palilover

Jerry Springer Interview

75 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline
I am so sorry.

I don't condone violence of any kind; but I can't say I wouldn't have done the same.

I hope you make the descions that are right for you. I wish you only the best.

I too do not condone the violence, but man I can see how someone would loss it. I think you lost it in a nice way for me it might have been worse :whistle: I am sorry that you had to go though this and I pray for the best outcome for you in this situation.

I am sorry for what you had to go through.

Try to stay calm until he goes back and the embassy will review the documents. If they will approve the visa in this case I would say they are very lenient.

If he is denied then insist that you see the chief consul to review the decision right there, if he won't overturn it ask for a waiver form for misrepresentation. At that point go to the immigrate2us site and study what is involved in processing the waiver and hardship letter.

Hire the best attorney to guide you through it.

It is expensive and very time consuming to prepare the waiver and can take 6-9 months more or less to find out if it is approved. From what you have said he should definitely qualify for a waiver for misrepresentation if denied.

Best wishes (F)

Thanks for that!! Wow 6-9 months???? And is it going to stay at the consulate this whole time then?

I've decided what I may do is call the consulate directly this wek after they have had time to receive the paperwork. I will request to speak to teh consular officer directly whom I spoke to before. I am going to tell him basically my side of the story and how we ended kup in the immigration process. The bottom lilne is I am just as unhappy with tehm accusing my husband of using me for a green card as my husband is. I want them to KNOW that and know the correct story. As for the misrepresentation, now that I've gotten my husband side of the story...and like I said, I know he is capable of making such a foolish decision.....I am going to explain this to the CO. Since they said they would leave it up to my decision of whetehr I wanted to continue and they'd continue processing...we will see what that givs us.

And what will happen if the CO denies us? Will I get osmething in mail or only my husband? If it's only my husband, that should be very fun with his english him reading an entire denial letter covered in his tears:(

I am just amazed how the consulate has been so far, even to accept to continue with the case and say its left in your hands. I wonder if that is the standard or if the CO really wants to help in this situation or not. In either case good luck with the process.

I'm thinking it is because I was there. Had i not been there, visa would have been rejected by now for sure.

The news would have been shocking either way no matter how I heard it at this point. The only reason I want to continue with him is because of how he is with me the rest of the time which is great...he treats me better than my own father would ever treat me, let alone any past guy-who happened to be American btw. He lied...he knows it by now nad I know it....I know it's wrong, but he was raised on a barn if he says his other male family members lie to their wives. No wonder he thinks this way or thought I should say:) I'm just hoping the consulate is as forgiving as me at this point.

June 14, 2007 Sent I130 to Vermont Service Center via USPS overnight

June 15, 2007 Confirmed on usps.com that VSC has received packet

June 29, 2007 Check cashed by USCIS (hey they opened my packet!)

June 30, 2007 Received NOA1

July 7, 2007 I130 touched

July 9, 2007 I130 touched

July 10, 2007 I130 touched

Aug. 24, 2007 I130 touched

Aug. 26, 2007 I130 touched (stop feeling up my husband's case and get him over here, yala!)

Oct. 1, 2007 On my way to Palestine

Oct. 5, 2007 I130 approved, transferrerd to NVC YAY!!!!

Oct. 16, 2007 Return to US, ranks one of the saddest day of my life:(

Oct. 27, 2007 Agent form/AOS bill received from NVC

Nov 1, 2007 Overnighted AOS payment to NVC

Nov. 29, 2007 Received AOS form from NVC

Dec. 20, 2007 overnighted I864 packet to NVC

Timeline

regarding him wanting to stay, let me rephrase that. He did not want to stay on his visitor's visa nand let it expire, no way. Neither of us wanted that. He understands that much about immigration because he knows that people have done that and are now barred from the US. He never wanted that as he wanted to come back. What I was going to do originally was file for AOS for him off visitor's visa. the issue with that would be we would have to prove that he had no intentins of marrying me beforehand. It's true because we did not meet prior to this time in America. And we did not decide to get married til maybe 2 months after we met. But he did not want to stay for that even and wanted to go back and to return. (but that was due to the other palis we knew here who told him he'd be back in 3 months cuz they wanted him to go and me be alone and they were mad because I would not marry their family member strictly so he can get his green card). My husband, on the other hand, was good to me and that was why I wanted to be with him. No way would I want to marry someone so they can get their green card and leave me as I siad to those people I want a good faith marriage and to stay with the guy. My husband earned his time with me. I hope he still continues to earn it after all this!!

So help me God if something happens with my husbnd, I want to take revenge and report those people for immigration fraud! The one guy hires all illegall immigrants at his pizza shop and the main guy (my neighbor) has his nephew here on a student visa (what his wife said) and he is not going to school..he is working under the table at that pizza shop. Reason he's here....he is going to stay here to marry the guy's daughter when she turns 18. It's her cousin.

Things like this make me mad. Here you have people knowingly commit immigration fraud and they do it without being caught. I don't understand how he's on a student visa and he must prove he's in school yet he's not in school Or maybe the wife lied to me and said he was on a visitor's visa maybe. that seems more believable is he's just let the visitor's visa expire. Either way, wrong wrong wrong when I'm looking at what my husband and I have been through.

Aug. 26, 2007 I130 touched (stop feeling up my husband's case and get him over here, yala!)

Timeline
I know you said you dont want anyone to challenge why you are staying with him so I wont, but I am just curious after this all happened did he introduce you to the other three kids you didnt know about? How old are all of these kids?

thats cool. well yes, this is where it gets interesting as well. Last time I was in Palestine, I met the two kids I knew about but the other 2 kids, I thought were a niece and nephew. It was not until my husband said the name of his kids after the interview that I realized that thsoe other 2 were his. And it is kinda ironic because the one niece (whom I thought anyways) was my favorite of the bunch and come to find otu, its his daughter. Just wish if I woulda known that last time!! but his kids are ages 16, 15, 12, 11. he has a fifth one from his second divorce but he never sees her because the mother took her to his village and refuses to let her have anything to do with him...she is 5. But his other 4 kids he sees every few months or so.

Even more intresting, his family had no involvement in this. The only family member who knew what was going on was my sister in law back here.

After the interview, still standing on the street...his father calls him on his mobile and wants to know what happened. My husband told him what had happened and his father got mad. I did not know this til on the way home. At first, my husband asked me if I wanted to speak to his father. I said "No your father knew about this and was in on it, I know it! I wanna rip his eyes out too!" (something like that:)

But on the way home, he explained to me that he did not tell his family what he did. They know nothing and he said for the record, his fatehr got mad at him for it. He could not come back on visitor's visa, now he may very well have scrwed his chance with this visa, and now his wife is angry with him so now he broke his life. that is what his father said to him on the phone.

To further reitorate this, I was sitting there at the family's house a few days before I left. Some neices and nephews came into the room and the mil starts saying so and so bin so and so, so and so bin so and so to introduce me to teh kids. (keep in mind, he's got 60+ kids in the entire family....no way can you keep them straight). So ever so sarcastically, I said in half arabic and half english (so the mother in law would pick up on some of it and I know arab woman, they will wonder #######).....said something like would be nice if I got this introduction so and so bin habibi last time I was here. The mil looks at my husband and my husband looks down and explains what I meant. The mil looks at me with her mouth nanging open and she looked back at my husband, back at me and says I did not know......

As for the sister in law back here, she knew what my husband said to me when he first was friends with me before marriage. My husband said that when she saw we were getting mroe serious, and now immigration was involved, she encouraged him to tell me the rest of the story. He refgused and said how can I tell her this now after what I just said before....then she really wont believe anything I say. I know this is not any excuse and believe me, I'm not making this excuse for him because I'll tell him (and I have) straight to his face and IN HIS FACE that he never thought this would catch up to him. However, as I'm sure we all can agree, he should have told me from the beginning period and 10 years from now, I'll tell him the same thing.

As far as how he was towards his family in the ordeal, it is not specifically that he meant to lie to his family. But he does not tell them everything anyways, just keeps things to himself and deals with things himself. When I asked him why he did not tell his own mother about what he said to me, he was like "I don't tell my family what is between us". I think the entire family has the mentality (at least the men do...the women talk and talk) that what is between husband and wife stays between husband and wife. I've hung out with the men and I know they do not ramble on about their wives so I know my husband does not either except everyone says he misses me a lot and is unhappy over there without me. (who's fault is it though at this point:/

Although I will say also that my husband is very independent. He thinks for himself and I know this from day one about him so I know its in his personality. So I have no reason to believe that anyone else was involved in this. If he says he made the decision on his own I believe it cuz I know how he is. And just the same, I have also seen how my husband defended me on several occassions even amongst his family. Our marriage was never a secret to them even when he was here on his visitor's visa. He called his father and brotehr right away and told them and even before my first visit to Palestine, I was talking (well limited as I spoke no arabic at the time and still it is severaly limited to a few words but if I want to bad enough I WILL BE HEARD:) to family members on the phone.

Timeline

AUGH!!!!!!!! I talked to my husband this morning!!!! I'm gonna be crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He was supposed to got o Ramallah and get his divorce paper that he needs from the court there. he was told it would be ready there to pick up. And he was going to aramex it to consulate.

But I called him today and he said no......he went to court and the court said why you come here, papers wont be ready til Tuesday and you dont pick them up here, it's in Nablus!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I told my husband you need to call Nablus court when you get home as he was still on bus. He said no the courts there close at 2. Huh? A business closing at 2???????? OMG I must've sounded horrible on the train on my way to work because I'm raising my voice at this point. How can you people work only from maybe 9-2 on maybe only 4 days a week while I work 60 hours and you people are so lazy over there and its no wonder you people are so messed up!! Seriously, the PA makes our government look like an Olympic speed skater!!!!!! We've been waiting on the papers now for over one week and the court told him he'd have it by the 18 which was fri. (but they told him pick it up on sunday since fri is Muslim day).

I'm ready to go back to Paletsine just so I can knock down the doors in nablus and talk to those people myself. We paid big money for this bs and when they say we'll have it we better have it. My husband knows me by now based on Jerusalem and me looking for work for him in Ramallah.....I'm ready to do anything now:) Don't mess with me:) Well, wait, I forgot my bank account is low. No money for new plane ticket to pali....oh those people got lucky!!!!!!!!! But even if I call them myself, they probably dont speak english:/ All I can say is YALA YALA YALA! And they'd be like "yala what?" lol

But from an economical standpoint, I'm finding it a bit stupid that business hours close at 2 though. No wonder thre so many people out of work there. No business stays open long enough to hire people;)

Filed: Timeline

I can totally understand you being upset..but to generalize and say they are LAZY because they stop work at 2pm...and messed up? Do you really believe they are 'messed up? ..thats a bit over the top.

My husband works hard in a HOT HOT government office in Jordan and appreciates leaving early in the summer.

I will step away from this thread as I have no good advice for palilover. It just rubbed me wrong the finger-pointing and generalizations of an entire area. I wish you the best of luck hope you get this all straightend out.

Jackie

Edited by just_Jackie

Filed: Country: Senegal
Timeline

Try to stay calm until he goes back and the embassy will review the documents. If they will approve the visa in this case I would say they are very lenient.

If he is denied then insist that you see the chief consul to review the decision right there, if he won't overturn it ask for a waiver form for misrepresentation. At that point go to the immigrate2us site and study what is involved in processing the waiver and hardship letter.

It is expensive and very time consuming to prepare the waiver and can take 6-9 months more or less to find out if it is approved. From what you have said he should definitely qualify for a waiver for misrepresentation if denied.

Best wishes (F)

Thanks for that!! Wow 6-9 months???? And is it going to stay at the consulate this whole time then?

I've decided what I may do is call the consulate directly this wek after they have had time to receive the paperwork. I will request to speak to teh consular officer directly whom I spoke to before. I am going to tell him basically my side of the story and how we ended kup in the immigration process. The bottom lilne is I am just as unhappy with tehm accusing my husband of using me for a green card as my husband is. I want them to KNOW that and know the correct story. As for the misrepresentation, now that I've gotten my husband side of the story...and like I said, I know he is capable of making such a foolish decision.....I am going to explain this to the CO. Since they said they would leave it up to my decision of whetehr I wanted to continue and they'd continue processing...we will see what that givs us.

And what will happen if the CO denies us? Will I get osmething in mail or only my husband? If it's only my husband, that should be very fun with his english him reading an entire denial letter covered in his tears:(

If denied, you should receive the waiver form right then and there, if not ask for it. AFTER researching the waiver/hardship letter and consulting an attorney your husband has to submit the waiver and $ 545. Then you wait until notified.

Waivers are send to USCIS field offices to different places / countries for adjudication. Not sure but yours may be Rome.

In my case, my fiance lives in Sierra Leone, his processing embassy is in Dakar Senegal and the waiver would be adjudicated

in Accra, Ghana. Ask if the CO can recommend to expedite the waiver.

Timeline

Best wishes (F)

If denied, you should receive the waiver form right then and there, if not ask for it. AFTER researching the waiver/hardship letter and consulting an attorney your husband has to submit the waiver and $ 545. Then you wait until notified.

Waivers are send to USCIS field offices to different places / countries for adjudication. Not sure but yours may be Rome.

In my case, my fiance lives in Sierra Leone, his processing embassy is in Dakar Senegal and the waiver would be adjudicated

in Accra, Ghana. Ask if the CO can recommend to expedite the waiver.

ok but who is going to get the waivr? My husband or me? Are they going tos end it by courier mail or regular mail? If they send it by regular mail, no way can he get it as regular mail in Palestine is nonexistent. Only he can receive dhl or ups or something like that. And at this point, the consulate has said he does not need to go back to Jerusalem. He can just aramex the papers to the consulate. And tehn the paper they gave my husband at the interview said if all checks outw ell with his submitted papers, they will ask for his passport.

Or aer you thinking they may change their mind and ask for second interview before denail or?

Timeline

How will it affect us if my husband went ahead and found work in another country? I know our consulate will chagne as it would not be Palestine, but can tehy just forward our current paperwork to another consulate? Or do we have to start over????:( If this continues, I am worried about the financial hardship for me supporting myself alone here, supporting him (I explained this to his family and his family does not even care about that and there aer several members of his family including sil over here who are living on piles of money), and affording lawyer and further immigration fees. I already work around 60 hours a week so no time for a second job:( My husband needs to be workiing but there is no work in Paletsine as I said before. And he needs to eat too:(

Timeline

How will it affect us if my husband went ahead and found work in another country? I know our consulate will chagne as it would not be Palestine, but can tehy just forward our current paperwork to another consulate? Or do we have to start over????:( If this continues, I am worried about the financial hardship for me supporting myself alone here, supporting him (I explained this to his family and his family does not even care about that and there aer several members of his family including sil over here who are living on piles of money), and affording lawyer and further immigration fees. I already work around 60 hours a week so no time for a second job:( My husband needs to be workiing but there is no work in Paletsine as I said before. And he needs to eat too:(

How will it affect us if my husband went ahead and found work in another country? I know our consulate will chagne as it would not be Palestine, but can tehy just forward our current paperwork to another consulate? Or do we have to start over???? :( If this continues, I am worried about the financial hardship for me supporting myself alone here, supporting him (I explained this to his family and his family does not even care about that and there aer several members of his family including sil over here who are living on piles of money), and affording lawyer and further immigration fees. I already work around 60 hours a week so no time for a second job:( My husband needs to be workiing but there is no work in Paletsine as I said before. And he needs to eat too:(

Why would you want to add any more confusion to an already precarious case?

Timeline
After getting what they want...they may ask for the passport to stamp it!

Stay strong and it will all be ok. Hopefully soon this will all be just a memory.

Jackie

yeah that is what I'm thinking or hoping I should say.

thanks I've not been so worried on anything in immigration so far....only this is the worst I see!!:(

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

Just interested in how you two met? Did he go to school in America? I feel for you at this point, must be hard to come up with all kind of money to do the visa, since I am guessing he dosn't have any with out being able to work. I hope it all turns out well for you, and you both will be happy forever.

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.

Eleanor Roosevelt

thquitsmoking3.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.