erintoronto

Cancel or withdraw K1 Petition

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I ended my relationship with my fiance (USC) almost two months ago.

It was my understanding that I could withdraw the petition if we sent the following to CSC:

1. a letter from him (USC) stating things didn't work out and he wanted petition withdrawn

2. a letter from me stating things didn't work out and he wanted petition withdrawn

3. a copy of our NOA1

Now the problem is that he didn't get his @ss in gear in time and our petition was approved on friday (june 18).

Should we still send the above noted to the CSC, plus should I send the full package plus a copy of our NOA2 and a letter explaining that we tried to withdraw the petition but did not do so in time to the consulate we'd be dealing with (Montreal)?

My biggest issue is that my ex has failed to send me a copy of our NOA1 and we're obviously waiting on our NOA2.

Would it be possible for me to write a letter independent of him and explain that he is being uncooperative? At this point I don't trust that I'll ever hear from him again, let alone receive these documents.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'd really like this part of my life to be over with. It's been horribly painful and upsetting to find out that the person I loved wasn't who he said he was.

Edited by erintoronto

I ended my relationship with my fiance (USC) almost two months ago.

It was my understanding that I could withdraw the petition if we sent the following to CSC:

1. a letter from him (USC) stating things didn't work out and he wanted petition withdrawn

2. a letter from me stating things didn't work out and he wanted petition withdrawn

3. a copy of our NOA1

Now the problem is that he didn't get his @ss in gear in time and our petition was approved on friday (june 18).

Should we still send the above noted to the CSC, plus should I send the full package plus a copy of our NOA2 and a letter explaining that we tried to withdraw the petition but did not do so in time to the consulate we'd be dealing with (Montreal)?

My biggest issue is that my ex has failed to send me a copy of our NOA1 and we're obviously waiting on our NOA2.

Would it be possible for me to write a letter independent of him and explain that he is being uncooperative? At this point I don't trust that I'll ever hear from him again, let alone receive these documents.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'd really like this part of my life to be over with. It's been horribly painful and upsetting to find out that the person I loved wasn't who he said he was.

I may be off base here, but I think the petition itself will expire eve if you do nothing. So if you sit tight the problem solves itself.

Edited by Brad and Vika

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Timeline
I may be off base here, but I think the petition itself will expire eve if you do nothing. So if you sit tight the problem solves itself.

the bigger issue is that my family spends half of the year in the US. i'm canadian. i want to ensure that i don't have any problems crossing the border.

any advice?

Why do you think an expired/withdrawn/denied K-1 would interfere with other travel to the US? There won't even be an entry in your passport at this stage. Again, I could be wrong here, but I don't see an issue.

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I think since its in the middle now waiting for Montreal you maybe able to call NVC and let them know that you want to cancel it other then that I know you will be able to email Montreal (they dont take calls) and tell them to cancel it. I would think its better to cancel it rather then letting it sit it will be done faster and make way for others.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

I think since its in the middle now waiting for Montreal you maybe able to call NVC and let them know that you want to cancel it other then that I know you will be able to email Montreal (they dont take calls) and tell them to cancel it. I would think its better to cancel it rather then letting it sit it will be done faster and make way for others.

I think the OP said her ex was the USC. If so, she may not be able to cancel. She said that he is not responding. I agree that letting the system work until expiration will clog the queue for others, but the OP can't help that.

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I think the OP said her ex was the USC. If so, she may not be able to cancel. She said that he is not responding. I agree that letting the system work until expiration will clog the queue for others, but the OP can't help that.

Alone, the beneficiary can't do much but let the petition expire. It might be worth a letter to the Consulate if you have a case number to reference. If nothing else, I'd write the letter, get it notarized and carry a copy of the letter and proof the Consulate received it then carry a copy of all that when crossing the border. At least you're on recordd you no longer have immigrant intent.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

[i may be off base here, but I think the petition itself will expire eve if you do nothing. So if you sit tight the problem solves itself.

quote]

The petition will expire in 4 months after its approval

K-3 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Ukraine

Marriage :

I-130 Sent : 2007-12-04

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-02-03

I-129F Sent : 2008-02-05

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-02-11

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-06-24

NVC Received : 2008-07-01

NVC Left : 2008-07-02

Consulate Received : 2008-07-07

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received : 2008-07-07

Interview Date : 2008-08-20

Visa Received : 2008-08-22

US Entry : 2008-08-27

I-130 Approval : 2008-05-24

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 134 days from your NOA1 date.

Your I-130 was approved in 111 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 199 days from your I-130 NOA1 date.

Port of Entry Review

Event Date

Port of Entry : Chicago

POE Date : 2008-08-27

Got EAD Stamp : No

Biometrics Taken : No

Harassment Level : 0

Comments :

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Kansas City MO

Date Filed : 2009-05-18

NOA Date : 2009-05-26

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 2009-06-16

AOS Transfer** :

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Greencard Received:

Comments :

Employment Authorization Document

Event Date

CIS Office : Chicago National Office

Filing Method : Mail

Filing Instance : First

Date Filed : 2009-05-18

NOA Date : 2009-05-26

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 2009-06-16

Approved Date : 2009-06-24

Date Card Received :

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your EAD was approved in 37 days.

Timeline
Alone, the beneficiary can't do much but let the petition expire. It might be worth a letter to the Consulate if you have a case number to reference. If nothing else, I'd write the letter, get it notarized and carry a copy of the letter and proof the Consulate received it then carry a copy of all that when crossing the border. At least you're on recordd you no longer have immigrant intent.

the USC is apparently now going to participate in all this. wait and see.

i did get advice from a US immigration lawyer who said exactly what was said above minus letting the petition expire. apparently if the USC has sent everything (letter from him, letter from me and copy of our NOA1) to california, then i can send that same package to montreal plus a copy of our NOA2 plus a letter explaining again that we had recently mailed a package of info to the service center and tried to have the petition withdrawn but missed it by a few days.

but a notarized letter is the way for me to go with this montreal package, and for my records. but this is all provided the USC has done what he said he was going to do.

thank you all for your help in this frustrating matter.

erin

Edited by erintoronto

i did get advice from a US immigration lawyer who said exactly what was said above minus letting the petition expire. apparently if the USC has sent everything (letter from him, letter from me and copy of our NOA1) to california, then i can send that same package to montreal plus a copy of our NOA2 plus a letter explaining again that we had recently mailed a package of info to the service center and tried to have the petition withdrawn but missed it by a few days.

but a notarized letter is the way for me to go with this montreal package, and for my records. but this is all provided the USC has done what he said he was going to do.

erin

Sorry the relationship did not work out for you erin. Thank you as well for getting back to us. It's interesting to note that the US immigration lawyer said exactly what everyone here was saying...and in fact that we had one other piece of information that he did.

It's so nice that you followed up so that we can better help others that might go through this in the future that might not see the post.

carlahmsb4.gif

erin

Sorry the relationship did not work out for you erin. Thank you as well for getting back to us. It's interesting to note that the US immigration lawyer said exactly what everyone here was saying...and in fact that we had one other piece of information that he did.

It's so nice that you followed up so that we can better help others that might go through this in the future that might not see the post.

Absolutely! Thanks for sharing :)

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.