Still waiting for a call from embassy like so many here. Today is exactly a month ago since my interview.

Heyyyyyyyyyyy... where were you yesterday??? We all missed you!

I still have my fingers crossed for you (and me too, but I have a long wait ahead of me)!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Heyyyyyyyyyyy... where were you yesterday??? We all missed you!

I still have my fingers crossed for you (and me too, but I have a long wait ahead of me)!

ya missed me :blush: geeeeeee tnx :blush:

I have my fingers crossed for you too Jean & everybody waiting for a DAMMMMMNNNNN call.

LIFTING OF CONDITIONS

08/26/08 filling date

08/27/08 NOA1

09/12/08 Notice for BIO

10/01/08 BIO

02/04/09 RFE received

02/20/09 RFE mailed

03/03/09 APPROVED

03/16/09 NEW CARD RECEIVED

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Woke up at 4 a.m. to call embassy and they basically told me nothing :angry: So now I'm just sitting here wasting time till it's time for me to get ready for work.

Today I scheduled a marrionette (sp?) show for my preschoolers about going to kindergarten. So it should be a fun easy day. Then when I get home I plan on doing homework to pass the time, talk to Ali to get him pumped up for the interview, then pray and read Quran, then chat with my VJ friends till I get the call from him saying he got approved and to come pick up the visa in 3 days (I wish) !

Reunited and it feels so good ....

NOA #1 - March 23rd, 2004

Interview- May 18th, 2006 (Success !)

Arrived in the US - May 27, 2006 (our IR-1 visa journey was 2 years and 2 months long)

Wedding - June 17th, 2006

It's a Girl ! Baby Hana's expected due date - March 30th, 2007

591088.png

Woke up at 4 a.m. to call embassy and they basically told me nothing :angry: So now I'm just sitting here wasting time till it's time for me to get ready for work.

Today I scheduled a marrionette (sp?) show for my preschoolers about going to kindergarten. So it should be a fun easy day. Then when I get home I plan on doing homework to pass the time, talk to Ali to get him pumped up for the interview, then pray and read Quran, then chat with my VJ friends till I get the call from him saying he got approved and to come pick up the visa in 3 days (I wish) !

As a wise person who I do not know (and numerous friends through the years) have told me... "Expect the best but be prepared for anything."

I'm sure it will be a breeze. You are in my thoughts and best wishes!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Good morning everyone! Another day and one day closer, right? I was sick all night.......bad migranes.....think my nerves got the best of me again. Anyway, I'm sending the kiddos to school and pulling the covers back over my head today. :D I seriously don't think I can handle the patients at work today. :no: Hope everyone is doing great! :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Well, just had my wake up call... still lazing around in bed - gotta get up and dress (washing my hair is such a chore!) Coffee is definitely in order. Kinda slow day at work today but lots of other stuff to get done. I'll be hanging around VJ a good bit today, I think...

KML, we did miss you... had hoped maybe you were at the embassy picking up your visa :(

Jean, I pray you have a better day today... at least last nite was a good one!

LB, any chance of a power nap for you before work/school? Your going to be a basket case b/t nerves and lack of sleep! :wacko::P

Hmmmmmmmmmmm... what else, what else???

Later taters!

Noura

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Everyone waiting on calls hope you get your news today. Amy hope you get to feeling better soon. Hope all of you have a good day!

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Both of my bosses and the guy I support are all OUT OF THE OFFICE FOR THE DAY!!! WOO HOO!!! Alhamdulellah AND Ameen! I have been an utter slug. The only thing I have accomplished in the last hour is to take the messages off my phone, do the filing, and think about how I want to prioritize today. I think I better kick it in gear or I will suffer for it tomorrow.

You know I would seriously love to do a psychological study of the people going through the visa process, especially couples. Then I would present a guilded copy to the government and demand something be done about the results I know I would get.

Emotionally this is probably the most difficult thing I have ever faced. And kids, I have NOT had an easy life. It just tears you up. It affects every aspect of your life. Some pompous jerk can step up and say "only if you let it" and I would fundamentally agree, but the key is in the application and when something looms bigger then you are, you stand no chance of choice in your reactions. I know people who have lost jobs because of this, lost friends, lost credibility, lost their health. I have teetered on the edge of all of these more then once in the last year. It's a process dripping in bureaucracy and ineptitude and well, I just pray like crazy for all those suffering through this.

Don't know where that came from, but WHOOPS there it is...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

WALAHI! Amen sista....

:innocent:

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

I think I have finally cracked. I just sat through a 3 minute long phone message that has me laughing myself to tears...

This message was from a contractor and it was about 3 minutes long. He has a very slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww southern Kentucky hills accent and was obviously not very awake on top of it. If I could have a dollar for every time he said “um, uh… the doors are rubbing” I could pay my rent. This is all he went on about for 3 minutes… just repeating “um, the frames a bit small, but some are ok, but some of the doors are rubbing, the clearance is a bit thin, and the doors are rubbing, there is just like a hair’s clearance so we are getting some rubbing on the doors, and um, well the doors are rubbing…” I just couldn’t keep myself together. I forwarded it to the project manager’s voice mail for tomorrow and suggested he get himself a cup of coffee first and in case he misses the guy’s point, his doors are rubbing. Then I laughed myself silly.

I NEED MEDICATION!!!!

Good morning everyone! Another day and one day closer, right? I was sick all night.......bad migranes.....think my nerves got the best of me again. Anyway, I'm sending the kiddos to school and pulling the covers back over my head today. :D I seriously don't think I can handle the patients at work today. :no: Hope everyone is doing great! :D

I can relate to your migrains. One of my triggers is the weather and with the rain my migrains have been acting up for a couple of weeks now.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.