S and S

Its Caturday MENA!

305 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline
cute%20kittens(10).jpg

1538.jpg

cute_kitten.p.jpg

I'm loving those cute cat pics Lost in NY. Thanks for sharing them. Also, the one Me n Him posted is absolutely adorable! Not sure my cat would wear that willingly though, lol.

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Ya I want my own babies. :crying: Ooooooh but nearly everytime we talk we go rounds on how to raise them which puts off having them even longer. At first I was willing to raise them Muslim but now after everything I've learned from ppl on here, and converts, and independent research, and stuff his sister sends me I'm thinking it's better not to have them at all then raise them Muslim. He's willing to just have me if this is the case but it's very sad for both of us when we both want them. He tells me to consider the sources where I learn things and is hopeful that after six months living in Egypt that I will have a change of heart and see a different side of Islam then what I have learned about. I admitted to him I am still young at learning about it but there are things I just can not accept and would never want my kids to learn those things. When I point out does her really want his kids to learn that it's ok to have more than one wife and it's ok to beat your wife it becomes a mute point. I don't know what to do.

It's a moot point not a mute point ;)

I wonder why you'd marry someone who follows a religion you hate? Oh well.... Que Sera, Sera!! :star:

Moot point good to know. Obviously I don't hate Islam if I married him. I just didn't know enough about it. Now I'm thinking either I made a big mistake or I have to change everything about myself. :unsure:

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Ya I

I wonder why you'd marry someone who follows a religion you hate? Oh well.... Que Sera, Sera!! :star:

I wanted to correct that too! There's so many times I want to correct typos/misspellings that I see on here (cuz I'm ####### abt that stuff when it happens repeatedly).

Good question..........

Does that help answer the question. Do you muslimias seriously believe I hate Islam because I question it? And why doesn't anyone answer those questions for me about the several wives & beating wives acceptance? Everytime I bring it up it becomes a moot point on here. What I don't understand is how someone who isn't raised that way comes to accept those beliefs?

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
In other news - I'm making MANSAF b/c Amal taught me how and my hubby loved it!!! I hope it comes out ok, although I wasn't measuring and got a little over zealous on the pepper & turmeric and accidentally dumped a whole bunch in! I hope it didn't ruin it. We'll see in a while.

Are you using the dried yogurt?

Amal? do you? What is it called jameed?

I'm using Jameed, but that's not dried yogurt. I'll let you know how my version comes out in a bit!

BJsTm6.png

*No conflict when the flute is playing, for then I see every movement emanates from God's Holy Dance* ~ Hafiz

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Does that help answer the question. Do you muslimias seriously believe I hate Islam because I question it? And why doesn't anyone answer those questions for me about the several wives & beating wives acceptance? Everytime I bring it up it becomes a moot point on here. What I don't understand is how someone who isn't raised that way comes to accept those beliefs?

I don't believe in wife beating nor do I interpret the Qur'an as saying that. I still have so much to learn but I'd have to say I'm a pretty "progressive" Muslim. I don't know why a lot of women who post stuff accept the things they have tolerated. It's not my life to live.

BJsTm6.png

*No conflict when the flute is playing, for then I see every movement emanates from God's Holy Dance* ~ Hafiz

1538.jpg

This is just how I felt this morning! Thanks dorothy!

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Timeline
Ya I

I wanted to correct that too! There's so many times I want to correct typos/misspellings that I see on here (cuz I'm ####### abt that stuff when it happens repeatedly).

Good question..........

Olivia, I think it is smart of you to question these things. I did too when I was learning about Islam. Those questions were some of mine too. As for beating wives, I was just watching a show last night on an Islamic channel where they discussed that thing. I was talking to you at that time. I should have told you to tune in if I had known you wanted to know more about it (its an online link). Anyway, they stressed that it is not right to run around hitting your wife and is deeply discouraged. It is a last resort and even then it shouldn't be used. The prophet (peace be upon him) never hit his wives. Please don't believe this is really accepted. Some families just look the other way on this point and some families don't. I know my husband's family is against taking such measures.

As for the multiple wives, that is actually banned in some muslim countries. It was meant for during war when there were many widows and no one to support them. Many men had died and these women with children had no one to turn to. The first wife should always agree before her husband marries another woman. It is unlawful for him to marry another without her permission (in most schools of thought). Also, the man must be able to financially support each wife seperately with her own home. Otherwise he cannot marry more than one. Another thing is he much treat each wife equally, if he cannot do that, then he is not supposed to marry more than one. There are so many stipulations it is impossible for most muslim men to lawfully marry a second wife or more. Under Islam it is always better to only have one wife unless there are extreme circumstances for marrying more. Some countries encourage it, but that doesn't mean it is right under Islam. When you study Islam, please don't study the muslims, study the religion. This is what you should teach any children you have.

I hope I have helped you in some way on these issues. If you have other questions please let me know and I will be happy to help the best I can.

As for the multiple wives, that is actually banned in some muslim countries.

Itis possible to read the Quran and understand it to mean that it is so impossible to do correctly that it by default becomes not correct to do. Like Noura, its a more progrerssive interpretation, but quite legitimate- as least as legitimate as more traditional understandings. Only God knows.

erfoud44.jpg

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

Timeline

Itis possible to read the Quran and understand it to mean that it is so impossible to do correctly that it by default becomes not correct to do. Like Noura, its a more progrerssive interpretation, but quite legitimate- as least as legitimate as more traditional understandings. Only God knows.

I didn't say it was against Islam. I said it is banned in some muslim countries. I said it is difficult to do, but not impossible. I was trying to explain it shouldn't be some kind of luxery for a man. It was meant to help women under certain circumstances. Do you have different ideas on that?

I didn't say it was against Islam. I said it is banned in some muslim countries. I said it is difficult to do, but not impossible. I was trying to explain it shouldn't be some kind of luxery for a man. It was meant to help women under certain circumstances. Do you have different ideas on that?

I wasn't trying to correct you. I thought you put your ideas (which are held my many muslims) quite nicely. I know from some scholarship reading that by reading the verses completely, it can be interpreted to be not allowed in Islam by default of its difficult for mankind to live by these standards. It's a much mroe rogressive view and a minority view.

ETA: oops I see because I quoted part of your thread. sorry for the confusion!

Edited by mybackpages

erfoud44.jpg

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

Timeline

I wasn't trying to correct you. I thought you put your ideas (which are held my many muslims) quite nicely. I know from some scholarship reading that by reading the verses completely, it can be interpreted to be not allowed in Islam by default of its difficult for mankind to live by these standards. It's a much mroe rogressive view and a minority view.

okay, I see what you are saying. Yes, you are right.

I'm glad you did because that was some pretty pitiful typing on my part. I am having a hard reading it :blush:

Edited by mybackpages

erfoud44.jpg

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

Timeline

I'm glad you did because that was some pretty pitiful typing on my part. I am having a hard reading it :blush:

No, I understand that. Sometimes I'm in such a hurry to type out my points that I totally mess up the wording :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
Congrats sweetpeach! Are you k1 like your timeline or cr1 like under your pic?

jJ

Its a K1 - I have no clue why it shows that for. Its been changed so many times that I lost count

¨*:•.(¯`'•.¸ K-1¸.•'´¯) .•:*¨

~ 07/05/06 - Met Hayz online by accident

~ 03/30/08 - Packet sent to VSC

~ 04/22/08 - NOA1 issued - Yeah they took it this time

~ 05/22/08 - Touch

~ 07/25/08 - Touch (showed about 1pm on the USCIS site)

~ 07/25/08 - NOA2 sent (must have been later in the day - noticed it on 7/26)

~ 09/10/08 - INTERVIEW - VISA APPROVED ! ! ! !

~ 09/12/08 - VISA RECEIVED

~ 10/17/08 - Arrival in the USA (JFK POE)

~ 10/31/08 - MARRIED! ! !

¨*:•.(¯`'•.¸ AOS¸.•'´¯) .•:*¨

~ 03/26/09 - Sent AOS (I-485, I-765, I-131)

~ 03/27/09 - AOS packet signed for by V BUSTAMANTE

~ 04/02/09 - NOA for AOS/ EAD / Travel Doc

~ 04/03/09 - Check cashed

~ 04/25/09 - Biometrics

~ 04/20/09 - Transferred to CSC

~ 04/25/09 - Transfer notice received in the mail

~ 04/27/09 - Arrived at CSC

~ 05/09/09 - Employment Auth / Travel Document Approved

~ 05/12/09 - AP approved - without an interview

~ 05/23/09 - Welcome letter received

~ 06/05/09 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED! ! !

~ 09/11/11 - DIVORCE - DIVORCE - DIVORCE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.