10 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Your entry is not clear. Give some details on your unfolding predicament and people will know how to respond. From the glimpse,it might mean that you be strong and firm when dealing with it.

In five months we will have to file for the I751, they recently started to hit me and wants me to give full custody of my children to the ex, as you might be able to tell i'm afraid for them to read this. the person is extremely smart and if they know i am trying to get who knows what will become of me. So they think that they can go and marry someone else before we file the I751 and still have me responsible for them financially, which is not going to happen as they made me lost my job of 7 years. The person is vicious and now I am seeking a way out. They plan a trip home in december if you need to know more please ask me questions as i am very afraid at this moment. :crying:

my spouse just told me they were leaving me and looking for someone else to marry we have not filed I751 yet what is my recourse and am i going to have to be legally responsible for the person if they committed fraud? :(

You'll have to clear things up a bit if you want help!

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Your entry is not clear. Give some details on your unfolding predicament and people will know how to respond. From the glimpse,it might mean that you be strong and firm when dealing with it.

In five months we will have to file for the I751, they recently started to hit me and wants me to give full custody of my children to the ex, as you might be able to tell i'm afraid for them to read this. the person is extremely smart and if they know i am trying to get who knows what will become of me. So they think that they can go and marry someone else before we file the I751 and still have me responsible for them financially, which is not going to happen as they made me lost my job of 7 years. The person is vicious and now I am seeking a way out. They plan a trip home in december if you need to know more please ask me questions as i am very afraid at this moment. :crying:

I'm sorry that you got in that situation, but I don’t quite understand who are “they” that you are talking about? Can you specifically answer the following questions: Is your spouse treating you badly? Did you enter your marriage in a good faith? Do you want a divorce or your spouse does? From immigration stand point you are still able to file for I-751 even if you get divorced but you will need to prove that you enter the marriage in good faith, reason for separation etc. The law is very clear on that.

my spouse just told me they were leaving me and looking for someone else to marry we have not filed I751 yet what is my recourse and am i going to have to be legally responsible for the person if they committed fraud? :(

Do you have evidence, best written or uttered by him to another party, that he only married you to gain residency? If you do, you can report the situation to USCIS, and certainly, under no circumstances should you sign the I-751 form until you have weighed all of your options. If it is proven that you were deceived into marriage, you will not be bound by the I-864 once his status is denied.

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Do you have evidence, best written or uttered by him to another party, that he only married you to gain residency? If you do, you can report the situation to USCIS, and certainly, under no circumstances should you sign the I-751 form until you have weighed all of your options. If it is proven that you were deceived into marriage, you will not be bound by the I-864 once his status is denied.

I'm sorry that you got in that situation, but I don’t quite understand who are “they” that you are talking about? Can you specifically answer the following questions: Is your spouse treating you badly? Did you enter your marriage in a good faith? Do you want a divorce or your spouse does? From immigration stand point you are still able to file for I-751 even if you get divorced but you will need to prove that you enter the marriage in good faith, reason for separation etc. The law is very clear on that.

I am only saying they so that I will not have to mention the sex of the other party, I am a USC and I'll refer to the person as sammy to answer the questions no because sammy is very "kind and sweet" in front of others. So as long as I don't sign the I751 and report the incidents to USCIS, I should be ok? sammy denies marrying me to gain residencey, they just utter how they will file for divorce and say that I changed so much and isn't the same person, of course I'm not after losing everything I worked so hard for. Sammy is even jealous of my children, was jealous of my co-workers, friends and my family, even my dog :blink: Proves the phrase right you never know someone until you live with them. So of course I feel completely overwhelmed and hopeless. :crying: My life has become very isolated because I :blink: feel so embarrassed at the wool being pulled over my eyes. Sammy keeps saying they'll find someone else and marry and stay here. Duh can't marry someone else if your still married and if I don't sign the I751 won't USCIS start deportation proceedings?

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I am only saying they so that I will not have to mention the sex of the other party, I am a USC and I'll refer to the person as sammy to answer the questions no because sammy is very "kind and sweet" in front of others. So as long as I don't sign the I751 and report the incidents to USCIS, I should be ok? sammy denies marrying me to gain residencey, they just utter how they will file for divorce and say that I changed so much and isn't the same person, of course I'm not after losing everything I worked so hard for. Sammy is even jealous of my children, was jealous of my co-workers, friends and my family, even my dog :blink: Proves the phrase right you never know someone until you live with them. So of course I feel completely overwhelmed and hopeless. :crying: My life has become very isolated because I :blink: feel so embarrassed at the wool being pulled over my eyes. Sammy keeps saying they'll find someone else and marry and stay here. Duh can't marry someone else if your still married and if I don't sign the I751 won't USCIS start deportation proceedings?

The foreign spouse can remove conditions on their own by showing evidence they entered the marriage in good faith. Your testimony and presentation of evidence to the contrary may cause this effort to fail or it may not. They need not marry another to successfully stay but under some circumstances that too may work.

The terms of the I-864 will apply unless you can show compelling evidence of fraud.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

well, I do not believe you can deport him.... because he I think has the right to filed I751 with a waver if he stills maintain that he married you in good faith.... Of course he has no right in abuse you verbally or physically and less to take your children away!!!!!!!!!! so... I will suggest you divorced him and continue your life.... if he can prove that he entered the marriage in good faith well... just good luck to him.... you should leave him right away!

06/28/2004. Happily Married in Miami Florida.

09/??/2004 Send I-130, 486 Package and ETC. for AOS

01/??/05 Workers permit received.

Got Social Security Card!!!

08/29/2005 Interview went awesome!

09/??/2005 Green Card arrived!!!!!!!! YUPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Removal of Conditions:

06/01/2007 Send package to TEXAS Service Center

06/07/2007 Received NOA

09/20/2007 Went to get an stamp, denied stamp at the Miami USCIS Office =(

01/31/2008 Transfer to Vermont Service Center (after almost 8 months!)

02/22/2008 This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.

02/26/2008 This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred. (Last Touched)

07/01/2008 : still waiting for a miracle after 390 days of suffering....

07/02/2008: Infopass Appointment. passport Stamp....

07/03/2008: Incredible!!!! Card Production Ordered!!!!!!

07/04/2008: Touched. Duplicate email Card Production Order

07/07/2008: Touched

07/08/2008: Touched. Email with notice of approval

07/09/2008: Touched again!

07/11/2008: CARD ARRIVES IN MAIL!!!!! THANKS!!!! WELLCOME IMMIGRANT LETTER!!! :P

Naturalization Process:

06/23/2010: 06/23/2010 - Send N400 after 5 years of permanent residency. Good luck !

well, I do not believe you can deport him.... because he I think has the right to filed I751 with a waver if he stills maintain that he married you in good faith.... Of course he has no right in abuse you verbally or physically and less to take your children away!!!!!!!!!! so... I will suggest you divorced him and continue your life.... if he can prove that he entered the marriage in good faith well... just good luck to him.... you should leave him right away!

Thanks everyone for your responses, I appreciate your time.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.