galaxy_2008

HOW CAN I WITHDRAWAL THE SERVICE OF MY ATTORNEY

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Senegal
Timeline

You don't have your timeline filled out so I don't know where you are at in your process.

Ask in the IR-1 / CR- 1 spouse general discussion forum for more input.

If you want to fire your attorney make sure you know what step to take next concerning your case. You simply tell him you are not happy with his/her service and wish to discontinue with him. If the case is delayed it may or may not be his fault, so ask in the above forum and be specific so someone

can help you.

Filed: Other Timeline

well, you could just pull a Donald Trump on his/her a$$ (YOU'RE FIRED!!)

but make sure you know where you stand with your paper work and immigration process and so forth

(no need cutting of your nose despite your face).

but seriously, Omoba gave exellent advice :thumbs:

good luck either way

UNO (F)

I am all that the Potter created me to be.

I celebrate, liberate and dedicate my life to His Glory.

I Am Uno!

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

As an attorney, you can release your attorney at any time and vice versa. Just send written notice.

I would caution you to make sure your account is paid in full to avoid delay. Granted the attorney is suppose to comply and send your file but I have known some attorneys to delay until the account is current.

Also, I don't do immigration law, but depending on what stage you are in your case sometimes the lawyer is prevented from withdrawing if it will cause the client a hardship or in so many words screw up the case. In this instance, you would probably need to find a new lawyer and have that lawyer execute a substitution of counsel with your current lawyer.

Good luck

When I "fired" mine I made sure he withdrew the G-28 so I'd get the paperwork direct from USCIS.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
Tell the attorney, "You are the weakest link". :P

:lol::lol::lol: Now that is comedy... Just tell him his services are no longer needed and put it in writing and have him sign and find out how far he got in the process so that you can pick up from there and gather vital information from VJ to help you along with the process. I did just fine without an attorney and save money too. :yes:

TIME LINE

09/2007 - Gathered all documents for I-129F petition.

11/09/2007 - Sent I-129F

11/21/2007 - Package sent back to me( I forgot to sign one of my G-325A forms) I cried my eyes out but sent it next day delivery back to USCIS.

11/27/2007 - Received NOA1

02/13/2008 - Received NOA2

02/20/2008 - Package left NVC

02/22/2008 - Case uploaded into Ghana consulate data system

04/08/2008 - Packet 3 & 4 sent to fiance

04/16/2008 - Packet 3 & 4 received by fiance

06/24/2008 - Interview date (God blessings on this day)

06/24/2008 - DENIED visa at interview

06/25/2008 - APPROVED visa at 2nd interview with senior consulate

06/27/2008 - Picked up VISA

07/03/2008 - Fiance entered USA at JFK POE & Got EAD Stamp in passport

07/18/2008 - Married

08/07/2008 - Mailed AOS application

Check out pics K&A pics from Ghana: http://missymoet.hi5.com

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.