Brad and Vika

Russian city you would most like to visit?

Russian City You would most like to visit?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. What Russian city would you most like too visit? Why?

• Moscow
    • St. Petersburg
    • Other (explain)

64 posts in this topic

I love the Lviv pictures, Brad! I'm going to take my wife back to visit next summer...I still have never been there when it was warm so it will be a real treat!

Thanks - I may share an album on photobucket, when I am satisfied with it. A piece of advice, do reserve a place with air conditioning in advance if it is summer (unless you are with relatives of course). An apartment would be better, and climate control isn't as common in Lviv as say Odessa. Probably isn't as much need.

100_29_0128_128.jpg
100_38_0137_137.jpg

Cheers

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
I love the Lviv pictures, Brad! I'm going to take my wife back to visit next summer...I still have never been there when it was warm so it will be a real treat!

Thanks - I may share an album on photobucket, when I am satisfied with it. A piece of advice, do reserve a place with air conditioning in advance if it is summer (unless you are with relatives of course). An apartment would be better, and climate control isn't as common in Lviv as say Odessa. Probably isn't as much need.

100_29_0128_128.jpg
100_38_0137_137.jpg

Cheers

Good advice! I know A/C is not too common there but definately an essential for me! That's a great picture...pretty close to the church where we got married.

Wife's visa journey:

03/19/07: Initial mailing of I-129F.

07/07/11: U.S. Citizenship approved and Oath Ceremony!

MIL's visa journey:

07/26/11: Initial mailing of I-130.

05/22/12: Interview passed!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I chose Moscow because the airport is only 45 minutes from my home in Dmitrov. I will not spend much time in Moscow, only to register my visa....

I watch Dmitrov TV when I get homesick for my husband and our apt.. www.dmitrovtv.ru

Feb 11, 2005 ZAGS wedding in Moscow

Aug 7,2005 married in the Cathedral in Dmitrov

June 27, 2008 mail I-130

July 11,2008 sent I-129F

Oct 2, 2008 Yuri received packets 3+4 from US Embassy Moscow

Nov 20, 2008 Interview....VISA APPROVED!!!!!!

Dec 10, 2008 Yuri arrived! No problems :)

April 20, 2009 mailed AOS

May 4, 2009 medical exam

May 21, 2009 biometrics done

June 5, 2009 received EAD by mail

Aug 10, 2009 interview-given greencard congradulations letter with stamp

100_29_0128_128.jpg
100_38_0137_137.jpg

Cheers

Good advice! I know A/C is not too common there but definately an essential for me! That's a great picture...pretty close to the church where we got married.

I take it you mean the picture of Vika near the Opera house. It was amazing how all the churches around the center turn into bride factories on Saturday. The wedding parties were tripping over each other near the monuments - very cool.

100_0753_0014_014.jpg
100_0754_0013_013.jpg
100_0746_0017_017.jpg

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

We got married in a church less than a mile from the Opera house...very close to the market square with the big tower. Also, our profile picture is from inside the Opera house...every time I visited my wife we'd go catch a couple.

Wife's visa journey:

03/19/07: Initial mailing of I-129F.

07/07/11: U.S. Citizenship approved and Oath Ceremony!

MIL's visa journey:

07/26/11: Initial mailing of I-130.

05/22/12: Interview passed!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Ok I love Moscow,even though its expensive..Hey I grew up there...

If i was a foreigner i would go to ST.Petersburg,since people there are nicer,and lets face it-way cheaper than Moscow...

I would also go to Golden Ring of Russia which is Vladimir,Suzdal...Its an old capital of Russia,Very beautiful churches and of course simple Russian people.

If you are looking for summer vacation than Sochi,but its pretty expensive too if you are looking for a quality trip:)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
And the winner so far is still....... Anywhere but Moscow!!!

Really.... Moscow has so much more to offer than St. Petersburg. Take away the Hermitage and Peterhof, and you can walk and see all of St. Petersburg in a day.

My personal favorite places in Russia: (1) the Lake Ladoga Area (especially the islands of Valaam & Konevets); (2) Murom (go there!); (3) Suzdal (was there at the cucumber festival a couple weeks ago); (4) Pyotigorsk (have your passport handy); (5) the Golden Ring (historical and beautiful): and, last but not least, is Moscow (unlimited things to take in). These are all in Western Russia, as I have not been east of the Urals.

Of the cities I have not been to in Russia, I would like to visit Nizhny Novgorod.

In any event, I think it helps to learn a bit of the history of the places you visit in Russia.

from Andrew

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline
And the winner so far is still....... Anywhere but Moscow!!!

Really.... Moscow has so much more to offer than St. Petersburg. Take away the Hermitage and Peterhof, and you can walk and see all of St. Petersburg in a day.

My personal favorite places in Russia: (1) the Lake Ladoga Area (especially the islands of Valaam & Konevets); (2) Murom (go there!); (3) Suzdal (was there at the cucumber festival a couple weeks ago); (4) Pyotigorsk (have your passport handy); (5) the Golden Ring (historical and beautiful): and, last but not least, is Moscow (unlimited things to take in). These are all in Western Russia, as I have not been east of the Urals.

Of the cities I have not been to in Russia, I would like to visit Nizhny Novgorod.

In any event, I think it helps to learn a bit of the history of the places you visit in Russia.

I've spent over a year in spb and have never been to Peterhof and I've been to the Hermitage twice, both times because of a photography assignment. There is waaay more to do here than just the touristy places.

Moscow is like any other big city with less value for your money.

Первый блин комом.

Timeline
I suppose that because St. Petersburg has only <5 million inhabitants, it is considered a small city...?

Don't see your point here. There isn't much special about Moscow that distinguishes it from other big world cities. And it's so unplanned it makes me dizzy. I have always felt that it looks like someone just threw a bunch of buildings and streets randomly and called it a day.

Первый блин комом.

Timeline

Other; Krasnoyarsk for me to see my in laws (not in winter) :blink: . Also a very nice city with population of about .9 million. Next time I go I hope we can take week and go to Lake Bakiel too as it is not to far away.

K1

07-18-05 NOA1

08-06-05 NOA2

11-02-05 Petition arrives NVC, lost 85 Days after NOA2!

02-15-06 Interview Moscow (Visa approved)

02-20-06 Visa received

02-27-06 Arrives USA - POE Dallas

AOS

04-03-06 NOA1

04-17-06 Biometrics

07-20-06 Success!

LIFE

03-04-06 Married!

02-07-07 Our daughter is born!

08-01-07 Inlaws visit for 26 days.

06-03-09 Our Son is born!

09-20-09 Mother in-law for 2.5 months.

Remove Conditions

05-13-08 NOA1

06-12-08 Biometrics

04-08-09 Success!

Naturalization

04-23-09 Mailed N400

04-29-09 NOA1

05-20-09 Biometrics

07-22-09 Interview Success!

09-23-09 Oath

There is waaay more to do here than just the touristy places.

Your average VJer isn't into hanging out at clubs and attending DJ premiers.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.