8 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

hello friends

i submited all papers after i got 221g and now again got 221g

this time the later showing my " case undergoes mandatory administrative processing. and they will contact me as soon as this process will complite

i m really sad

pls help me wt i can do now.

how much time it takes for k3 visa. and my case in delhi ,india ( us consulate).

laurarajesh

Well first of all I will tell you to do a search for topics by "tammy2688" (me) on this forum and look up all my possible explanations for AP, why we get it, and how its not organized, etc. Then you may want to read advice given by emt,belinda, nutty and many and the others because they provide you with concrete information about the specifics of why AP goes through these steps.

Honestly, this was already expected, if you followed anything on this forum. This pattern is repeated with every single person going through Mid East, Africa, South Asia (times vary but all go through it) so it would be strange if you did NOT get another 221g. Basically you moved up to the step where most people start. What typically happens is people have all the papers ready at interview and they are satisfied with them and so they conditionally approve the applicant and then put them in AP because security checks is a standard procedure for the regions I mentioned and worldwide (though these regions take a few hours and people get their visas upon interview unlike the regions we are from).

So you got to the step of finally have the paperwork needed, that was like an RFE, and not real AP. This is actually your "real" AP, meaning the standard security checks that people of the mentioned regions have to go through. Don't feel bad at all, they are not picking on you and you will not be stuck in AP forever (though for me its going on 11 months and I am trying very hard to believe it will be over for me).

New Delhi consulate sees over hundreds of cases each day and their consulate is one of the busiest in the world, overcrowded with people and staff is quite slow due to backlogs. So you can expect to wait a few months. It could be very quick for you depending on your name and if it is common, it may take somewhere between 4-6 months. This is considered normal. If your name gets cleared quicker, then you can expect somewhere between 1-3 months for visa.

As we have discussed on this forum many many times, the stats for AP are:

1-4 months - lucky

4-8 months - average

8-12 months - unlucky

I would not worry so much about it because there is nothing to do to expediate it. If you are the applicant, have the petitioner call DOS at 1-202-663-1225 dial 1 then 0 and get updates on your security checks every week for your peace. But do not give up and keep your mental stability by enjoying your time now and preparing for coming here.

All in all, it will come to an end and you will get the visa. God knows the right time for you and everything will work out in due time.

AP: Over 1 year.

Visa: Nov 2

US Entry: Nov 13, Alhamdulillah.

BelieveButterflyfortile.jpgPrayerisPower_Cover.jpghello.gif

Timeline
Well first of all I will tell you to do a search for topics by "tammy2688" (me) on this forum and look up all my possible explanations for AP, why we get it, and how its not organized, etc. Then you may want to read advice given by emt,belinda, nutty and many and the others because they provide you with concrete information about the specifics of why AP goes through these steps.

Honestly, this was already expected, if you followed anything on this forum. This pattern is repeated with every single person going through Mid East, Africa, South Asia (times vary but all go through it) so it would be strange if you did NOT get another 221g. Basically you moved up to the step where most people start. What typically happens is people have all the papers ready at interview and they are satisfied with them and so they conditionally approve the applicant and then put them in AP because security checks is a standard procedure for the regions I mentioned and worldwide (though these regions take a few hours and people get their visas upon interview unlike the regions we are from).

So you got to the step of finally have the paperwork needed, that was like an RFE, and not real AP. This is actually your "real" AP, meaning the standard security checks that people of the mentioned regions have to go through. Don't feel bad at all, they are not picking on you and you will not be stuck in AP forever (though for me its going on 11 months and I am trying very hard to believe it will be over for me).

New Delhi consulate sees over hundreds of cases each day and their consulate is one of the busiest in the world, overcrowded with people and staff is quite slow due to backlogs. So you can expect to wait a few months. It could be very quick for you depending on your name and if it is common, it may take somewhere between 4-6 months. This is considered normal. If your name gets cleared quicker, then you can expect somewhere between 1-3 months for visa.

1-4 months - lucky

4-8 months - average

8-12 months - unlucky

I would not worry so much about it because there is nothing to do to expediate it. If you are the applicant, have the petitioner call DOS at 1-202-663-1225 dial 1 then 0 and get updates on your security checks every week for your peace. But do not give up and keep your mental stability by enjoying your time now and preparing for coming here.

All in all, it will come to an end and you will get the visa. God knows the right time for you and everything will work out in due time.

hello Friend

i called DOS they said " name check"

laurarajesh

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Thanks for that post tammy2688. That was a great explanation. I hope you do not mind that I cut and pasted it into an email to a few family members who are concerned about our case status.

I feel calm right now and believe that it is the process. My husband walked out of the interview and thought it went great. I panicked right away. I went through sadness, disappointment and anger to remember that I have not control over when or if he gets here. I am doing great, but now my husband is panicking because he is asking people advise that is not substantiated.

I will now include you all in my AP prayer.

1-4 months - lucky

4-8 months - average

8-12 months - unlucky

hello Friend

When I called the stated that they were verifying documentation.

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

You are sad, I was sad, we are all sad when our cases go into administrative processing. But it is a fact that this is standard procedure and there is no way to avoid it.

Here is a general idea of how long you may wait:

1 to 3 months: LUCKY

4 to 6 months: AVERAGE

7 to 12 months: UNLUCKY

Use the time to settle your affairs in your home country and for the sponsor to prepare for your arrival.

Best of luck.

Filed: Country: Senegal
Timeline
Thanks for that post tammy2688. That was a great explanation. I hope you do not mind that I cut and pasted it into an email to a few family members who are concerned about our case status.

I feel calm right now and believe that it is the process. My husband walked out of the interview and thought it went great. I panicked right away. I went through sadness, disappointment and anger to remember that I have not control over when or if he gets here. I am doing great, but now my husband is panicking because he is asking people advise that is not substantiated.

I will now include you all in my AP prayer.

1-4 months - lucky

4-8 months - average

8-12 months - unlucky

hello Friend

When I called the stated that they were verifying documentation.

We also had document verification and were in AP for about 1 year. But keep in mind every embassy and every case

is different from another.

Hope you will be out the AP abyss soon and on your way.

• 1 month later...
Timeline

1-4 months - lucky

4-8 months - average

8-12 months - unlucky

Hello tammy2688

i keep checking with embassy it allmost 6 week. embassy telling it can take between 3 to 4 month. they not give any information about AP. we called DOS they said my they are verify my documents in india. they not recived my case.and embassy will verify my documents.when our sanater checked my papers they said comman name check at consulate. i wan ask how much time it can take to get visa after AP complite.

laurarajesh

I assume you are Rajesh,

Ok so you have a few steps to pass before you actually get to the name check. The embassy will do the document verification, which can take from 2-6 months. Some people have had it for 1 year and I am guessing your consulate is Chennai, where there are so many cases there so they take their time and this is they I said it could take that long. But remember we really don't know what they are checking so if it is a quick check, it could be done in 1-2 weeks. Remember that.

After this document verification at the embassy, they will wire the case to DOS and they will start the name check. Again I am assuming your first name is Rajesh (correct me if I am wrong), then yes it is indeed a common name in India. This may cause delay in getting you cleared as my husband's first proper name as Muhammad got him over 11 months of name checks. So honestly it depends on how fast DOS works and I will tell you one thing to be careful of - ususally a single name check includes many different agencies and if you get a name hit, worker has to manually clear you, which takes time. But keep in mind when DOS says they STARTED the security checks. From that time, at round 3-4 months, it is the time for that check to be over and if by that time you are not called for your passport, you will know the check got expired. At this point only the name checks can take 5-8 months because it got expired. This happened to my husband so I am telling you from experience.

Overall, 1-4 months for document verification but up to 1 years depending on caseload. AP may be 1-8 months or more due to case load so you have some time. Tell your wife to visit you when she can. It will make AP easier.

I understand your pain very much and am prayer for you. Remember AP does have an ending.

God bless,

Tam

AP: Over 1 year.

Visa: Nov 2

US Entry: Nov 13, Alhamdulillah.

BelieveButterflyfortile.jpgPrayerisPower_Cover.jpghello.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.