13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hey guys... since ive been reading some doubts and worries here in the AOS forum about the TB skin testing new procedures... we are not sure yet if they do request RFE's coz of that... so i was thinking, for all of us new AOS filers... if you ever receieved any RFE's in the future (God forbid)... kindly please write down the reason why USCIS is requesting for RFE's so that we can avoid this from happening in the future...

i also welcome those peeps who have filed AOS in the past and have gotten RFE's to please write down the reasons why... hope this serves as a consolidated reference for reasons for rfe's....

thanks...

"do what it takes..." by A&G

para sa karagdagang larawan at mga detalye ng aming paglalakbay...

My IMMIGRATION, POE, CFO and INTERVIEW Experience

when love is real,

it defies all reasons...

when love is true,

it ignores all pains...

when love is great,

it waits, it persists, and lingers forever...

K3 VISA

California Service Center - Texas Service Center - Manila US Embassy

August 2007 - filed I130

September 2007 - filed I129F

April 24, 2008 - interview and VISA APPROVED!

May 02, 2008 - visa in hand, had the CFO stamping done at once, bought ticket online...

May 03, 2008 - flew to US to be with stinky love...

July 22, 2008 - Sent AOS Package to CHICAGO Lockbox

July 24, 2008 - received package

July 29, 2008 - NOA for AOS and EAD

Aug 01, 2008 - Touched....

Oct 01, 2008 - Received EAD

still waiting on AOS

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Good idea!

RFE #1 - my husband had filed a tax extension, so his 2006 taxes had not yet been filed when we sent in our application. We had submitted his "most recent tax return", 2005. The RFE was to submit form 4868, Application for Automatic Extension of Time to File US Individual Tax Return. We got his tax accountant to send this to us. Evidence accepted by USCIS.

RFE #2 - this was a weird one. I entered the US in April 2006 with a passport that expired a couple months later. I didn't want to be travelling with an expired passport; so on the advice of Passport Canada, I applied for a new passport by mail, submitting the expiring one along with the application. There is an option on the passport application to have the old one returned or not...... I selected "Do NOT return old passport", since at that time I had no reason why I would need it later on. With my I-485 application, I sent in copies of the CURRENT passport, but USCIS wanted copies of the passport which I used to enter the country. Well, I didn't have it. I had to call Passport Canada, get them to send an official letter and a printout of my application which shows the "Do NOT return old passport" box checked. They had to verify that if an expired passport is NOT returned to the owner, it is destroyed. Evidence accepted by USCIS.

Timeline
Good idea!

RFE #1 - my husband had filed a tax extension, so his 2006 taxes had not yet been filed when we sent in our application. We had submitted his "most recent tax return", 2005. The RFE was to submit form 4868, Application for Automatic Extension of Time to File US Individual Tax Return. We got his tax accountant to send this to us. Evidence accepted by USCIS.

RFE #2 - this was a weird one. I entered the US in April 2006 with a passport that expired a couple months later. I didn't want to be travelling with an expired passport; so on the advice of Passport Canada, I applied for a new passport by mail, submitting the expiring one along with the application. There is an option on the passport application to have the old one returned or not...... I selected "Do NOT return old passport", since at that time I had no reason why I would need it later on. With my I-485 application, I sent in copies of the CURRENT passport, but USCIS wanted copies of the passport which I used to enter the country. Well, I didn't have it. I had to call Passport Canada, get them to send an official letter and a printout of my application which shows the "Do NOT return old passport" box checked. They had to verify that if an expired passport is NOT returned to the owner, it is destroyed. Evidence accepted by USCIS.

thank you so much for the reply... you did a good job writing the reasons down and the action that you did to provide USCIS... thank you... hope everyone will do the same... this will help a lot of members going through the AOS process...

thanks... keep posting people... thank U...

when love is real,

it defies all reasons...

when love is true,

it ignores all pains...

when love is great,

K3 VISA

August 2007 - filed I130

May 02, 2008 - visa in hand, had the CFO stamping done at once, bought ticket online...

still waiting on AOS

Timeline
Well I guess it's a good thing for everyone that only two VJer's got RFEs! :bonk: Congrats to the rest of you who did it right the first time! ;)

its a good thing, yes it is... but i hope most of the member will participate too... if only few had gotten RFE's before... we can actually eliminate getting RFE's in the future if all of us cooperates... :whistle::yes:

when love is real,

it defies all reasons...

when love is true,

it ignores all pains...

when love is great,

K3 VISA

August 2007 - filed I130

still waiting on AOS

got an RFE for joint sponsor---6 months of paystubs and letter from employer

02/29/2008 Filed AOS

07/25/2008 Interview!!! Approved!

07/29/2008 Approval letter/Welcome to the USA letter for I130 and I485 Arrive

08/18/2008 Permanent Resident Card Arrives!

04/27/2010 Mail Package for lifting conditions

08/11/2010 Approval letter!

Timeline

thanks for all the replies guys... we believe that not only 3 or 4 peeps here have gotten RFE's... come on now, all of us here want a smooth process... thank you for reading, it wont take much sharing your own RFE experience, ayyt???

when love is real,

it defies all reasons...

when love is true,

it ignores all pains...

when love is great,

K3 VISA

August 2007 - filed I130

still waiting on AOS

I got an RFE for Evidence of Assets. I am in the process of getting it together to send back

AOS

APRIL 24 2008 - Filed AOS Packet APRIL 28 2008 - Package received and signed for by CHYBA

MAY 6 2008 ( Day 1) - Notice USCIS received MAY 10 2008 (Day 4) -Rec'd all 4 NOA's & Status of all 4 online

MAY 12 2008 (Day 6) - Received Biometrics letter MAY 14 2008 (Day 8) - Biometrics done early.

OCTOBER 22 2008 (DAY 170)- I-765:Card Production Ordered/I-131: Approval notice sent

OCTOBER 27 2008 (Day 175)- AP Received

OCTOBER 30 2008 (Day 178)- EAD Approval Notice Sent OCTOBER 31 2008 (Day 179)- EAD Received

NOVEMBER 4 2008- Applied for SSN / NOVEMBER 24 2008- SSN Received

JANUARY 15 2009- INTERVIEW-APPROVED!!

JANUARY 31 2009- GC RECEIVED_No more USCIS for 10 Months[/color]

ROC

October 27- I-751 Sent

October 30- I-751 Received

April 10-10 YR GC Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
I got an RFE for Evidence of Assets. I am in the process of getting it together to send back

I got an RFE for my tax schedule and W-2s. I had sent in my full tax return but I had not sent in copies of W-2s or 1099 forms. I got word of the RFE last Thursday, received the letter today and mailed the stuff off today.

I hope this moves our case along!

Best of luck to everyone goin' through the process.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I just received an RFE saying my wife's I-693 was incomplete "Page 3, Part 2, Section 5 is blank or missing." I called the doctor's office today and they said "No it's not". I asked for a copy and they said they couldn't give it to me?????? Anyway, I'm going to get another copy and send it to CIS.

Any suggestions???

Thanks, Larry

Edited by Larry08

Timeline
I just received an RFE saying my wife's I-693 was incomplete "Page 3, Part 2, Section 5 is blank or missing." I called the doctor's office today and they said "No it's not". I asked for a copy and they said they couldn't give it to me?????? Anyway, I'm going to get another copy and send it to CIS.

Any suggestions???

Thanks, Larry

my doctor gave me a copy of what they have sealed in the envelope for USCIS... maybe you can ask them again if they can give you a personal copy...if you really wanted to make sure, better go back to the doctor's office and ask again to be safe... hope this helps...

when love is real,

it defies all reasons...

when love is true,

it ignores all pains...

when love is great,

K3 VISA

August 2007 - filed I130

still waiting on AOS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.