Zi Zi

High rate of Scam Marriages

34 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

Ok, then if the government has certain countries that they consider high risk for fraud. They should be totally open about it. Maybe they should have different criteria for getting a visa from one of these countries. So when you start this process you have less of a chance of hitting that wall at the end of the process.

I am just starting this process haven't even sent in my paper work yet. In doing my research I have run across to many posting from couples who are totally devastated by being denied because of fraud. Some people aren't even really clear exactly why they where denied.

Before the government starts taking people money they should have more checks along the route if you are going to be dealing with one of these consulates. Make the requirements firm. Photos for example they ask for them but don't tell you exactly how many they want. Some people show up with entire photo albums get denied. While others had a few and passed. When denied they should give you a detailed report within 24 hours stating precisely why. ...Anyway I could go on with ways I think the process can be improved. I am sure people can give me a million reasons the process is fine or the goverment is doing the best they can. I just know that there has got to be a better way.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cindishah:

"also husband dies soon after wife arrival,, scary!!! booo ha ha"

That's an unkind and insensitive comment :angry:

Edited by Barbarella UK

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Chicago IL

Date Filed : 2008-03-25

NOA Date : 2008-04-04

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 2008-04-24

AOS Transfer** :

Interview Date : 2008-06-13

Approval / Denial Date : 2008-06-13

Approved : Yes

Welcome Letter Received: 2008-06-21

Got I551 Stamp :

Greencard Received: 2008-06-26

Comments :

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

i dont know maybe it is because our case has been dragged out so long but personally feel that there is no rhyme or reason anyone is judged by any part of the process of fraud sure there are some real red flags on some cases but for the rest of us caught in this mess of a system that is the visa process.........its a ####### shoot if u get someone with a bad day ur day is bad if u come across someone that dont like ur file for what ever reason they have u put in the black hole of ap or security until they get tired of playing with u other than the real red flags that anyone can see i dont believe there is a real system in place to look at anything or else we would not still be held up in the beginning of this process after 11 months of waiting :whistle: and thats just my opinion from my own experience with this messed up system

Edited by estadia

Filed: Country: Senegal
Timeline
Well the fiance is interviewed at the US Embassy in that Country so they are well aware if there is a higher rate of fraud. They make the decision therefore there is more scrutiny.

Sad thing for legitimate couples going through those Consualtes... and for the rest of us doing this because of love.

Ok, but how do the determine the rate of fraud and what do they consider high? Is it just based on the USC later reporting that the person married them just for a green card. Or do the look at divorce rates and date of divorce?

High fraud countries are determined by the fraud investigation team present at the embassies. These teams see the same pattern every day. Thus experience teaches them to target high fraud and label countries as such.

This data is compiled when someone is put under AP / AR and with home investigations and document verification and also fraud

exposed at the AOS level and sometimes deportations.

High fraud countries are poor countries with sub standard living conditions, a high crime rate, war torn countries etc. usually third world countries, underdeveloped versus developed countries.

Beneficiaries who commit fraud leave a track record that DHS compiles along with data from USCIS and CO's.

What? Fraud investigation teams? Working for whom? Reporting to whom? And budgeted by whom? Beneficiaries who commit fraud leave a record sure, a biometric record. What is your authority for all of this?

The fraud teams are in the embassy to conduct investigations during AP / AR. Budgeted by DOS or DHS. Besides a biometric record

they leave another record..........investigators make phone calls and visit family and neighbors to check the relationship

validity and verify documents with the national registries.

My authority on this is my own experience and it is a well known fact that embassies have fraud investigation teams, especially

in third world countries.

I have also emailed with a fraud investigator of another embassy who is a friend of a friend and asked him questions and got interesting answers. For example :

Beneficiary states he has a USC fiance.

Fraud investigator calls him on the phone to investigate.

WIFE answers hello ? Investigator asks who are you ?

She answers his wife.

Case closed.

Happened every day according to him and that is just one story.

Fraud investigators go out in the field, they are often Nationals to blend in and understand the customs and language.

They bring what they find back to the CO's who approve or deny.

This happens of course not in every case but mostly in high fraud countries where they already know the particular patterns and

during AP / AR.

Timeline
This might have been covered before if so please point me to the correct postings. From what I am reading some people have a harder time get a K-1 visa because finance is from a country that high a amount of marriage fraud. My question is how does the US Government determine this. Do they have a formula that they follow?

There are various fraud profiles that vary by country but each case is evaluated on its own merits. No simple answers here. If your case has some red flags it would be best to discuss them directly in the appropriate visa forum.

This is not about my personal case. I am just wondering in general. I feel that the government should have these profiles available to the public and how they come to their conclusions. I think it would help people understand the process, and make the government be more accountable in their denials and approvals.

They will not let the general public know how they proceed because to them it is confidential and a security matter.

If they would be 100 % open about everything then the really bad guys would catch on quick and try to be one step ahead.

I agree with you that in some ways there should be more checks and balances in place so that a CO who got up on the wrong side of the bed will not be given the sole power to determine a denial but they can not and should not be too open to compromise national security issues.

That is why I advice people to request to speak to the chief consul first and foremost if denied. That is what I did and though he did not overturn the decision, I felt he heard me and listend and told me the next step a few days later.

Timeline
This might have been covered before if so please point me to the correct postings. From what I am reading some people have a harder time get a K-1 visa because finance is from a country that high a amount of marriage fraud. My question is how does the US Government determine this. Do they have a formula that they follow?

There are various fraud profiles that vary by country but each case is evaluated on its own merits. No simple answers here. If your case has some red flags it would be best to discuss them directly in the appropriate visa forum.

This is not about my personal case. I am just wondering in general. I feel that the government should have these profiles available to the public and how they come to their conclusions. I think it would help people understand the process, and make the government be more accountable in their denials and approvals.

They will not let the general public know how they proceed because to them it is confidential and a security matter.

If they would be 100 % open about everything then the really bad guys would catch on quick and try to be one step ahead.

I agree with you that in some ways there should be more checks and balances in place so that a CO who got up on the wrong side of the bed will not be given the sole power to determine a denial but they can not and should not be too open to compromise national security issues.

That is why I advice people to request to speak to the chief consul first and foremost if denied. That is what I did and though he did not overturn the decision, I felt he heard me and listend and told me the next step a few days later.

I can understand about national security, but I still feel that if I am accused of something I have right also to confront my accusers and defend myself. How can you do that when they don't give you all the facts. Image if you was accused of murder and you are in court to defend yourself but the prosecutor doesn't have to give you all the evidence against you. You will have a hard time not getting send directly to jail. This system just has to many secrets.

Timeline

I can understand about national security, but I still feel that if I am accused of something I have right also to confront my accusers and defend myself. How can you do that when they don't give you all the facts. Image if you was accused of murder and you are in court to defend yourself but the prosecutor doesn't have to give you all the evidence against you. You will have a hard time not getting send directly to jail. This system just has to many secrets.

The entire system sucks. They are supposed to have facts and evidence to back up their claims and accusations.

But most people do not know the reason for denial and therefore are very befuddled on how to fight the system.

It is up to the petitioner to make enough noise to be heard because they hope maybe you just go away.

In my case the attorney will fight the alleged misrepresentation before starting the waiver. She feels what happened is not true cause of misrepresentation.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Panama
Timeline

With all the hoops they make you jump through it's as if they think everyody's relationship is fake until they can prove otherwise.

May 7,2007-USCIS received I-129f
July 24,2007-NOA1 was received
April 21,2008-K-1 visa denied.
June 3,2008-waiver filed at US Consalate in Panama
The interview went well,they told him it will take another 6 months for them to adjudicate the waiver
March 3,2009-US Consulate claims they have no record of our December visit,nor Manuel's interview
March 27,2009-Manuel returned to the consulate for another interrogation(because they forgot about December's interview),and they were really rude !
April 3,2009-US Counsalate asks for more court documents that no longer exist !
June 1,2009-Manuel and I go back to the US consalate AGAIN to give them a letter from the court in Colon along with documents I already gave them last year.I was surprised to see they had two thick files for his case !

June 15,2010-They called Manuel in to take his fingerprints again,still no decision on his case!
June 22,2010-WAIVER APPROVED at 5:00pm
July 19,2010-VISA IN MANUELITO'S HAND at 3:15pm!
July 25,2010-Manuelito arrives at 9:35pm at Logan Intn'l Airport,Boston,MA
August 5,2010-FINALLY MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!
August 23,2010-Filed for AOS at the International Institute of RI $1400!
December 23,2010-Work authorization received.
January 12,2011-RFE

Timeline

With all the hoops they make you jump through it's as if they think everyody's relationship is fake until they can prove otherwise.

Guilty until proven innocent <_<

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Just keeping it real..lights up . wah why does AJ get away with cold hard honesty and i dont. Im taking my ball and going home!!

august 2004 I-129 filed (neb)

DEC 2004 Approved

interview: SEOUL

MArch 21st , 2005AR for special security clearance,washington

May 18th tranfer case from Seoul to Islammabad

June 21st security clearance done

June 28th online at the embassy in Islamabad

waiting for paper transfer and the good word

OCTOBER 14TH 2005 Interview Number 2: ISLAMABAD, PK

AR number 2 sent to DOS per Islamabad (2 cable request)

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

dec 20th one cable back waiting on 2nd

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

march 10th marriage (nikkah at the islamic center)

aug 2006 AOS interview, cond 2 yr GC arrived september

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Dec 2008 10yr green card approved, no interview.

Filed: Other Timeline

that is an american liberty, which does not apply in foreign countries. :blush:

our rules, regulations, liberties, etc. have ABSOLUTELY no bearing in the foreign SO country of origin.

exactly :whistle:

I am all that the Potter created me to be.

I celebrate, liberate and dedicate my life to His Glory.

I Am Uno!

Timeline

our rules, regulations, liberties, etc. have ABSOLUTELY no bearing in the foreign SO country of origin.

I don't understand.... it is a USC that is part of the process... and the US government that denies not the SO Government. So why shouldn't the liberty apply?

Filed: Other Timeline

I don't understand.... it is a USC that is part of the process... and the US government that denies not the SO Government. So why shouldn't the liberty apply?

when the denial comes from the SO country, (during the interview process) our rules dont apply.

thats what I meant :star: .

I am all that the Potter created me to be.

I celebrate, liberate and dedicate my life to His Glory.

I Am Uno!