10 posts in this topic

I just recieved notice on my aos interview. I am unclear about what this I-693 is.

(Quote) If you completed the medical as part of the K-1 visa in Vancouver, then you do not have to do another medical unless you are specifically requested to do so. You should be prepared to present the Vaccination Supplement, however, which needs to be done by a civil surgeon here in the US based on the information written on the vaccination worksheet done at your physical. you should have received a copy of the worksheet (Quote) ...

I did not recieve any kind of worksheet about my vaccinations because I didn't need any, I had everything I needed already. I do have a "Immunization record" book from back home marking off what immunizations I have had and when. Will this work? And if so do I need to go take this to a civil surgeon to fill out on the I-693? Where do I get this form and also how do I know which doctor is considered a civil surgeon here in the United States?? This whole thing confuses me...

CanGal

ticker.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hey CanGal,

you can use this link

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/exec/cs/index.asp

to locate a USCIS Civil Surgeon close to you and these Civil Surgeons have the forms needed.

If not you can always print it off of USCIS website at

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/i-693.htm

And if so do I need to go take this to a civil surgeon to fill out on the I-693?

Thats what we did

AOS

2006-02-xx - AOS Packet Sent

2006-02-15 - NOA1 Received

2006-03-11 - Biometrics Appointment Letter Rec'vd for (04/05/2006)

2006-04-05 - Biometrics Done for both EAD+AOS

2006-04-05 - Another Biometrics Appointment Letter Rec'vd :-0

2006-04-05 - AOS + EAD Touched

2006-04-06 - AOS + EAD Touched

2006-04-14 - Interview Letter Received (5/16/06)

2006-04-28 - EAD approval e-mail (whopping 18 days before AOS interview)

2006-05-03 - ANOTHER EAD approval e-mail!

2006-05-03 - Received EAD card in mail! - this is getting really really weeeiiirrdd!!!

2006-05-16 - AOS Interview went pretty smooth IMO. Hopefully will see GC soon.

2006-05-16 - Touched (Still no change from original AOS receipt status)

2006-05-19 - Received WELCOME LETTER in mail. (No change in online status)

2006-05-23 - "Approved and Card Ordered" - E-mail received and online status changed.

2006-05-25 - "Approval Letter Sent" - E-mail received and online status changed.

2006-05-26 - Received GREEN CARD in mail.

There is NO Substitute for Common Sense, especially not a Lawyer.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Like you, I didn't need any extra vaccinations. I do have all of my immunization records and took them - along with the worksheet which I did receive at my medical - to a local civil surgeon. He transferred the information to the I-693a Vaccination Supplement from the documents I provided him. So, find a local civil surgeon, explain that you just need the Vaccination Supplement for which there will be a fee (I paid $50), and bring all of your immunization records with you. He will have the forms already so you don't need to bring it. You can find a list of civil surgeons on the uscis website - sorry I don't have the immediate link, but perhaps someone else will write in and post the link.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bahamas
Timeline

When you did your medical in Canada, the doctor there should have given you a copy of the DS-3025 Vaccination Worksheet. If he/she did not, ask them to send you a copy right away.

If your vaccinations were incomplete, then you can go to the doctor of your choice to get it. As far as I know if you are over 19 and under 65, you only need to show that you've had shots for Measles/Mumps/Rubella (MMR), Diptheria/Tetanus and Varicella (Chicken Pox). Of course, if you've had the pox already, you don't have to get that vaccination.

Then you present the DS-3025 worksheet (and the evidence of getting whatever was missing), to the civil surgeon.

He/she transfers the information onto the I-693A (they have that form already) and that's it!

Shop around with the civil surgeons in your area for a good price. DO NOT let them convince you that you need a complete medical again. As a K1, as long as your medical was within 1 year, you are OK. Around VJ, I've seen people charged anywhere from $10 to $50 to get the I-693A filled out. Search for VJers in your area and find out where they got theirs done.

GOOD LUCK! :thumbs:

*Not an expert or a doctor, so make sure and speak to a Civil Surgeon or call USCIS to confirm about what shots you need.*

Adjustment of Status

July 1 2006 - Sent EAD & AOS packet

Sept 19 2006 - EAD APPROVED

Sept 22 2006 - AOS APPROVED

Sept 23 2006 - EAD card arrived

Sept 29 2006 - GC arrived!!!

Removal of Conditions

Jul 9 2008 - Filed @ VSC

Feb 25 2009 - Transferred to CSC

June 20 2009 - Card production ordered

NATURALIZATION

Aug 24 2009 - Mailed N-400 priority mail

Aug 26 2009 - rec'd at TX Lockbox

Aug 27 2009 - NOA1 (rec'd 8/31)

Aug 28 2009 - check cashed

Sept 4 2009 - biometrics notice [rec'd Sept 9]

Sept 25 2009 - Biometrics

Oct 17 2009 - Email about file transfer for interview

Oct 21 2009 - Interview Letter Rec'd

Dec 8 2009 - Interview - PASSED!!!!!!

Dec 19 2009 - Oath Letter rec'd

Jan 14 2010 - OATH CEREMONY!!!!

Jan 15 2010 - Passport app.

Jan 21 2010 - Nat. cert. returned

Jan 22 2010 - Passport rec'd

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

CanGal,

I dont think you'd have to get shots done over again.

We also didnt have a copy of DS-3025, in our case the Civil Surgeon looked at the immunization record wify brought over from India, and determined that my wife was up-to-date on her immunizations and just copied over the information onto a I-693 vaccination supplement form and put it in a sealed envelope.

Edited by planeobsessed

AOS

2006-02-xx - AOS Packet Sent

2006-02-15 - NOA1 Received

2006-03-11 - Biometrics Appointment Letter Rec'vd for (04/05/2006)

2006-04-05 - Biometrics Done for both EAD+AOS

2006-04-05 - Another Biometrics Appointment Letter Rec'vd :-0

2006-04-05 - AOS + EAD Touched

2006-04-06 - AOS + EAD Touched

2006-04-14 - Interview Letter Received (5/16/06)

2006-04-28 - EAD approval e-mail (whopping 18 days before AOS interview)

2006-05-03 - ANOTHER EAD approval e-mail!

2006-05-03 - Received EAD card in mail! - this is getting really really weeeiiirrdd!!!

2006-05-16 - AOS Interview went pretty smooth IMO. Hopefully will see GC soon.

2006-05-16 - Touched (Still no change from original AOS receipt status)

2006-05-19 - Received WELCOME LETTER in mail. (No change in online status)

2006-05-23 - "Approved and Card Ordered" - E-mail received and online status changed.

2006-05-25 - "Approval Letter Sent" - E-mail received and online status changed.

2006-05-26 - Received GREEN CARD in mail.

There is NO Substitute for Common Sense, especially not a Lawyer.

thanks planeobsessed, i think thats the best info i've gotten in the last while. I shall do that, i have an immunization record book too. :o) Hopefully that will be fine.

CanGal

ticker.png

I'm sorry if this question has been asked before, but I couldn't find it on the forum & I want to make sure I know what I'm doing for the AOS paperwork. My hubby had the medical in London for the K3 visa interview. We don't have to get another medical do we? What do we do with the I1693 form? Do we have to go to a Civil Surgeon? I just want to mkae sure we have everything done correctly the first time I send it in....

cheers,

Christine

"You're my heaven in life and death"

March 2003 Met my true love online

Dec 2003 Tony came to Texas

March 2004 I went to London

June 2004 Tony came to Texas late

Sept 2004 I went to London

April 2005 Tony came back to Texas

4-12-05 Got married

I 130

6-24-05 Sent off I-130 packet

1-25-06 Petition appoved

I 129F/ K3

7-18-05 Mailed I-129F

7-20-05 I-129F received

7-25-05 sent off for Police Cert.

8-11-05 received Police Cert

8-19-05 NOA1

09-??-05 forwarded to chicago(I sent to wrong place)

10-24-05 received NOA1 for 129F

11-01-05 touched

11-28-05 touched

12-02-05 Received approval /forwarded to NVC

12-13-05 forwarded to the London embassy

12-29-05 received email from London, packet 3 sent

12-31-05 Packet 3 arrives

1-13-06 mails forms to Embassy

1-27-06 Tony mails checklist to Embassy

2-1-06 Tony's medical @ 10:30am London time

3-05-06 flying to London to see Tony

3-08-06 INTERVIEW @ 9:30 AM

VISA IS APPROVED!!!!

3-10-06 VISA arrives

4-28-06 Tony comes home!!!!!!!

EAD took exactly 90 days

6-21-06 I485 mailed

6-28-06 NOA1

11-20-06 INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!!!!

APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
I'm sorry if this question has been asked before, but I couldn't find it on the forum & I want to make sure I know what I'm doing for the AOS paperwork. My hubby had the medical in London for the K3 visa interview. We don't have to get another medical do we? What do we do with the I1693 form? Do we have to go to a Civil Surgeon? I just want to mkae sure we have everything done correctly the first time I send it in....

cheers,

Christine

Hopefully I have this right for a K3...

If the medical was less than 1 year ago, you shouldn't have to have another. That doesn't mean that the USCIS will not ask for another, that has been known to happen by them issuing a RFE.

The I-693A is the vaccinnation supplement, this is filled out by a USA Civil Surgeon. It's filled out from the information either from the vaccinnation worksheet received overseas or from personal records. The fee varies from doctor to doctor to have them transfer the info from one form to another so call around. The USCIS has a list of the Civil Surgeons that can do this, sorry, I don't have the link handy but it's easy to find on the USCIS website.

Sept 10 I-129F sent to TSC

Interview - February 13th APPROVED! day 152

April 6 - wedding date day 204

Aug 22 - AOS interview date day 101-total days 342

Sept 29 - green card arrives, done until June 2008 day 140-total days 381

June 30 - I-751 mailed total days 1025

March 9 - Removal of Conditions approved! total days 1277

cheers,

Christine

Are all adjustment of status applicants required to have a medical examination?

Most applicants for adjustment of status are required to have a medical examination. The medical examination must be conducted by a civil surgeon who has been designated by the USCIS. The examination must be documented using Form I-693, Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status.

EXCEPTIONS:

2. Ks: If you were admitted to the United States as a fiance(e) (K-1), child of a fiance(e) (K-2), Spouse of a U.S. citizen (K-3), or child of K-3 (K-4), and received a medical examination prior to admission, then you do not require another medical examination as long as your application for adjustment of status (Form I-485) is filed within one year of your overseas medical examination. You will, however, be required to submit a vaccination supplement with our adjustment of status application. The vaccination supplement must be completed by a designated civil surgeon.

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/i-693faq.htm

Appendix A. Supplemental Form To I-693

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.