Lee L

A MESSAGE TO VERMONT

25 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

I write this with the hope of catching someone's eye at Vermont. As you may or may not know, there are a number of us waiting for months and months to be with our spouses due to this wait for petition processing. Here on this site it is plain to see that engagement petitions are often approved within half the time it takes for those for actual spouses. I am not questioning fairness - but I am questioning logic. I am married - which means I ALREADY have made the commitment to place myself responsible for my spouse, both emotionally and financially. This responsibility is extremely difficult to honor from here overseas and I would spend this time with her waiting in her country if I could, however I am not independently wealthy so it would prove even more detrimental to our marriage than this distance. Not to mention that seperation from her is heartbreaking.I know there are many elements at play here - politics, bureaucracy, etc, - but take this as a plea for the consideration of the numerous families that are being kept apart during these long wait times for petition processing.

Thank you,

Lee L

I write this with the hope of catching someone's eye at Vermont. As you may or may not know, there are a number of us waiting for months and months to be with our spouses due to this wait for petition processing. Here on this site it is plain to see that engagement petitions are often approved within half the time it takes for those for actual spouses. I am not questioning fairness - but I am questioning logic. I am married - which means I ALREADY have made the commitment to place myself responsible for my spouse, both emotionally and financially. This responsibility is extremely difficult to honor from here overseas and I would spend this time with her waiting in her country if I could, however I am not independently wealthy so it would prove even more detrimental to our marriage than this distance. Not to mention that seperation from her is heartbreaking.I know there are many elements at play here - politics, bureaucracy, etc, - but take this as a plea for the consideration of the numerous families that are being kept apart during these long wait times for petition processing.

Thank you,

Lee L

I am under K-1 just waiting since last December, I am with you and I hope to get somebody attention at Vermon Service Center.

• 2 weeks later...

i stand in the same page as you. thats exactly what i was thinking, its ironic for them to approve k1's faster than the spousal visas. does that mean the girlfriend can get to the usa faster than the wife? i dont understand that. i believe that the husband has the right to bring his wife wherever he goes. i dont understand why the uscis is approving fiance visas faster than spousals. its plain stupidity

feb. 26,2008-----noa1

aug. 26, 2008----transferred to csc

sept. 19, 2008--- approved

NVC:

sept. 26, 2008----got case # from a live operator

oct. 6, 2008 ------received AOS bill/paid online

oct. 7, 2008 ------shows PAID

oct. 14,2008 -----IV fee generated/ paid online

oct. 15,2008 -----shows PAID

oct. 16,2008 -----mailed DS230 overnight

oct. 23,2008 ---- RFE

nov. 3,2008 ----- case complete

nov. 26,2008 --- medical exam

aug. 14,2009 --- remedical finally, passed

aug. 24, 2009 -- interview , passed

aug. 29, 2009 -- visa in hand

sept. 24, 2009 -- POE LAX

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Vermont Center has no access to internet

Here is my story. I've lived problem free life, payed my taxes. One day I decided to marry this girl. But to do so would require her to come to US of A, and so it started. My problem free live turned in to free problems from USCIS! Sure things turned to unsure, certain dates turned to aproximation within months. All logical thinking was out the door, as I filed my papers withing famous Vermont Centre!

I-130 Received

12-12-07

I-130 Approved

8-28-2008

NVC

Date Package Received By NVC : 09-05-08

-- Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 09-11-08

-- Pay I-864 Bill :09-11-08

-- Receive I-864 Package :09-15-08

-- Return I-864 Package :09-16-08

-- Return Completed DS-3032 :09-11-08

-- Receive IV Bill :09-17-2008

-- Pay IV Bill :09-17-2008

-- Receive Instruction Package :09-17-08

-- Case Completed at NVC :10-16-08

Date Package Left From NVC :10-31-08

Date Received By Consulate :11-05-08

Date Rec Instructions (Pkt 3) :11-05-08

Date Complete Instructions (Pkt 3) :11-05-08

Date Rec Appointment Letter (Pkt 4):11-25-08

Interview Date (IR-1/CR-1 Visa):12/08/08

Date IR-1/CR-1 Visa Received :12-11-08

Date of US Entry :12-17-08

You're mistaken... they DO have access to the internet, they just dont know what it is or how to use it.

LOL!

CR1

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-02-19

Touched : 2008-09-26

Touched : 2008-09-27(they work on saturdays?)

I-130 NOA2 : 2008-09-29

222 DAYS

CR2 (Our)daughter

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-06-27

I-130 NOA2 : 2008-09-26

89 DAYS

K3

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA2: 2008-09-29

173 DAYS

~~~NVC~~~

10-01-2008 NVC Case Recieved/Numbers Assigned

10-02-2008 NVC IIN Numbers Acquired after 14 tries. (take the "call after 10p" tup) it WORKS

10-04-2008 Paid AOS $70 AND sent DS-3032 by email (.pdf) and by MAIL

10-08-2008 AOS SHOWED AS PAID - AOS Docs Sent out

10-08-2008 IV FEE GENERATED then PAID

10-08-2008 SDQ CONSULATE GRANTS EXPEDITE REQUEST AND REQUESTS CASE

10-27-2008 SDQ INFORMS MY WIFE, TO PICK UP "OPEN INTERVIEW" PAPERS

10-28-2008 INTERVIEW PAPERS AND MEDICAL INST. RECIEVED

10-29-2008 MEDICAL DONE

11-04-2008 MEDICAL RESULTS RECIEVED

11-05-2008 INTERVIEW (APPROVED)

#-#-#### VISA/PASSPORT(S) RECEIVED

#-#-#### POE

TOTAL DAYS FORM PETITION TO INTERVIEW-260 DAYS or 8 months, 17 days

i stand in the same page as you. thats exactly what i was thinking, its ironic for them to approve k1's faster than the spousal visas. does that mean the girlfriend can get to the usa faster than the wife? i dont understand that. i believe that the husband has the right to bring his wife wherever he goes. i dont understand why the uscis is approving fiance visas faster than spousals. its plain stupidity

I was thinking the same.. If we just knew the case even before we get married then we would prefer to do K1. I was just wondering why it seems that the bond of marriage is less important to them.

I promise to love you in good times and in bad, with all I have to give and all that I am, in the only way I know how -- completely and forever......

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

You're mistaken... they DO have access to the internet, they just dont know what it is or how to use it.

LOL!

I wont argue with that

Here is my story. I've lived problem free life, payed my taxes. One day I decided to marry this girl. But to do so would require her to come to US of A, and so it started. My problem free live turned in to free problems from USCIS! Sure things turned to unsure, certain dates turned to aproximation within months. All logical thinking was out the door, as I filed my papers withing famous Vermont Centre!

I-130 Received

12-12-07

I-130 Approved

8-28-2008

NVC

Date Package Received By NVC : 09-05-08

-- Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 09-11-08

-- Pay I-864 Bill :09-11-08

-- Receive I-864 Package :09-15-08

-- Return I-864 Package :09-16-08

-- Return Completed DS-3032 :09-11-08

-- Receive IV Bill :09-17-2008

-- Pay IV Bill :09-17-2008

-- Receive Instruction Package :09-17-08

-- Case Completed at NVC :10-16-08

Date Package Left From NVC :10-31-08

Date Received By Consulate :11-05-08

Date Rec Instructions (Pkt 3) :11-05-08

Date Complete Instructions (Pkt 3) :11-05-08

Date Rec Appointment Letter (Pkt 4):11-25-08

Interview Date (IR-1/CR-1 Visa):12/08/08

Date IR-1/CR-1 Visa Received :12-11-08

Date of US Entry :12-17-08

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Aruba
Timeline

HI everyone

I agree with you\with the K-1 getting half as fast which is not fair

Well talk about fairness

We got our fit I-130 sent back because someone at the USCIS help line gave my husband the wron amount

and for some reason our mail is also snail mail

we lost a month almost waiting to get a rejection notice

Then we call again because we didn't get anything and we where send to Vermont office

but the NOA1 is missing in the mail, and they won't resend it

We finally got someone to give us an address a better address to send the I-129F

which got rejected the 1st time to this time for wrong address

So we are really Heart broken and scared

I am missing my husband everyday

to the point it is getting depressing

but we mist month because of mistakes they did.

And we get the butt end of the deal because seems to me California is going faster

an1cCnE0f--0410MDAwMTg3NHN8MDAwMDEzZGF8Q2l2aWwgTWFycmllZA.gifas1cCx0-M3-0410MDM3ODEwc3wzNzcyNHN8Q2h1cmNoIFdlZGRpbmc.gif

an1cCsA-M000410MzAwMjY1MGp8NDc0Mjk2bGF8U3RhcnRlZCBWaXNhIFByb2Nlc3M.gif

03/02 Received NVC

04/02 Case Number

05/02 DS-3032 Gen

06/02 DS-3032 email

09/02 Received DS-3032&I-864 Bill

10/02 Pay I-864

11/02 AOS bill PAID

11/02 IV Bill Gen

11/02 Pay IV

11/02 IV Bill PAID

26/02 Mail AOS&IV Package

Stuck at NVC :-(

10/3 Medical PASSED!

11/3 AVR states IV paid (1 month after it got paid)

K-3:

04/02 At NVC

05/02 Left NVC

At Embassy, DHL 9 FEB

19/02 Embassy gave me apt for K-3

31/03 Interview Date

K-3 In HAND!!!!!

04/04/09 POE: ARUBA

Filed: Other Timeline

There is one Nepal case, a K-1 that was submitted 1 week after mine to VSC, it went from NOA1 to interview in 4 MONTHS..... They are now together and I haven't even had a touch since 2/24.... I probably will not get to see my husband for another 6-9 months... Tell me where is the fairness in that????

thkirby-1.gifpetblink46.gif
BuddhaEyesGlobe.gif1433707c1j51myzp6.gif

There is one Nepal case, a K-1 that was submitted 1 week after mine to VSC, it went from NOA1 to interview in 4 MONTHS..... They are now together and I haven't even had a touch since 2/24.... I probably will not get to see my husband for another 6-9 months... Tell me where is the fairness in that????

Im really sorry to sign in after taking a leave of absence from VJ and seeing the same wonderful filers still waiting. I wonder if the back up will still be there when I return from Paris in October and we re-file. I hope to see some approvals real soon to my old friends and January filers, and the rest waiting even longer then some.

Paris Heart

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you,

Lee L

Me & my husband feels the same way.

MARLO SY PARKER

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

tHAT IS True i actually know a person who have filed his K1visa for his fiance' and approved and his fiance' is here now in the u.s. I just dont understand because from what i recall, we filled our petition at the same time..and same date...I really miss my husband and its been 1 year since we filed our petition I-130. how come he is not here yet???That's unfair...Is our notice of Action lost in the mail??????come on VSC!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

Messages like this, although agreeable, are totally useless. They will never read nor care, and it is no nuisance for them, so they do not feel pressed to act.

Pick up the phone and call the USCIS' director! And then write to him letting him know how angry you are, copying politicians and decision makers...

Thank you,

Lee L

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Sasha no its not Ironic its more than pathetic that they are approved before us, we did all the steps we needed to take to get married, its not fair its so easy for them

[

APPROVED 8/26/08 got notice on 8/27

Received Hard Copy 9/2/08

NVC Received : 9/2/08

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 9/9/08

Pay I-864 Bill 9/10/08

Receive I-864 Package : 9/15/08

Return Completed I-864 : 9/24/08

Return Completed DS-3032 : 9/10/08

Receive IV Bill : 9/19/08

Pay IV Bill : 9/19/08

Receive Instruction Package :

Case Completed at NVC : 10/27/08

NVC Left : 11/06/08

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 12/11/08

Visa Received : 12/12/08

US Entry : 1/1/09

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I aboslutely agree with you... All I have been doing is calling the USCIS directors office (Michael Ayetes) every single day and sometimes two or three times in a day to complain to all of them... My I-130 was there for 16 months without a single touch ... only after I started complaining there were touchs everyday, this week requested further evidence, we sent, and again called to coplaim and make sure they had received... Hey monday morning I am on the phone again complaining... since they do not care to read our posts, at least I feel a bit better of telling them myslef how unhuman and irresponsible their snale pace have been to our families... ( I actually got to know all the officers there by first name after been on the phone with them for over a month...)

It is not joke, it is sad, agonizing, disrespectful and simply ridiculous what they do, how they do, and when they decide to consider adjuticating our families life... This is not just a visa... this is our family well being, physically, mentally, emotionally and financially... as for all of us who are separated from our spouses goes through distress in all these areas...

I agree with all you have said 10000%...

Best of luck to all of us.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.