pkmk

N-400 JULY 2008 Filers

637 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Two more interviews today for July filers. Let's wish them luck!

Drew (St. Louis, MO) + Lyuba (Moscow, Russia)

December 1, 2003 - met and fell in love in Moscow, Russia

K-1

June 24, 2004 - NOA1

September 14, 2004 - NOA2

December 2, 2004 - Interview

December 24, 2004 - Arrival to the USA

January 14, 2005 - Wedding

AOS

January 25, 2005 - applied for AOS, EAD and AP in person

June 29, 2005 - AOS interview

August 8, 2005 - Green card arrived

Lifting of conditions

April 17, 2007 - NOA1 (extension letter)

April 2, 2008 - case transferred to CSC

May 8, 2008 - 10 year Green card arrived

Naturalization

July 24, 2008 - NOA1

November 19, 2008 - Interview

January 9, 2009 - Oath

January 17, 2009 - applied for US passport

January 26, 2009 - US passport arrived

DONE WITH IMMIGRATION

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
I am also doing the old test. :whistle:

FYI, The Officer NEVER asked me to select between the old or the new test. She just started to ask questions. There were only 6 questions and that was it. I guess I nailed it. hehehehehe.... :whistle:

Cheers,

Asiz2002

Edited by asiz2002

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hello July Filers! I'm a late August filer and have a question. What documents were you asked to bring to your interview? I've already sent the only 2 birth certificates I had and if they ask for another one, I'm going to have to start getting another now because it's a royal pain in the butt to get one in Thailand. Blah! Thanks for your help! :blush:

K1 Journey

03/22/07 - Mailed I-129 Application

08/18/07 - Thai Wedding

09/06/07 - Interview Successful!

10/25/07 - P.O.E. San Francisco

11/01/07 - U.S. Wedding

AOS Journey

11/09/07 - Mailed AOS & EAD

12/12/07 - Biometrics

02/04/08 - Transferred to CSC

02/16/08 - EAD Card Received

05/27/08 - Green Card!

Naturalization Journey

08/28/08 - Filed N-400 via Section 319(b)

10/29/08 - NOA

11/20/08 - Biometrics

01/15/09 - Interview

01/29/09 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Hello July Filers! I'm a late August filer and have a question. What documents were you asked to bring to your interview? I've already sent the only 2 birth certificates I had and if they ask for another one, I'm going to have to start getting another now because it's a royal pain in the butt to get one in Thailand. Blah! Thanks for your help! :blush:

You sent original birth certificates? why?

You only need to send a copy of the birth certificate and then take the original to the interview.

Timeline

I don't think they want to see your birth certificate. This is a naturalization process based on your marriage so they want to see proof of your marriage. I didn't send my Russian birth certificate and the interview letter doesn't ask for it.

K-1

June 24, 2004 - NOA1

AOS

Lifting of conditions

Naturalization

July 24, 2008 - NOA1

January 9, 2009 - Oath

DONE WITH IMMIGRATION

You don't have to send ORIGINAL.

All they ask for is the copy of document.

Then when you go to Interview, you can bring original just in case.

But usually they are o.k. with the copy.

If it is doubtful, they are o.k. to check for original, then you can keep the original.

I know how it is painful to get English translated certified one through the ministry of Foreign Affair.

I get married to Thai woman, so been there, done that. :whistle:

For your question for what kind of documents you have to bring...

For your question, I brought everything with me.

So it was full of duppel bag.

Even Security Officer joked on me for that.

If he put it on the kitchen, the table will be sunken. ^^

But I didn't care.

I didn't want to give another excuse for Adjudicator - interview officer - to delay my N400 process again.

So interview officer only asked for my permanent resident card copy, the divorce decree, which I didn't send with my original N400 application.

He didn't notice that it was not there. ^^

So I pointed out and passed the paperwork.

Here is the documents you want to bring for Interview just in case.

http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=197782

But it's up to you.

Most of items may not be asked by interview officer at all.

But if interview officer decide to ask something, you don't want to give him/her another execuse for saying "next time" because of this and that.

Pass the appropriate amount of document to interview officer, but you should be better over-prepared than getting another "sorry, I can not make the decision at this time. See you next time with more information."

Timeline

But I didn't care.

I didn't want to give another excuse for Adjudicator - interview officer - to delay my N400 process again.

So interview officer only asked for my permanent resident card copy, the divorce decree, which I didn't send with my original N400 application.

But it's up to you.

But if interview officer decide to ask something, you don't want to give him/her another execuse for saying "next time" because of this and that.

Pass the appropriate amount of document to interview officer, but you should be better over-prepared than getting another "sorry, I can not make the decision at this time. See you next time with more information."

I brought my marriage certificate and the US birth certificate for my husband and my European Passport just like the IL requested. The Inmigration officer didn't ask for any of it AT ALL!!! I asked her if she needed to see them and she said, No I have copies of everthing.

Asiz2002

Hello, I just wanted to all to know that I am a new US citizen. I completed my interview and oath today. Was only asked for foreign passport, DL and GC. The officer said it was very helpful that my hubby was there with me.

But I didn't care.

But it's up to you.

I brought my marriage certificate and the US birth certificate for my husband and my European Passport just like the IL requested. The Inmigration officer didn't ask for any of it AT ALL!!! I asked her if she needed to see them and she said, No I have copies of everthing.

Asiz2002

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Hello,

I've got my US Citizenship interview today Oct 22 in Boston. I got at the office at 10:30 and left at 12:30. First I've got the civics and history test. The guy asked me if I want to take the old or the new one. There were 6 questions that were exactly from the book. Then he asked me to read and write a simple sentence in English. Then I went to a different room, where you take the actual interview that is going thru your application and the officer asked me questions about everything. At the end she recommended me for Naturalization, the papers went to her supervisor he approved and at the end they gave me a paper for the Oath, that will be on Nov 12. Can't wait!

Good luck to everyone.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Hello,

I've got my US Citizenship interview today Oct 22 in Boston. I got at the office at 10:30 and left at 12:30. First I've got the civics and history test. The guy asked me if I want to take the old or the new one. There were 6 questions that were exactly from the book. Then he asked me to read and write a simple sentence in English. Then I went to a different room, where you take the actual interview that is going thru your application and the officer asked me questions about everything. At the end she recommended me for Naturalization, the papers went to her supervisor he approved and at the end they gave me a paper for the Oath, that will be on Nov 12. Can't wait!

Good luck to everyone.

Congratulations.... I was hoping you would post how things went. Sadly I have not got an interview date yet I was hoping to be about a month behind you but it looks like it will be longer.

Thanks again.

Timeline
Hello, I just wanted to all to know that I am a new US citizen. I completed my interview and oath today. Was only asked for foreign passport, DL and GC. The officer said it was very helpful that my hubby was there with me.

But I didn't care.

But it's up to you.

Asiz2002

Yandresyuk!!!!!

Congratulations!! I was at the same Field Office yesterday!!

I thought about you because through this forum I knew you were going to the same office today . I wanted to email you to give you the news and tell you everything about it but I didn't want to spoil the fun ;) I'm sure you were in shock, So was I when the officer told me that I have to wait for the oath.

I hope your journey is over now and that you (and your pocket) :D can rest in peace.

Cheers

Asiz2002

Congratulations on both knik, and yandresyuk! ^^

Today I got an letter from USCIS to notify the change of Oath Ceremony location.

It seems that they change the location from court house to USCIS district office, but keeping same date/time.

Mr Zee, any update on yours ?

UserName...........Sent.........NOA1......Biometrics...Interview..Oath....USCIS Office

royjmcclymont......06/12........06/16......07/10.......10/29......xx/xx...Atlanta, GA (TSC)

moonhunt...........06/19........07/05......07/24.......09/16......10/30...Milwaukee, WI (NSC)

asiz2002 ..........06/26........07/03......07/15.......10/21......10/21...Washington DC (VSC) :jest:

ILLEGAL_ALIENS.....06/27........07/10......07/25.......09/24......10/09...Chicago, IL (NSC) :jest:

jsassman...........07/02........07/03......07/31.......10/30......xx/xx...Omaha, NE (NSC)

pkmk...............07/05........07/15......07/29.......09/23......10/07...Chicago , IL (NSC) :jest:

Mr Zee.............07/05........07/15......07/29.......09/23......??/??...Chicago , IL (NSC)

nikola&kate .......07/05........07/18......08/02.......10/22......11/12...Boston, MA (VSC)

NYC_Prospect.......07/07........07/21......08/05.......11/25......xx/xx...NYC, NY (VSC)

yandresyuk.........07/09........07/19......07/26.......10/22......10/22...Washington, DC :jest:

atlanta123.........07/10........07/14......08/08.......11/25......xx/xx...Atlanta, GA (TSC)

2bornot2b..........07/10........07/15......08/09.......xx/xx......xx/xx...Hartford, CT (VSC)

sirch320...........07/10........07/16......08/01.......11/17......xx/xx...Los Angeles, CA (CSC)

rezrez.............07/14........07/24......08/12.......11/12......xx/xx...Baltimore, MD (VSC)

rclouse............07/14........07/15......08/19.......11/18......xx/xx...Santa Ana, CA (CSC)

FVA................07/17........07/21......08/14.......10/20......11/12...Denver, CO (NSC)

Lyuba..............07/17........07/24......08/14.......11/19......xx/xx...St. Louis (NSC)

griffin............07/19........07/21......08/14.......11/17......xx/xx...Detroit, MI (NSC)

KatlvoM............07/21........07/26......08/13.......xx/xx......xx/xx...Columbus SC (TSC)

SamFam.............07/22........07/31......08/18.......11/14......xx/xx...St. Paul, MN (NSC)

paulaclk...........07/23........08/04......08/22.......11/12......xx/xx...Charlotte, NC (TSC)

NYCGAL.............07/25........08/09......08/25.......12/11......xx/xx...NYC, NY (VSC)

Kyngsilva..........07/31........08/06......08/28.......xx/xx......xx/xx...St. Paul, MN (NSC) :crying:

Edited by moonhunt

Timeline

2 more October interviews amd we are moving to November!

K-1

June 24, 2004 - NOA1

AOS

Lifting of conditions

Naturalization

July 24, 2008 - NOA1

January 9, 2009 - Oath

DONE WITH IMMIGRATION

.....waiting.....waiting.......going crazy.....waiting.....check mail box...ugh no mail.....waiting......check mailbox...no mail..."damn da mail man".....waiting......check mailbox...woohoo mail is in......dang it!!!nothing from those monkeys..... Regular morning at the Kyngsilva house :wacko:

My Citizenship Timeline

Service Center : Nebraska

CIS Office : St Paul, MN

Date Filed : 2008-07-31

NOA Date : 2008-08-06

Bio.Rcvd Date : 2008-08-15

Bio. Appt. : 2008-08-28

Interview Date : 2008-12-08

Approved : YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Final Approval 2009-03-16!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!File is in line for Oath Schedule

Oath Letter Rcvd: 2009-04-03

Oath Ceremony : 2009-04-30

Total Time So Far: 9 months, 0 days ..WooHoo!!!!!!!! Can You Hear The Sarcasm =)

I AM NOW A US CITIZEN!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.